News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Ask Psalm_97

Started by Tricia Lea, February 18, 2011, 11:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

How was your weekend?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Hectic - I was running flat-out most of today.

Lazy - I was idling most of yesterday.

Musical - I was tinkering with a new soundtrack project yesterday and I set up, ran and took down a whole sound system for Children's Church tonight.  I mean a *whole* sound system, mixer, amps, mics, piano, speakers - not just a karaoke set. 

Technical - I think I've plugged in, unplugged, wrapped up, unwrapped, shipped and otherwise handled more cords today alone than I want to think about.

Hard - bus kids can be lacking in manners and bull-headed, especially when it's time to leave and they don't want to go.

Amazing - It still gets me when kids pray earnestly.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

And yeah, "short bus" is about the size of it.  Drama, drama, drama tonight all the way home.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

How do you keep up with what songs you have since you have so many?  Do you have some sort of library to categorize them?

Lynx

No, I just know them.  I can't say I know every word in every song, but I know all the verses in most of them.  If you ask me if I have a song I will know whether I do or do not, or whether I have heard the song but don't have it in my collection. 

It comes in very handy when the puppet team/choir/drama team/whatever is doing a theme and needs a song on a certain topic.  My brain seems to be index-linked to my music collection, I can rattle off a few songs that fit the subject.  And then I can pop up to the sound booth and play them (I love technology.) :D
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Isaac, do you have any kids songs in digital form?  We used to have some on tape that taught them the books of the Bible and different things and I want Talia to hear them.  Can you believe she'll already be 4 on Monday?

Lynx

Only a few dozen dozen.  Anything in particular you're thinking about?
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

She wants all of them... let me answer that one for you... :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

On day one God made the light
Yes He did, yes He did
Spoke the word and made it bright
Yes He did
The world was dark and it needed light
He called it day and the darkness night
On day one God made the light
Yes He did

On day two God made the sky
Yes it's true, yes it's true
Put it in the heavens high
Yes it's true....
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Do you have a song that goes something like:

It's gonna be alright, it's gonna be alright
Everythings gonna be a little clearer in the morning light
It's gonna be alright, it's gonna be alright
With Jesus in control I know it's gonna be alright

It was sung by the Cahills when I heard it before.  I had the tape and can't find it.

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 02, 2011, 01:12:43 PM
Isaac, do you have any kids songs in digital form?  We used to have some on tape that taught them the books of the Bible and different things and I want Talia to hear

Sounds like the Wee Sing series I grew up on & also got then for my kids when they were little. I might still have the song book... I got them @ Walmart.

Lynx

Fuzzy:  Nope, never heard of that one.  I have a few songs that say "It will be alright" though - Janet Paschal, Gateway College Choir, Timothy Spell, etc. 

Gateway:
"It will be alright
It will be alright
When I make it to that city
It will be alright"

Timothy Spell:
"I know that He's working it out
He's working it out for me
I know that He's working it out
Though my eyes can't see"

Janet Paschal:
"Every little thing's gonna be alright
Just as sure as morning banishes night
Remember there's always a purpose and plan
Sometimes it's greater than we understand
God is sovereign, the future's bright
Everything is gonna be alright"
"Do you sing at church?"