News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on April 07, 2020, 05:42:25 PM@Work.

I'm surprised that if there has been exposure - that they're not just asking you to quarantine at home. Too many people haven't had symptoms for that to be safe, in my opinion. We are closer here to having to stay home from our essential workplace, but not yet! Our electricians are getting more nervous every day, and the unemployment stimulus is really almost too good for most people to pass up.

Feeling sleepy.. Probably the peanut butter cookies after lunch, haha.

Our agency is only quarantining if you have direct exposure. If my coworker's test returns positive, at that point we will probably be quarantined.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi: Good Morning. Got results back on coworker- she does not have it. So that's a relief. Back at work, hopefully for the last day of the week. That's one thing I must admit to liking about all this- I could get use to working three days a week and getting paid for five.
I am considering going to a drive through in a bit and dragging in some breakfast. I'm a tad hungry.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 08, 2020, 01:11:57 PMI am considering going to a drive through in a bit and dragging in some breakfast. I'm a tad hungry.

This, from the guy who smokes pork tenderloins... How the mighty have fallen. 

I would expect you to get some sausage from a local butcher shop and put it on your wife's homemade buttermilk biscuits. 

Ah well. Another gastronomic hero down.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Even good cooks get tired of cooking.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I love it. But occasionally, there simply isn't enough time to do so... FWIW, I waited until lunch to hit the drive through.  And I have not a local butcher store since mine burned down a couple of years ago. Thus the reason I now buy bulk beef....

Nelle

Roscoe

Man. Y'all do know we aren't quarantined from gathering here, right? Ain't no one posting.. :pound:
I've laid around today. Back is hurting, it does this flare up from time to time. It's been raining off and on and is supposed to be bad weather tomorrow. I guess I'll go to the church tomorrow and upload something- it just doesn't seem like Easter.
I know it may be a while before we get back to normal, but I am SO ready for it.

Lynx

I have nothing to post. Going to w*rk, coming home, church livestream on Sunday morning and Wednesday night...

The high point of my week was Thursday. I made a cherry cobbler with five cups flour, five cups sugar, five cups milk, four sticks butter and a LOT of dark cherries and vanilla.

That wasn't the high point. The high point was I had to run to the store for butter, and while there I made a detour by the ice cream to see what they had. I found a tub of Blue Bell peaches and homemade vanilla. Haven't had that in years, so I bought it.

Yeah, that was the high point of my whole week. On the other hand the lowest point of my whole week wasn't very low either. In fact I can't think of any low point that was low enough to be noticed as such.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I was woken up this morning by multiple alerts. First severe thunderstorm then 2 different tornado warnings then a flood warning. It was pretty intense around here for a while. Now the sun is shining. :shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

We had another wave come through in the afternoon with crazy strong winds. We have limbs all over the yard.

MsJennJenn

Was crazy windy here last night too. The "cold" blowing in. Dumb weather. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

It's getting a bit chilly here as well. Doggone April done gone as bipolar as its annually diametric opposite October.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@work. Eating strawberries for a snack.

Going to make mini cheddar meatloaf for supper tonight. Can't wait.

If I have time and energy afterwards, I might also make the breakfast casserole for us to eat on as well.

My dad found out last night that I was going to be making a meatloaf and about fainted. I've not always been a big fan of meatloaf night, hahaha. BUT the miniature cheddar ones are better than the originals. I always ate my dad's meatloaf anyway... I just don't understand why people order it out at a restaurant. I can't bring myself to trust restaurants with that, hahaha.

Roscoe

:hi: We had a heckuva storm come through Sunday night. Petit Jean State Park lost over 200 trees, and the south side of our little town got hammered. Our office was missed by two trees that fell by less than a foot. And these trees were massive- probably 50 -80 years old. It destroyed the power line though and they say it may be tomorrow or even Friday before we have power.
 As a result, on my "work" days, I gotta drive to Conway. Today, working from home, I found a new recipe for smoked pot roast style chuck roast. So my smoker's been going for a bit with a 3 lb or so fresh chuck roast, and it's cooking low and slow. And I've got homemade bread in the oven. This staying at home has to end or I'm gonna be 400lbs with my recipe experimenting........

And I LOVE meatloaf if it is done right. One of my favorites is, of course, a smoked meatloaf. I substitute the ketchup most people put in it for Sweet Baby Ray's  BBQ sauce, and wrap it in bacon while smoking. Sadly, Lou and Chey don't like meatloaf at all, so I don't make it very often. But there is nothing like a left over meatloaf sandwich.. :fork:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 14, 2020, 07:59:47 PMSadly, Lou and Chey don't like meatloaf at all, so I don't make it very often. But there is nothing like a left over meatloaf sandwich.. :fork:
Sadly? How is that a bad thing? More for you dude!

This is precisely why I need to find a lady who prefers milk chocolate. I would never have to worry about her getting into my stash.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Hubby doesn't have to worry about me getting into his stash of dark chocolate, that's for sure. I don't like that bitter stuff.

Roscoe

The chuck roast was great. And Lou leaves my dark chocolate alone for sure. But it would take me a week to eat the entire meatloaf by myself, and I'd be burned out on it.

Nelle

Roscoe, you should make the mini meatloaves. You can freeze the ones you aren't going to eat in the week. They're SO good. :) May not be what you like if you prefer the classic meatloaf taste, but you could probably just do small versions of what you like.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15715/mini-meatloaves/

That's the recipe I made. They are SO delicious. We baked for 50 minutes instead of 45, btw. :) I also used Dijon Mustard instead of regular because that's what I had.

@work. Eating the breakfast casserole I made last night.. and brought the meatloaf for lunch. YUM! I can't wait. lol

Lynx

Yes, dijon should always be substituted for "regular" mustard in anything. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: I will have to try them.
Still without power at work. I came to Conway. Will be bailing soon. LOL

Lynx

Oh come on Bobby! Laptops, tablets and smartphones all have batteries, and can be run off an external battery pack... and any smartphone can hotspot (if the service provider allows it.) Your w*rkplace could have brought in some battery packs and USB cables to act as charging stations, turned some hotspots on for internet connection and kept going.

Just be sure to sit by the window. It gets dark further into the building.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Well...I'm at work.

Nelle, thank you for the meatloaf idea.  I love meatloaf.  Fried chicken is my #1 favorite food, Meatloaf is #1.1 or closer if possible.

I made this the other night:  https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/218794/chicken-and-gnocchi-soup/

Chelleebelle really likes it from Olive Garden.  This was pretty easy to make, and after doubling the recipe we ate it for 2 meals.  The second day was better than the first. The soup had thickened just a bit.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

The only sad thing about the meatloaf.. is that it's already almost gone. Next time I'm doubling the recipe.

That soup looks yum. My favorite is minestrone, but I think my husband really likes that one too. We might have to try it. Soups and chili always seem to be better day #2.

@work.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on April 16, 2020, 01:10:14 PMChelleebelle really likes it from Olive Garden.  This was pretty easy to make, and after doubling the recipe we ate it for 2 meals.  The second day was better than the first. The soup had thickened just a bit.

I've made a replica of Olive Gardens zupanna tuscana soup. OMW. SO GOOD.
Was messy though. Had to brown the spicy Italian sausage first. I made it all in my instapot though. Still took forever haha.
-Alexander Den Heijer-