News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Hello... Hello... Nice to cya!!!

I have injections between all the 1&2, 3&4, and 4&5 lumbar today. Please pray it helps my back! Also, pray for my dad!

I have so much I could share right now but so little time. Since August 1st it's felt like one endless long day! Pray for RJ as well she has been overworked a lot recently!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

:hi: Morning. Dragging as usual. Thankful for a God of Mercy.  Just a random thought. Sometimes when I look at myself all I see is the bad that I've done in my life...but then God comes in and lets me know that He loves me despite my failings and I CAN go on.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. Didn't sleep well and still so tired. Sinus/allergy are partying it up. Time for meds tonight to dampen their party.

The Purple Fuzzy

Hurricane shifted east a bit so all we got for now is much needed rain. Thankful.

Roscoe

I think we are still on the fringes. Still saying we could get 60 mph winds, ect.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 27, 2020, 03:03:51 AMOuch.
 I don't worry about teeth. Well, not much. My top teeth are fake. My only concern is if I get too worked up preaching, I'll bite the saints on the first pew. :lol:

And we are sitting here after church, eating take out. Lou laid her wrapped chicken sandwich on the table and went to get something out of the freezer of the carport. Two of our three fur babies took the sandwich and split it.  It was painful and slightly humorous watching her squeal and swat them with the wrapper. I hate she didn't get her sandwich, but her swatting them and them ducking and growling at her was funny. I had to struggle to keep from laughing so I can sleep in my bed tonight.
They GROWLED at her?

Uh... >.>
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In local news: I was just minding my own business, looking at a pair of black dress pants at a thrift store, and a table full of CDs suddenly held me hostage until right up until the thrift store closed.

At ten CDs for a dollar, I got sixty. :D If I only like one single album, I still come out way ahead.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@Work until noon. Family funeral today at the cemetery, so I'm leaving early to pick up my husband at the house to go. I unfortunately didn't know this uncle of his very well, but he was apparently quite the witty one. He was in Vietnam, he was the chief of police, and also over the cemetery he's being laid to rest in. Sounds like I missed out on a neat person.

Roscoe

:urgh: And yes , Lynx, if you were being swatted with a tinfoil sandwich wrapper, you'd growl too. LOL. It was more of a grumbling.
Hurricane came through. A bit of wind and rain, but nothing major. Didn't look to be much if any damage, with none at our place.
 Last evening the boss very nearly talked me into taking a "mental health day" today. Stated that I rarely take off, I get everything he gives me to do done, and that here would be no problem with a mental health day. But, I've some things to get done, so I came in. I reserved the right to suddenly get ill and bail early though...

sunlight

Roscoe- Robbie wants to know what you think about a multiport fuel injection system including the intake for your corvette?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on August 29, 2020, 03:45:06 AMRoscoe- Robbie wants to know what you think about a multiport fuel injection system including the intake for your corvette?
Sounds like a dream. But it also sounds like something I 1)can't afford and 2) don't have the skills to engineer the required computer components to make it work.....

Lynx

I thought computer components on a Corvette was tantamount to black heresy... maybe my friends who like Corvettes are too old.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 29, 2020, 05:49:06 PMI thought computer components on a Corvette was tantamount to black heresy... maybe my friends who like Corvettes are too old.
Actually Corvette had fuel injection in 1957. It was a kinda rare option and a '57 Fuelie Corvette is a prize... as in $100k car. For the most part, Chevrolet kept the 'vette with a carburetor until 1982. Alot of Corvette guys are the type that buy date coded parts and will get in a fight over the wrong bolts used on a restoration. I, however, deal with the Corvettes that are not super valuable and never will be, and I DRIVE my stuff. Everywhere. Where many "Vette guys" transport their babies in enclosed trailers and wipe them down with a diaper every day, I hit the road. Thus, a Resto-mod, as they call a restoration with modern parts, suits me fine. I am seriously contemplating a 5.3/4l60e out of a newer Silverado, like what we put in Bro Papa's '52 Ford, for my vette.  But that's down the road a bit. Sam will soon be home and I will start on his body work. My vette will wait. It may get played with occasionally and used as a guinea pig for work I will be doing on Chey's but nothing much more than that. I am MUCH more motivated to see Sam shiny and cruising. I traded for the vette on a whim, knowing it would not get alot done for a long while.

