News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

If a guy talks about other girls... does it mean something?

Started by sunlight, May 11, 2008, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If a guy talks to a girl about some other girl he is potentially interested in, does that mean that he would never consider dating you?

yes- a guy doesnt talk about other girls if he is interested in you
no- he is being honest about his feelings, and could be using it as a sounding board.
no- he only does it to test you or to get your reaction
yes- its a sure sign he is not interested, and trying to let you down easily

Sis

Quote from: Newsman on May 13, 2008, 11:19:37 AM
Ladies,

I'd like to ask your advice about someone...she seems very nice, attractive..great personality..but she doesn't even fish, much less have a bass boat of her own! Should I go ahead and ask her out, or wait for a 'keeper' to come my way in the future?

:laughhard:

John  :waving:

She may not like to fish, a lot of women leave that up to the men. You need to check out if she will cook the fish you bring home. She may not have a bass boat, but does she have her own fortune? Will she buy YOU a bass boat? These are important things to consider.

The Purple Fuzzy

LOL, maybe we need a "Dear Sis" thread... ;)
That sounds about like some answers I've read from other ask columns...

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Newsman on May 13, 2008, 11:19:37 AM
Ladies,

I'd like to ask your advice about someone...she seems very nice, attractive..great personality..but she doesn't even fish, much less have a bass boat of her own! Should I go ahead and ask her out, or wait for a 'keeper' to come my way in the future?

:laughhard:

Sir John:

I am afraid that you may have failed to see the real question behind your questioning.

The true issue is this:  Will said lady look good in your boat and be good company while YOU fish!?  If so, this is a match made in fishing heaven, because she will read a book while you hold your line in the water, and you won't have to worry about her EVER catching a bigger fish than you!  When a lady catches a bigger fish than a man, then the male ego takes a beating (almost the same as an SDIF ego-beating).  This is the voice of experience.
Okay...  so I was seven years old and caught a bigger fish than my Dad, but the concept is still the same, right?

Not only that, but she will be there to cheer you on when you catch the "one that gets away" and she won't roll her eyes when you get home and try to describe it to her.

Perhaps you shouldn't toss her back in the deep blue sea quite yet.  At least invite her out on a boat first!

Swimmingly,
Rainbowjingles 
(I can't swim a lick, but the closing sounded appropriate)

p.s. love your answer, Sis!!  lol

p.s. again...  Sir John:  In light of this thread's topic, are you categorically eliminating anyone who reads this thread from your list of possibilities?  :eyebrow:

TRAV

Re: If a guy talks about other girls... does it mean something?

Either way that guy is finding out something about you (the girl he's talking with). It might have potential for something later on. If not, then at least you have maintained some sort of good relationship with another person. That can't hurt.

After a couple question and answer sessions he might say to himself.....self, "This girl I been talkin to is pretty cool and is not a drama queen. Wow. Now that there's a keeper!"

:thumbsup2:
PROVERBS 3:5,6

Newsman

A moment of seriousness; If a guy is a good frirend to another guy, it should at least factor into his thinking as to whether or not to actually go after a woman his friend has dated/has a major crush on.

However, I think women, based on reading in this thread, take that to a higher level; as in, if I know my friend is interested in him, I wouldn't go out with him..much more a definite deal than it is with the guy.

If a man is interested, or falls in love enough with a woman, he will NOT let friendship keep him from 'making his move'...that's my own way of thinking..I would agree that not all guys are that way.

But, if I were fully convinced that the woman I love was about to marry another man, the only thing that might stop me from going to her and making my case would be pride..it would not be friendship with another guy.

YMMV, of course. (Your Mileage May Vary)

RainbowJingles

Quote from: TRAV on May 13, 2008, 09:53:17 PM
After a couple question and answer sessions he might say to himself.....self, "This girl I been talkin to is pretty cool and is not a drama queen. Wow. Now that there's a keeper!"

:thumbsup2:

:tearhair:

Okay...  I did NOT need to hear that.

You know, my little world was so cut and dried before this poll.  :sadbounce:  I think I kind of liked it that way!  lol

I was talking to a friend today and mentioned that a guy friend was confiding in me about a budding relationship, and I told her something that had happened.  She was like...  "if he's interested in that girl, then why..." and I was like...  :tearhair:  He just knows he can trust me.  Isn't it just that simple?!

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Newsman on May 13, 2008, 10:23:03 PM
   But, if I were fully convinced that the woman I love was about to marry another man, the only thing that might stop me from going to her and making my case would be pride..it would not be friendship with another guy.

Oh my...  that is in PRESENT tense, Sir John.  :o

Anything we need to know?!    :freaky2:

Sis

Quote from: Newsman on May 13, 2008, 10:23:03 PM
   If a man is interested, or falls in love enough with a woman, he will NOT let friendship keep him from 'making his move'...that's my own way of thinking..I would agree that not all guys are that way.

