News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I noticed that. That was a massive storm system...
Back at work. Looks like My work days are Monday and Wednesdays. Rest of the time, I'll be working from home, which should be interesting.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Just made a grocery run. That was interesting.

The Purple Fuzzy

A friend was giving away some guinies. They are funny looking.

Roscoe

Guianas. They be stupid birds. But they will eat up ticks like no one's business. I did a half day work from home....took Chey to her school, which, being small with about 12 kids, has set up a system where one kid is in the gym, one in the classroom, one in the lunch room, and one in the office, each with a teacher, two days a week to score and get the assignment for the next two days. I decided that since our power was out, I might as well go by work, so I spent a couple hours there before returning home to work from home. Answered some emails, did some office visits by phone, and went out and worked a bit on the Corvette and on Sam's fender. The fender is almost ready to prime, as are the front fenders and hood of the Corvette. I'm hoping it'll be 70 and sunny this weekend and I can get that part primed, but I'm not really expecting that.
 I hate the whole virus thing, but I AM getting some stuff done at home that has needed it..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Power is out?

Bobby you seem like the kind of guy who would have a standby generator that kicks in and powers essential circuits every time the power goes out. (Essential - fridge, freezer, air conditioner, phone charger...)

What's going on over there? Storm knock power out? Also when do they expect to have it back on, or have they given an estimate?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 01, 2020, 09:52:15 AMPower is out?

Bobby you seem like the kind of guy who would have a standby generator that kicks in and powers essential circuits every time the power goes out. (Essential - fridge, freezer, air conditioner, phone charger...)

What's going on over there? Storm knock power out? Also when do they expect to have it back on, or have they given an estimate?

Yeah, storm came through and knocked over a tree on a power line apparently. They had it back up by noon. The big onsite generators are too expensive for me to make one worth getting. In a bad situation I DO have the generator that I use for camping- It'll power the two freezers, so we would be alright.
Getting through the week. Just got word that a close friend who is a member of our court system has been confirmed to have Corona. It's been several weeks since I saw him though, thank God. I'm praying for him- it worries me because he is older and has had heart issues in the not real distant past, and another member of the local court system who works closely with him just overcame cancer and has just one lung due to the cancer..
This stuff could really hit our area hard, and people are STUPID. Petit Jean was so packed this last weekend that you could not keep 6 feet distance from people if you tried and from the videos I saw, no one cared.
Man, I am going to work and to home- that's it. Thank God Lou's job is not dealing with the public, and I am praying protection on her as well.

Lynx

Yeah I saw some people doing the house party thing around here. Uh... that's the OPPOSITE of what we're going for here. Places are closed to PREVENT crowds, not allow you to be off w*rk so you would be free to make them.

Makes me want to dump a load of pollen in their central air to make them all sneeze a lot, then tell them they all got the virus.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It is here too. I'm enjoying "working from home" today..

Roscoe

Ok. When the virus confined us to our homes- I didn't holler much. When it turned me into a televangelist, I stepped up. When it jacked with my job hours, I rolled with the punch. When it cancelled my vacation, I made lemonade with the lemons. But now, it has crossed a line. They have just cancelled my Petit Jean June Swap Meet for the first time in 62 years.:mad: :mad:

Lynx

Ooooh... gonna take a lot of sugar to make lemonade out of that.  Sorry to hear that.

But at least you and yours are not sick. That's not sweet enough to make lemonade out of a canceled swap meet, but it's a start at least.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Yeah. If we can all stay healthy, I won't be too upset about the swap meet, no matter how much I love and enjoy it. That's the main thing to be sure..

mini

Now I will have to make up an excuse to come and torment you.  Not that I need much of one.

Morning all.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

@work. So sleepy.

Day 2 of Carpool. Husband's work car is in the shop again on Day #2, but hopefully will be finished today. Not the hugest deal if not, because I won't go anywhere this weekend anyway and he can drive my car to work tomorrow. BUT it would be nice for Monday to not have to carpool again. lol..

Roscoe

:hi: Working from home- :lol: I can't even say that with a straight face. I've done my timesheet, answered 3 emails and one phone call. Now I'm looking for recipes on smoking meat forums, because I wanna cook tonight.
Sadly, it is raining again.

I told my uncle that since the swap meet is cancelled, when the virus is finished, we need to take a week and go back out on Route 66.. That may be what we do, maybe in August or September.

Lynx

Some people get all the luck. I can't even legitimately stay home. Our w*rkplace is an essential business.

Really? Essential? People have become so incompetent in the kitchen that they can't open a can of beans and warm it in the microwave? Operating a can opener is above the average southwest Tennessean's culinary ability?

You can get almost anything in a can - fruit, beef stew, chicken and dumplings, tamales - and a microwave doesn't take a college degree to run. And a fast food factory is still deemed an essential business?

Oh well, at least I'm still getting a paycheck.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Seems like almost everyone quit coming around here. :pound: I made a brisket Saturday- first one I've ever smoked, and lord was it labor intensive as far as smoking meat goes. It was good but I don't know it was worth the work.
Went to bed around midnight, woke up praying in tongues at 2 this morning with a message on my heart. Got it on paper/ipad and can't go back to sleep.. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Nothing much to say...
Except God is a wonderful provider.

Nelle

@Work.

Long weekend. Headaches every single weekend. Thankfully it went away on Sunday eventually. Had to go to the church to do the deposit and then shopped at Kroger for our elder neighbor lady from church. I did NOT want her to go out not just because she's older, but because she gets confused and I'm afraid someone would say something to her and it'd be a huge ordeal. She's a sweetheart and people misunderstand sometimes.

MsJennJenn

Seeing as I'm one who's partaken in many, many "essential" drive-thrus since the stay-at-homes have been issued, I'm grateful they are Lynx. So thank you nonetheless.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work for the first of three days...One of my coworkers, just tested for Covid and is awaiting the results. She has symptoms and has been in court with our prosecutor who has it. They are making us check our temps daily- any fever and you are out.
I will be so thankful when this is over. Stress, stress and more stress. Would appreciate prayer for a family matter too.
But in the middle of the storm, God reminds me of His blessing. I just found out I got my career service bonus for ten years with the state. Around 500 bones after taxes..

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on April 05, 2020, 10:01:57 AM:hi: Seems like almost everyone quit coming around here. :pound: I made a brisket Saturday- first one I've ever smoked, and lord was it labor intensive as far as smoking meat goes. It was good but I don't know it was worth the work.
Went to bed around midnight, woke up praying in tongues at 2 this morning with a message on my heart. Got it on paper/ipad and can't go back to sleep.. :pound:

What was the message?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

@Work.

I'm surprised that if there has been exposure - that they're not just asking you to quarantine at home. Too many people haven't had symptoms for that to be safe, in my opinion. We are closer here to having to stay home from our essential workplace, but not yet! Our electricians are getting more nervous every day, and the unemployment stimulus is really almost too good for most people to pass up.

Feeling sleepy.. Probably the peanut butter cookies after lunch, haha.

MsJennJenn

Yea if anyone comes in contact with it here they're allowed to quarantine for 14 days.
I've had 3 pharmacists so far with it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: