News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Should I go back to college?

Started by Backseat Radio, May 20, 2008, 04:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I've already been though college once and graduated with an associates degree.  Started into college the 2nd time after my car accident and chose to drop out at the end of my 2nd year because of the depression and spiritual issues I was battling with. 

Been thinking about going back to college, but I do have some concerns with going back.  I do still battle with the depression that led to me dropping out in the first place so I know I'd have to work at keeping that depression in check.  I know I'd have to keep my internet habit in check so I get my school work done.   I also have some concern with the fact that the last time I was in college I ended up leaving the Apostolic faith and getting involved in the Church of Christ.  I know I'd have to put some spiritual safeties in place.

Should I attempt to go back to college and finish up my 2nd degree?

Zophar

What else would you do instead?  You can't stay home forever, nor do you want to work a poor paying job.  Sit down with someone you trust and decide how you can make this possible, given  your situtation.

Tricia Lea

I would think maybe start back at just taking a class or 2 then add on as you get back in the habit of school, but I think with you having the limitations with you having broken your back, College may be the best option as you need to prepare yourself for a carrer that you can handle and not be stuck later on without a job or with a job that hurtsd your back more.
But eventually you will be out on your own and you need to be ready for that

just my thoughts

Brother Dad

Many major colleges in our area offer their courses online.  Maybe this would something you could check into.  I will remember you in prayer that God directs you in this. 
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

SippinTea

Quote from: Tricia Lea on May 21, 2008, 08:09:08 PM
I would think maybe start back at just taking a class or 2 then add on as you get back in the habit of school, but I think with you having the limitations with you having broken your back, College may be the best option as you need to prepare yourself for a carrer that you can handle and not be stuck later on without a job or with a job that hurtsd your back more.

just my thoughts

Wise thoughts there. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Raven180

Go if God tells you to go, but don't go until God tells you to go and for sure, don't go if God doesn't tell you to go.

What other option is there?
Luke 12:24,

24. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them...

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Brother Dad on May 21, 2008, 08:45:08 PM
Many major colleges in our area offer their courses online.  Maybe this would something you could check into.  I will remember you in prayer that God directs you in this. 

That might be a good thing to check into, check with the college you are planning on attending if you do go back and see what they offer online. Start off with a class or two online then see where you go from there.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Tricia Lea on May 21, 2008, 08:09:08 PM

just my thoughts

definatly a good point

Backseat Radio

been looking at my college options.  not sure if I'd be better off to sign up for the 2 year school thats near me or try to go back to the 4 year school that I dropped out of a few years ago.  I tried tonight to break into my account at the 4 year school to see what was still on my account and it would acknowledge that I still have an account but wouldn't let me log on. grrrrrrrrr

Jaybee

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward."

- Kierkegaard

Backseat Radio

I've already got an Associates of Science in Legal Administration but was taking basic classes towards another degree.  I'll probably end up going a basic business type of direction.   I don't want to do anything medical that much I do know.

Tricia Lea

maybe you could do the basic classes at the 2 year near you then decide if you want to go to the 4 year,  with gas might be best to start out close to home

Tricia Lea

Quote from: bsr on May 26, 2008, 02:01:24 AM
been looking at my college options.  not sure if I'd be better off to sign up for the 2 year school thats near me or try to go back to the 4 year school that I dropped out of a few years ago.  I tried tonight to break into my account at the 4 year school to see what was still on my account and it would acknowledge that I still have an account but wouldn't let me log on. grrrrrrrrr

were you able to find out anything?

Backseat Radio

never have been able to break into that account.  grrrrrrrrrrr

Tricia Lea

maybe you could call them, Tell them you need access to the info, if not online could they mail you what you need

Backseat Radio

not too worried about it just annoyed is all.  I think I'll go to the local college for now because of high gas prices.  Probably the subject I'll have to go out of town for is Math since its a known fact that the local college has a math professor that can't teach.