News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Oh Jenn. That's awful. I can't even imagine. And yes, Chel, I thought of Thomas too.

Have a hunch Meller and I would get along fabulously. :P

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Hello termites.  I like that.  Dragging a bit today. Ready to go home. It IS nice to see the Golden Oldies sneaking back in. Now if someone will just lock the gate while they are here...:smirk:
And most herb users do get along.. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

...and yet. The Donut Eater among us seems to like us. What does that say about HIM?!?  :D

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on January 19, 2016, 08:02:16 PM...and yet. The Donut Eater among us seems to like us. What does that say about HIM?!?  :D

Hey, donuts are a favorite of the Munchies community.. :P
And candidly- alcohol makes folks wanna fight, and drive impaired and do stupid things. Herb users just wanna mellow , man. Chill.

And I'm all about chillin'. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

I just discovered the Forum Statistics.
Eat your heart out- I am "most liked" I KNEW it... :hypocrite:

sunlight

That can change quickly.  Enjoy it while you have it!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

*mumbles* I have GOT to change my avatar. It's too similar to Roscoe's, and that's just creepy.

Coming off a horrid migraine. If ever I would be tempted to try interesting, mellowing herbs and such... It would be because of these evil things. Sigh.

Rainy day here. But I have coffee and it's all good. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

sarba

I'm back after a busy day of errands.   Praying that the weather moving in produces some SNOW!! 

Backseat Radio

I'm having a bad case of its not ok to splurge on a nice phone for myself even though the current phone is outdated, freezing up, and out of storage space for even the basic apps.

Roscoe

Well, I don't know what I'm having for dinner, but I know this. The diet is dead for the day. I have been good, and I've pretty much plateaued... Dropped down to 219, last night the scale read 217- then today, I'm back to 220 again. Have ate nothing but a salad. So, I'm not quitting the diet, but I'm gonna eat whatever I want to tonight, maybe it'll shock my system back into burn mode. I have started my cheat night by eating a 190 calorie real chocolate bar. I regret it not one bit. :hypocrite:

And the winter storm that Sarba is fawning over is supposed to bring part of its stupid self by here tonight, leaving me ice and possibly some snow- probably just enough to give me heartburn the whole 60 miles to work. I am TOTALLY over winter. It can pack its bags and take its red rump north, it's not wanted here. ( It never got above freezing here today.)

sarba

a good cheat meal may be exactly what you need Roscoe.    I have to do that at times to get weight loss kick started again.    Im back on my diet as of Monday.   Down 4 lbs this week. 

I want one GOOD snow this winter and then I will be over it.  Its been cold this week but I HATE the cold without a wintery mix...lol

Roscoe

Quote from: sarba on January 19, 2016, 11:43:10 PMa good cheat meal may be exactly what you need Roscoe.    I have to do that at times to get weight loss kick started again.    Im back on my diet as of Monday.   Down 4 lbs this week. 

I want one GOOD snow this winter and then I will be over it.  Its been cold this week but I HATE the cold without a wintery mix...lol
As far as the cheat- I hope so. I've went from 270ish in August to this, but it seems like I'm stuck. The last time I tried a cheat day, I actually made it to 1800 calories. :lol:  I probably need to have a 2500 calorie day or better to jump it.
And I don't want the cold mess, but it appears that I shall receive it, as I just talked on the radio to a ham in Harrison, Ar., about an hour or so north of me, and he said it's getting slick already.

sarba

Quote from: Roscoe on January 20, 2016, 12:19:18 AM
Quote from: sarba on January 19, 2016, 11:43:10 PMa good cheat meal may be exactly what you need Roscoe.    I have to do that at times to get weight loss kick started again.    Im back on my diet as of Monday.   Down 4 lbs this week. 

As far as the cheat- I hope so. I've went from 270ish in August to this, but it seems like I'm stuck. The last time I tried a cheat day, I actually made it to 1800 calories. :lol:  I probably need to have a 2500 calorie day or better to jump it.

Congrats on the weight loss!  I lost 60 lbs a couple years ago and know its a lot of work!   

mini

Mornings need coffee (or tea) pre-made and served before you ever get out of bed.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 20, 2016, 12:17:03 PMMornings need coffee (or tea) pre-made and served before you ever get out of bed.

Many times, thanks to the wonders of modern technology, it nearly does at my house. All I have to do is stumble into the kitchen. I really should move the coffee pot to my bedside table.
Roads were clear. Now we are all worrying about tomorrow night....

Lynx

I'm busy worrying about tonight. I'm supposed to preach tonight. Will we even have church? Will it be canceled because of weather? Will we have church but almost everyone stay home? Somehow it is awkward preaching to a 3/4 empty church. And I always get nervous when I'm supposed to preach anyway. Why does the weather have to complicate it?

I'm glad the pastor only asked me last Sunday night to preach tonight. Plenty of time to prepare, less time to worry.

Bobby this weather is your fault. The radar map makes it clear where it came from.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Backseat Radio

MsJennJenn

I'm just sitting in the dark at work. Power is out. Been out about 20 minutes now.

Stomach is kinda bleh this morning anyway.

If the store alarms weren't going off cus of the power I'd probably be asleep at this point.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2016, 01:26:37 PMWill we even have church? Will it be canceled because of weather? Will we have church but almost everyone stay home? Somehow it is awkward preaching to a 3/4 empty church. And I always get nervous when I'm supposed to preach anyway.

Sounds like you are ready to pastor...i ask myself these same questions and make the same observations on a weekly basis.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 20, 2016, 03:27:56 PM
Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2016, 01:26:37 PMWill we even have church? Will it be canceled because of weather? Will we have church but almost everyone stay home? Somehow it is awkward preaching to a 3/4 empty church. And I always get nervous when I'm supposed to preach anyway.

Sounds like you are ready to pastor...i ask myself these same questions and make the same observations on a weekly basis.

Pretty much my thoughts today too. Pastor didn't say he needed me tonight...but the day is young. And round two of weather is supposed to be here tonight or maybe tomorrow  I just heard

Lynx

Quote from: mini on January 20, 2016, 03:27:56 PM

No. Just... no. I am nowhere near good enough with people to be a pastor. Minister, yes. Pastor, I just don't have the patience.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: