News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Married Men: Are You Drunk?

Started by mini, April 06, 2009, 01:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

That title got your attention didn't it?  I have been reading the ESV (English Standard Version) for about 6 months now, and yesterday this passage got my attention:

Proverbs 5 (ESV)

15 Drink water from your own cistern,
   flowing water from your own well.
16 Should your springs be scattered abroad,
   streams of water in the streets?
17 Let them be for yourself alone,
   and not for strangers with you.
18 Let your fountain be blessed,
   and rejoice in the wife of your youth,

19 a lovely deer, a graceful doe.
Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight;
  be intoxicated always in her love.

I hope to always drink from my wife's love!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

World Traveler

This is really applicable if your wife's name is Sherry. :-)

Which, of course, leads to a joke...

Three couples were approaching the pearly gates when St. Peter stops them.
He speaks to the first couple and tells the man he can't come in. When the man asks why, Peter tells him that the man loved money too much. In fact he loved money so much that he married a woman named Penny.
He then speaks to the second couple and tells the man he can't come in. When the man asks why, Peter tells him that he loved alcohol too much. He loved it so much that he married a woman named Sherry.
As St. Peter approaches the third couple the man and woman just turn around and walk away as the man says to his wife, "C'mon, I am not listening to this. Let's just walk away Fanny."
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Robert Williams

rofl@WT's joke.  The "Fanny" comment makes me laugh every time.

It seems like every time my wife and I read that chapter, she gets to be the one who reads that verse.  In the KJV it says to be "ravished" by her love.  Whew, ain't God good?  :P

RW