News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on June 01, 2016, 01:22:21 PMHey! I take exception to the Great Value comment. We happen to buy alot of that brand, and to me, it's as good or better than the name brand. In regards to the phone- yeah, "Posh Mobile" makes me think you need a pink feather boa and a lap dog while vacationing in Beverly Hills. :laughhard:

I agree. You know store brands just pay the name brand to put their label on it right? :roll:

The only thing you never buy in store brand is macaroni and cheese. :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 01, 2016, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 01, 2016, 01:22:21 PMHey! I take exception to the Great Value comment. We happen to buy alot of that brand, and to me, it's as good or better than the name brand. In regards to the phone- yeah, "Posh Mobile" makes me think you need a pink feather boa and a lap dog while vacationing in Beverly Hills. :laughhard:

I agree. You know store brands just pay the name brand to put their label on it right? :roll:

:nono:
Miracle Whip. I absolutely cannot stomach store brand salad dressing/sandwich spread. There's a few things I draw the line at. And bread- if it's not homemade, I want it to be Sarah Lee  (low calorie) or Sunshine brand. Store brands seem to go stale quicker. Other wise I'm all about store brand.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Both of those things cost $3+ or more for name brands. Another reason I go to Aldi. Cus I can get a loaf of 45-calorie bread for 1.49 and miracle whip for 1.59. lol

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Ugh it hasn't stopped raining it feels like since I came home from the Bahamas. I think it's our penance for not having a real winter this last year.

Been looking at Masters programs at my current school. Pretty sure (pending funding) I'm gonna go for it. It'll only really take one more year. Might as well do it while I'm motivated. Plus it'll help me in the long run career wise. It will go along on the business end of my undergrad studies.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 01, 2016, 02:42:03 PMI agree. You know store brands just pay the name brand to put their label on it right? :roll:

Hmm... depends on the product. GV peanut butter is just relabeled Jif. But GV canned veggies have a definite and distinct qualitative difference.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Ranch Dressing has to be Hidden Valley.  The other stuff tastes sour to me.

Ketchup we use mostly what's on sell...except Hinez.  Won't touch the stuff.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I will usually use most great value products. Except I use Hellmans mayo. NOTHING else. I'm very very picky and firm on that.

I use Hunts ketchup and Frenchs mustard, but I dont have to, it's just usually cheap enough that I can buy the brand names.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

* Lynx looks over the edge of his perch and pokes Ruby on the shoulder.

You told me to remind you to check on the packing space in that flat rate box.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I am so aggravated with our Post Office!

Ruby sent me a jar of sauce last week...on Friday it went out...supposed to be two day mail. We were hoping it would be Saturday, but with the holiday, I allowed for Tuesday and didn't think much of it. Tuesday it wasn't there. Yesterday it wasn't there.

Now, normally when I get packages they will put a key to a bigger box in my small box. Or they leave a yellow pick up slip and you go to the desk and retrieve your packages. I have done this countless times with orders from Amazon and whatever... So I fully expected to find a key or a slip in my mailbox.

WRONG.

I got off work and went by to check and there, WEDGED inside my very small, regular sized PO box, was a bubble mailer. I tried pulling it out, nothing. I twisted and yanked and pulled and it was TIGHT in there. I could feel the jar of sauce inside the package and that thing was NOT moving. I pushed on it a bit and it moved, so I knew it had to come out the same way it came in, from the mail room side. UGH. So I locked the box back up and went and got IN LINE.

Really? A long line and ONE worker there today. Nice. So I finally get to her an I told her that I have a package wedged in my box and I can't get it out. So she goes back there...

TEN MINUTES LATER...I kid you not...the line is getting horrendously long and people are not liking me very well at this point...she returns with the battered package and says "I don't know how they even got that in there! They should have given you a key or a pickup notice or something! It was hard to get out!"

WELL DUH!

I got to the truck and opened it and THANKFULLY, everything was ok. The sauce was not broken or anything. I REALLY would have been livid if they busted my sauce!

What's the deal? SMH.

Roscoe

I've totally got to order a jar of sauce. I'm scared I'll get hooked on it, and while the salsa price is fine, the shipping together makes it unfeasible for me to eat like I would like- a jar a week. :lol:
Had a long day today. My job is heavily populated by stupid people. Not the coworkers, just the clients. If you ever want to know where the largest concentration of idiots is in a county, find the local parole/probation office. There you are...
Got one clown that I have bent over backwards to help, moving appointments and everything else trying to make it easy for this slug to do right. He no showed today. His girlfriend came in, but he didn't. I sent word that he better be in my office at 8:30 Monday or I'm getting a warrant and sending his butt back to prison.  If I were a betting person, I'd lay money that the scheduled appointment will come and go without him.  Job security I guess, but it makes me have tons more to do. :pound:

And I was just notified by my wife that 3 kids are coming home with her and Chey. So much for my peaceful evening. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

Isaac, was JUST remembering that. No joke. I'll check as soon as I can get the Ringo Circus in bed.

