News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Been my day off. I have done nothing but cruise backroads in the Corvette. And, thanks to a conversation with mini that resulted in an ebay purchase last week- I have been listening to a type of music that would cause some to consider me backslidden, and surely caused my old youth pastor to clutch his chest, even without knowing.
See, I grew up when "hair bands" were somewhat popular. I LIKE screaming guitar- but the lyrics...no. Thanks to Mini, I wound up with some Petra, and a band I had forgotten- Whitecross. Good lyrics, very hard guitar. I like some of it- in limited quantities. My mother would've beat me if she heard it. It's perfect for a spirited cruise in the 'vette.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Dont blame me...I can manage enough trouble without getting blamed for your mistakes too.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 09, 2016, 12:53:38 PM
Dont blame me...I can manage enough trouble without getting blamed for your mistakes too.
I don't consider it a mistake.:hypocrite:
Morning, all. :hi: Looks like it's gonna be a stormy day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I had a Stryper poster growing up!!

Jenn-I'm double majoring because there is a lot of overlap between the two. I couldn't decide between them so I chose them both. Plus it gives me the option in grad school to apply for a few different programs.

Back to Keva today. Thankfully they hired my recommendation yesterday and she starts Monday. When I first met her I was 16 and she was 3 or 4. Lol. Safe to say it's gonna be weird, but awesome.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Enjoyed my day off-Chey had a sleep over, so we've had 4 little girls for the last two days. I got up early, went to town and got Lou's medicine, went by the church, and have lounged all day. Other than typing up tomorrow's lesson I've done nothing.

MsJennJenn

I have yet to get out of my pjs today. Meat fast week was over as of last night so I ordered a pizza topped with lots of italian sausage!
REALLY should be doing some homework. but ugh...I took a nap earlier. Hoping all of this rest is helping my body kick this sickness.

Next week is media - so I'll not be around next week.  :waving:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I. HATE. this cold. It was 20 degrees here this morning. Twenty. This is NOT Alaska, folks. I want my 90's back. :pound:
Bro Wilson preached out last night, leaving me to deal with the sheep.  On the plus side, they didn't stone me, but I don't think I'll be eating any dishes brought to me for a while. :ugly: Good move of God anyway.

Heather

If school money would drop at any time, we would greatly appreciate it. I generally like to get my books early that way I can start looking over them. Plus the post office gets crazy with the other 15,000 students getting in books, etc as well.

It's 17 here this morning and I feel it in every joint of my lower half. I'm too young for this.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 08, 2016, 10:43:35 PM
:hi:
Been my day off. I have done nothing but cruise backroads in the Corvette. And, thanks to a conversation with mini that resulted in an ebay purchase last week- I have been listening to a type of music that would cause some to consider me backslidden, and surely caused my old youth pastor to clutch his chest, even without knowing.
See, I grew up when "hair bands" were somewhat popular. I LIKE screaming guitar- but the lyrics...no. Thanks to Mini, I wound up with some Petra, and a band I had forgotten- Whitecross. Good lyrics, very hard guitar. I like some of it- in limited quantities. My mother would've beat me if she heard it. It's perfect for a spirited cruise in the 'vette.
Try Shachah. And Building 429. And for something older rock, Farrell & Farrell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4noDugCL_OQ
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I *might* be in your general area, Friday the 5th, Isaac. I've got a friend being installed as pastor of the church in Decaturville, Tennessee. If my money is agreeable, I might jet thataway that Friday and come back Saturday.

Lynx

At the decaturville Pentecostal church? I was not aware they were having a new pastor installed. Who is your friend there?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Back to work study! This week will be reading and listening to iTunes while being paid to do so.  :cool:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 12, 2016, 01:13:50 PM
At the decaturville Pentecostal church? I was not aware they were having a new pastor installed. Who is your friend there?
I say it's in decaturville.  That's what the invitation said. Soul's Harbor Apostolic Church In Decaturville, Tn. My friend is Pastor  Douglas  Raynor.

Lynx

Ahhh, I see. I know Decaturville Pentecostal Church's Brent Mayo is still a young man and I couldn't see him retiring. And we're kinda tight with that church so we should have heard if they were getting a new pastor, but I sure hadn't heard anything. So I was a bit confused.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Back at work on my Friday. Had an amazing church service last night.  I had been fighting one of my depression bouts yesterday, but as soon as I walked into the house of God, things got better. Amazing worship.
Now, if it'll just carry me through the day. :P

Lynx

*Isaac makes a note to text Bobby next Sunday, to... um... "help" with his depression.  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Ugh is right. I added an additional life insurance policy at work. Didn't realize that by doing so I was inviting a vampire into my home. They had to draw blood- and I hate needles. Bah.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 15, 2016, 11:21:27 AM
Yeah right! You needle me all the time.  :roll:
:pound: That's different. As long as someone else is the victim, I'm good. LOL

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: