News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Talk about matters most weighty in SHARING 480

Started by Lynx, March 04, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Still no response from Roscoe about the unskilled labor.  Maybe I'll go up to Seth's and play the part of an amish guy like he's always asking for.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Grow and beard and wear your cape and I'll put you to doing something.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 07, 2013, 07:39:33 PM
Still no response from Roscoe about the unskilled labor.  Maybe I'll go up to Seth's and play the part of an amish guy like he's always asking for.
You are welcome to bring your unskilled butt down here and work..... :P....If ya come on a friday, I'll even have time to run around a bit with ya. Otherwise, I am stuck with session and can't take off.. :cry: And Lou is having us take off the end of April for family vacation weekend. At this point, we are considering just getting in the car and driving wherever  we feel like going the day we leave.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

MelodyB

I suddenly have a craving for tea and toast and I wanted to come in here and share.

I'm reading a book, but think I will pause for a snack.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

MelodyB

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on March 07, 2013, 09:37:34 PM
Grow and beard and wear your cape and I'll put you to doing something.
And get my nice cape dirty with chicken droppings?  Never!   :noo:

Roscoe:  If you happen to drive in this direction, I'll take you to Shiloh park, if you go in for civil war history.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

I got my new phone last night.  Spent some free time at work setting it up.  I finally found an android phone that is small enough to fit what I want to use it for.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Today is supposed to be my new doctor appointment day. BUT he called in sick. So they've rescheduled me to Tuesday. I still think I'm gonna end up at urgent care though. I slept funny on my left shoulder LAST thursday night and a week later i can barely move it without wanting to burst out in tears. It usually goes away about a couple days but it's been a week now.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on March 08, 2013, 03:08:36 AMAnd Lou is having us take off the end of April for family vacation weekend. At this point, we are considering just getting in the car and driving wherever  we feel like going the day we leave.

Hmmm.... where could you go?  How about.. oh I don't know...

KANSAS CITY            

also, now that Isaac mentioned it...  We have the best WWI museum in the country here.  You coming would give us a great excuse to go again.  It's amazing.  I didn't even know I liked war history until I went there.

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 08, 2013, 01:58:52 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 08, 2013, 03:08:36 AMAnd Lou is having us take off the end of April for family vacation weekend. At this point, we are considering just getting in the car and driving wherever  we feel like going the day we leave.

Hmmm.... where could you go?  How about.. oh I don't know...

KANSAS CITY            

also, now that Isaac mentioned it...  We have the best WWWI museum in the country here.  You coming would give us a great excuse to go again.  It's amazing.  I didn't even know I liked war history until I went there.

Is it a World War Three museum?  :eyebrow:

Gotta go clean at the apartment building.

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on March 08, 2013, 02:15:40 PM

Is it a World War Three museum?  :eyebrow:

No.  Did I write that wrong?  World War one... ah, duh I put 3 W's.  lol  My coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Melody

In looking at pictures of "Shabby Chic" decor I realize my aversion to some of it.  I'm not fond of something that gives the impression that there may be mold, coldness from rickety walls/windows, and the potential for mice/bugs to scurry past, or discomfort due to possible splinters.  I'm not consoled by the fresh flower or satin/lace curtain.  LOL 

MsJennJenn

I am most def consoled by the fresh flower.
I have them all over my apartment. Gorgeous and lovely.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Oh I love fresh flowers! I see lots of things labeled "Shabby Chic" though that just looks gross and dirty instead of vintage.  I bet your version Jenn would be gorgeous. 

MsJennJenn

Some recent photos of my apartment flowers.
These aren't the current bunch but lol

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

The current ones I have purple carnations in my room. Orange carnations on the desk. And white carnation/pink rose bunches on the table and coffee table. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Nosebleed this morning.

I have red beans in the crockpot already for mom and dads dinner. Gonna add sausage and make rice later.

Fixing to get dressed and head to WM. gotta get a few things for the Girls tonight. We are doing a girls Bible study lesson thing called His Girl, and we are making this first lesson a big to-do with dinner and everything. So I gotta go get the rest of the stuff, and put it all together. Krissy brought me the main part last night, but still gotta get a few things.

Gonna do that shortly.

So tired though. I honestly think I could sleep all day every day. :smirk2:

Lynx

Jenn:  No daffodils?  Daffodils are the heralds of spring, and they look so bright and cheerful.

MellowYellow:  I've never seen shabby chic, but I know the attraction of "vintage" looking stuff.  I've never seen the kind you referred to, that looked like it was moldy, diseased, bug-splattered, etc but I don't think I'd like that kind.  I have seen real moldy, diseased, bug-splattered stuff though, in some apartments and small houses where I pick up bus kids sometimes.  Ain't saying who, but I've seen it.  *shudder*
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

In gonna kill the dog. I really am.

If he comes up dead...y'all forget I ever said anything about it. I may have to go back and delete posts...

Seriously. He pooped in front of the toliet on Tuesday. On the rug. The toliet is next to the shower, and I step on that rug when I get out of the shower. Since he pooped on the rug, mom has NOT cleaned it up. She said she was "waiting for it to dry so it will be easy to pick up" so she just moved the rug to the other side of the bathroom. Meaning that when I get out of the shower, I almost fall cause the rug is gone! I have slipped and almost had a heart attack and fell every day this week, no matter how careful I try to be! It doesn't bother anyone else that the rug is gone cause I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO TAKES A SHOWER EVERY DAY!!! When I fall and break my leg, then they will be up a creek cause I do everything so....

I must kill the dog. He's the problem.

MelodyB

Oh. I moved the rug. I closed the toliet lid and draped the rug ever so carefully over the toliet. So there is poop in the direct center, on the rug.

Mom now will have to move the rug in order to use the bathroom. I plan to do this till she removes the poop and washes the rug.

Melody

Mel, your parents amaze me each time I think they could not shock me more.

My friend is a dog lover.  In the few years I've known her she has had a few different dogs.  She picks either super challenging dogs OR doesn't really know how to train them.  I think they have all eventually bitten people, her kids.  Now her recent dog has also bitten her 7yr old.  You think her getting rid of THAT dog will make a difference?  Nope.  She'll just get another dog.  Even though after the last dog she said she wasn't going to get another one for a while. lol 

So if this dog "runs" away, I hope your mom doesn't just get another crazy dog for you to have to put up with since dogs do what they are allowed to do.