Roscoe, getting you addicted is the whole idea. :D Because then you'll be motivated to help us get it into a store near you. :D

I can get it into Safeway as soon as we're licensed and I can submit the proper paperwork. Already talked with a head guy here and he says they'll put it on the shelf just as fast as I can jump through the hoops. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

Yep. I can fit 6 jars in a large flat rate. When you know what combo you want of medium/mild, let me know. And I'm not worried about waiting until your check clears to ship them, 'cause I know you're good for it. :)

SippinTea

Triple post! :updown: Mel, Chris was just shaking his head when I relayed your tale. He says when he becomes postmaster, he'll come and take care of your problems. ;)

Roscoe

But how would it look for an officer like myself to be addicted?!?

SippinTea

Well. Look at it this way. Being addicted to salsa would mean you were unique and breaking the mold, because you wouldn't be addicted to doughnuts!  :biglaugh:

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on June 03, 2016, 03:15:34 AMWell. Look at it this way. Being addicted to salsa would mean you were unique and breaking the mold, because you wouldn't be addicted to doughnuts!  :biglaugh:

:pound: I haven't ate a donut in MONTHS. :pound:
In fact I just finished my healthy morning meal replacement shake/smoothie. I'm rather pleased with this. They are cheap and easy to make, and very filling. And I'm seeing results. I'd creeped back up to 226 with the occasional 227 lb reading- not good. This week every morning I've  made and drank one of the shakes for breakfast, and a couple of days I've made one for lunch as well. This morning- back at 222.5.
They are only a couple hundred calories and reallly make you feel full, for a long while. I drink mine around 7 am, and typically don't feel the least bit hungry until 2 pm or later.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on June 03, 2016, 12:44:21 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on June 03, 2016, 03:15:34 AMWell. Look at it this way. Being addicted to salsa would mean you were unique and breaking the mold, because you wouldn't be addicted to doughnuts!  :biglaugh:

In fact I just finished my healthy morning meal replacement shake/smoothie. I'm rather pleased with this. They are cheap and easy to make, and very filling. And I'm seeing results. I'd creeped back up to 226 with the occasional 227 lb reading- not good. This week every morning I've  made and drank one of the shakes for breakfast, and a couple of days I've made one for lunch as well. This morning- back at 222.5.
They are only a couple hundred calories and reallly make you feel full, for a long while. I drink mine around 7 am, and typically don't feel the least bit hungry until 2 pm or later.

A jar of salsa and chips though unfortunately would send you back over. lol There are no chips low in calories or fat or carbs. I've looked.
Cus they're my weakness.  :nono: :sadbounce:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I got sent home from work for having the same cough I've had all week.  :roll:  I already hate this job but I just have to make it to August 1st.

We went to my MIL's and picked up a dog. We want to get Whiskey aclimated to the pack here at the house without her homie being her backup. Once she's adjusted we'll go get Brandon's dog Bella.

Also I had a tooth break yesterday. Its been a rough week.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roxie

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Couple of things...

Roscoe, you can order several jars at once and Ruby will send them in a flat rate box and the shipping would then be cheaper per jar.

But no matter, once you taste this stuff, you won't care what it costs, you will have to have it.

Jenn, my cousin was on a diet and she found that plain pork rinds are fat and carb free and go great with salsa as a chip alternative. Just FYI.

I finished my first week of work...and besides being called "sir" a few times and getting REALLY REALLY upset today over a lady in my window who had her BABY in the FRONT seat in a carrier which was NOT buckled into the car and the baby wasn't even buckled in the carrier. She also had the baby facing her. Meaning the carrier was sideways in the seat. I hope to God she was pulled over and caught! I prayed they didn't get into an accident before then.

Idiot!

I couldn't call the police cause my window was backed up and we had already pulled forward two cars waiting on special orders. But I got MAD.

But otherwise, I love this new job. It's fun, and fairly easy. I've made new friends and I'm happy to be out in the world working a job again.

Headed to the beach in a few cause we have our Connect Group outing tonight.

MelodyB

Oh! And my hours are 5am-2pm, and I have EVERY weekend off! God is GOOD!

Heather

Also in response to the brand vs generic debate. Generic except mayo and peanut butter. No compromise. Duke's and JIF. Choosy mom's choose JIF and therefore their children don't get gross things (like the giant recall of 2007 of every peanut butter but JIF).
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on June 03, 2016, 12:44:21 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on June 03, 2016, 03:15:34 AMWell. Look at it this way. Being addicted to salsa would mean you were unique and breaking the mold, because you wouldn't be addicted to doughnuts!  :biglaugh:

In fact I just finished my healthy morning meal replacement shake/smoothie. I'm rather pleased with this. They are cheap and easy to make, and very filling. And I'm seeing results. I'd creeped back up to 226 with the occasional 227 lb reading- not good. This week every morning I've  made and drank one of the shakes for breakfast, and a couple of days I've made one for lunch as well. This morning- back at 222.5.

What's in it?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!