:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

Best birthday ever!!!

Two bouquets of flowers! A new animal for my wall.
Loads of hugs and cards. Cake!!!

And more to come throughout the weekend!!!
Feeling happy and blessed!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Bah. Glad it is my Friday.  I have a ton of things to do. ..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Well happy birthday to whats her face.  :smirk2:

People just aggravate the poopady doo da out of me. 

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Well I got my schedule yesterday and I'll have to say I was quite upset. 16 hours. 16 measly hours. I told my supervisor that I simply could not deal with such a short check. I need money. I'm trying to save and I NEED hours! So I told her to CALL ME if ANY HOURS came up and I would work. ANYTHING. So she said that before I leave for the day she will try to work something out. She did. She asked me to work today, (originally off) from 7a to 3:30p. So I did, only my relief was LATE and I didn't clock out till after 4:15. Yay! Then today, she said I could come in tomorrow for the same shift! Yay!

Moral of the story, I've now ended up with more hours than I would have on a regular week. I'm gonna be TIRED. But I need the money saved. I'm off Saturday, then right back at it Sunday afternoon and Monday and Tuesday.

My family is going to Panama City next weekend and I wanted to go, so when she asked me to work today, I asked her if I could have next Saturday and Sunday off together so I could go with them. And she said that she would. We shall see.

In other news, tomorrow, Aaron and I are going to a concert.

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

Wait...

The Mckameys! Lol

Believe it or not, for an 18 year old boy, Aaron LOVES old songs from the book, southern gospel groups and he's not a contemporary or modern music fan. He is so excited about tomorrow night, and while that type of music isn't my favorite, it's something I grew up listening to, so I can enjoy it too.

That's my news.

I guess that is all. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Well...I am back. Went by the Ford place and got the unwelcome bit of news that, in addition to the cost of towing the Lincoln there, it will cost $105 just for them to test the car to determine what is wrong with it.....then it may be a few more hundred dollars to fix. This, and school tuition just around the corner. :pound: It will be my last Ford  product, I am relatively sure. I am half a step away from fixing it, and trading it, the Canyon, and the Corvette in for a healthy downpayment on a nearly new Camaro that one of my dealer friends has for sale. While it probably wouldn't raise our payment, it'd add another 4 years to them, and I really don't need that......besides, I really need a truck, but if I traded for a truck, I couldn't afford the gas to drive it 120 miles a day....:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

McKameys!  Love that group.  You'll find some in that music collection I sent.  Also McKeithens, McGruders, Holleys and Hoppers, they all have about the same general sound. :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I used to hate the McKameys. But now I find myself enjoying them....same with the McGruders. I don't know if my music tastes have changed a little, or if my mind associates them with Mama and happier times, but I really enjoy them now.

taco_harvell

Had a great camp meeting last week!

Had a physical miracle documented by 3 doctors. Because I listened to God and put my trust in him.

Still dealing with headaches, but GOD can handle those to.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on July 25, 2014, 01:33:20 AM
Well...I am back. Went by the Ford place and got the unwelcome bit of news that, in addition to the cost of towing the Lincoln there, it will cost $105 just for them to test the car to determine what is wrong with it.....then it may be a few more hundred dollars to fix. This, and school tuition just around the corner. :pound: It will be my last Ford  product, I am relatively sure. I am half a step away from fixing it, and trading it, the Canyon, and the Corvette in for a healthy downpayment on a nearly new Camaro that one of my dealer friends has for sale. While it probably wouldn't raise our payment, it'd add another 4 years to them, and I really don't need that......besides, I really need a truck, but if I traded for a truck, I couldn't afford the gas to drive it 120 miles a day....:sadbounce:
What about the newer motors that can run on 4,6, or 8 cylinders?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Taco, they don't get that great a mileage either. :sadbounce: And they are high dollar. I'll probably wind up scraping the cash together and getting the Lincoln running, then drive it until it dies again. As much as I would enjoy having a nice vehicle with no worries, fact is, the money to buy it just ain't there right now. God will have to supply..

Lynx

For some reason I'm reminded of the quote from your friend at work Bobby.  "If you just wait I'm sure someone will give you one."  :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 25, 2014, 04:42:10 PM
For some reason I'm reminded of the quote from your friend at work Bobby.  "If you just wait I'm sure someone will give you one."  :biglaugh:
I shall take that as a word of prophecy.  :hypocrite: Now I'm claiming it.  :P Mowed the church yard, then a friends yard whose mower is broken. I have spent the evening cleaning out my ham radio room and polishing a set of "lake pipes" that go on a '50's kustom leadsled. I've a guy wanting to buy the pipes and I'm not going to use them anytime soon. Now I am waiting patiently for my chance to talk with a ham radio friend in the country of Qatar... :biglaugh:

BroTrey

Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Chseeads

Went to fellowship meeting at Hope.  Haven't been to church anywhere but home church for a long time. 

Lynx

Congrats bro. Trey!

Although... you and your wife look so much alike, how will you be able to tell which one the baby favors?  :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 26, 2014, 04:41:58 PM
Congrats to Trey & Roxie :)
:stupid: Although I know you not.... :biglaugh:

And in sharing- 'twas a good day. Drove to Conway and met with my friend who wanted the lake pipes, then drove a few miles up the road and helped an elderly ham friend by climbing into his 140 degree attic and running coax cable for him. Then I enjoyed a pleasant backroads cruise home in Rusty, stopping to buy supplies for Chey's birthday party, as well as her gift. That took the money I earned from parting with the lake pipes, and then some. :sadbounce: Oh well. I'm used to being broke....

Newsman

Isaac, how far are you from Scotts Hill TN?

Bobby .... hmmmm