Lynx

Ah, I get ya. I never did figure out why they care so much about a car if they never drive it.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow it's hot. A gal from Shreveport said they just got power back today. That's only about 70 miles from here. It surely helped us that the hurricane turned slightly east. :shine:

Roscoe

Warm here too. And I honestly haven't felt the best this week. Made myself go to church tonight, preached after going to the pulpit with nearly nothing. God came through again. After altar call, Bro Wilson stepped up to speak. About three sentences in, I realized it wasn't his normal closing. He did what we have talked about and turned the church over to me. Even though we had discussed it and knew it was coming at some point, it caught me flatfooted.
 He plans a formal installation service the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The church got silent, and I thought, "Lord, they are all leaving". The one by one they asked to speak. They began addressing me, stating they had felt it was coming and right. Several spoke of having talked about it and agreeing this should happen. A few of the 40 or so there that didn't speak publicly came up to me afterwards to advise me of their support. As far as I know, it was 100% support. Humbles me, and it made me cry.
I worry about letting them down, I love each of them so much.. Being Pastor is sure not what I expected out of life. God, never let me take it for granted or hurt Your church. So many challenges. So much potential. So much love.

Lynx

However it comes out, you're doing your best and you're on the right side - you're on the building crew, not the wrecking crew. It'll come out right.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Ever wake up and can't remember what day it is?

Hmm... I need a w*rk uniform six days out of seven, so that's a pretty safe bet for attire. If I'm wrong it's easy enough to swap shirts, because the uniform pants will go with a dress shirt.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on August 31, 2020, 01:52:37 AMWarm here too. And I honestly haven't felt the best this week. Made myself go to church tonight, preached after going to the pulpit with nearly nothing. God came through again. After altar call, Bro Wilson stepped up to speak. About three sentences in, I realized it wasn't his normal closing. He did what we have talked about and turned the church over to me. Even though we had discussed it and knew it was coming at some point, it caught me flatfooted.
 He plans a formal installation service the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The church got silent, and I thought, "Lord, they are all leaving". The one by one they asked to speak. They began addressing me, stating they had felt it was coming and right. Several spoke of having talked about it and agreeing this should happen. A few of the 40 or so there that didn't speak publicly came up to me afterwards to advise me of their support. As far as I know, it was 100% support. Humbles me, and it made me cry.
I worry about letting them down, I love each of them so much.. Being Pastor is sure not what I expected out of life. God, never let me take it for granted or hurt Your church. So many challenges. So much potential. So much love.

If you're a human, you're there for them as much as you can be, and make them FEEL that you truly care.. you won't let them down as easily as you think.

Nelle

@Work. Husband's car is in the shop today so it will be a loooong day for me as well. I've already been here at work for over half an hour. Lol..

Roscoe

Well. I started my day doing a Critical report. Apparently a probationer felt it would be a good idea to send videos of him doing unspeakable acts to himself to a minor. Sheesh.
And I've completed another ream or two of paperwork on other folks. Better than digging ditches, I guess. LOL
I have so much that needs done, and I just want to go home and go to sleep.

Lynx

O.o

Sometimes Bobby you make me so glad I work at a McDonalds.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Sounds like it was a good day Roscoe.... I'm not much into church these days. :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

As long as you're still into God you'll be ok.

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 31, 2020, 06:41:31 PMSounds like it was a good day Roscoe.... I'm not much into church these days. :smirk2:
I hate to hear that,Jenn. But you know where to find Him and He will lead you if you let Him. As far as it being a good day- I guess it was. Anytime you know you are in the will of God is a good day.