Sheesh! The guys I knew in the world, didn't care if a woman was MARRIED. They'd hit on her anyway. It felt like no limits for them. I was talking to this guy who said he KNEW I wanted him because I smiled when I was talking to him. I told him that I smile when I talked to my dad, too. It doesn't mean anything. He tried to get  me to go out with him. He was getting married in two days!

TRAV

RainbowJingles

:updown:

How irritating to think that maybe I've been wrong so stinkin long.  Not that it really changes anything...  it just makes me think.

I still think it's safer to assume that if he talks about other girls that he's not interested, though.  Less chance for heartache, and it makes me feel more comfortable around the guys, as well.

sunlight

hmm, yeah its definately safer that way.... and then if anything else comes out of it, its just a nice surprise right?

:grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

TRAV

sunlight

from a friend's blog... I really like this, and think its fitting...
QuoteYou won't have to change your pace

Quote taken from the book A Man Worth Waiting For by Jackie Kendall, on knowing how to recognize your prince when he arrives:

"The single life is like a big running track with all these freshly painted lanes. One day she will be running in her lane, relentlessly in pursuit of Jesus, looking ahead and not around, when all of a sudden she will hear this someone approaching.

If this some one is her Boaz, she will not have to stop running, she will not have to change her pace, and she won't have to look behind her, because before she knows it, he will be running alongside her. He will keep up with her, and they will continue the race at a complimentary pace. This will be her running partner for the journey ahead. They will encourage each other and not trip each other.

I have met too many women who are running a fabulous race when suddenly they are tripped up by Bozo guys shouting for them to slow down, take a break on the benches with them, and these women are sidetracked for years. Remember to be patient in anticipation of one coming up alongside you, who will also be panting in relentless pursuit of Jesus."

Read this a few days ago, and have been pondering it since.

To be frankly honest, I'm sick of fighting to keep my pace when it seems there are far too many guys trying to slow me down. I'm sick of the awful feeling that I know my Bible better than they do. I'm sick of people suggesting that I'm too picky.

Yes, life gets lonely. Horribly lonely. So lonely that sometimes I fear I'm losing my mind. But I know where I'm headed in this journey called life. And the thought of being married to someone who is aimlessly wandering and wasting time and is apathetic (at best) about his relationship with Jesus... well, it makes me sad and angry all at the same time.

If I'm to ever marry, it's got to be to someone I can respect. Someone whose stride is not slower than my own. Someone whose passion for Jesus draws in everyone around him. Someone who is prepared to be a spiritual leader.

I don't want to be looking behind me, pulling him along, trying in vain to discuss Scriptures with someone who can't.

Yes, this post has quite a different feel from my usual way of posting, but it's from my heart.

If I'm to ever marry, it's got to be to someone who does what is right, who loves mercy, who walks humbly with his God (Micah 6:8 ), someone who defends truth, humility, and justice (Psalm 45:4).

If you're out there, Darling, may God keep you. May He bless you beyond your wildest dreams, may He guard your heart and mind and body until He leads you to me, may He give you strength and courage to be all He has planned for you to be.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

me too! :grin:

it always has something cool! lol, and its often how i feel, just expressed in a much better way!

RainbowJingles

I agree.  :-)  Great blog!  :-)

*starts running the track*

MelodyB

I agree Chel, it is almost always word for word what I FEEL, but cant put into words. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sis

lojack

It could be anyone of those choices, so i didnt vote.  i've used all 4 of the choices, it just depended on the person and my motive.  Hmmmmm, i think someone might of asked sunshine bout one of her friends and has possibly entertained the idea of dating him.  And is now trying to figure out if she should tell her friend what he asked or to see if he really might like sunshine and thinks could get groovy!  And she is now trying to figure out how many kids she wants and their names.  Oh the action that happens here at Godplace!!!       ok, i'm prolly reading too deep into this topic lol  :pound:    I'll now disappear for another month or two.
Date me before i become famous :o  and for the people who say they can't see my avatar...   http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0092yi2.jpg

sunlight

Sis

lojack

Quote from: sunlight on May 21, 2008, 01:51:45 AM
where HAVE you been BTW?

why the dissapearing act?

LOL, i said i would be back in 1 or 2 months and it's almost 6 months later that i come back!   :pound:  Anything new around here?
Date me before i become famous :o  and for the people who say they can't see my avatar...   http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0092yi2.jpg

sunlight

yeah... i decided you cant count... :grin: glad you are alive and well!

RainbowJingles

*sigh*   :reaction:  WHY did you guys have to go and resurrect this disturbing thread!?!?!  :sadbounce:

*reads lojack's sig line*

Is it too late for a date?  lol  Or are you famous now?

lojack