News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

One month I will beat Dina in mileage running. Granted that month is probably years from now but it's a nice carrot out there to motivate me.  :cool:

Brandon got all the way to my parents and my dad decided he didn't want to do the floor today. So they just hung out and watched the UT football game.

Last shift tomorrow having to see the drama filled girl who's leaving. Yay!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 01, 2016, 10:48:49 PM
She did. She flies back in today & we leave for Mexico tomorrow.
You gadabouts.  :P

I get tired just thinking about all the places you folks are going.  Time for a cat nap.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Back to work tomorrow. Got a sermon together for tomorrow night...Bro Wilson is out of town. Stil have to get something for Wednesday and something for next Sunday. Also need to get to work on Rusty. I've gotten very little done over my time off, just rest. But, the scales are back to showing a downward trend, so there's that to be positive about.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:pound: mini.
Morning all. Just the act of cyber-beating up mini has made this a better day. :hypocrite:
Last night's service was great. Tremendous spirit of God in the house, and I was pleasantly surprised to count 34 people there. Pastor was out of town, and usually when the cat's away, the mice play- in other words, 90 % of the church calls in. They kept it to around 35% of the church calling in, since we are running between 40 and 50 on average... :clap:
But the blessings of last night are just a memory, and I'm left here to slog through another workday. Bah. :mad:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Didn't leave the apartment yesterday. The only reason I'll leave today is if I go to the gym to work out. Fighting a ridiculous headache.

Roscoe

It is COLD here today. I am not happy. Or any of the other 7 dwarfs.  :pound: And in sharing,  Lou made unstuffed cabbage roll stuff  last night  with ground deer meat and rotel. Spicey, but good lord it was tasty, and low calorie  too. :fork: I bought leftovers for lunch..

Heather

Did eventually go to the gym yesterday. Couldn't stand to be in my apartment any longer.  Today is work and taking care of my friends dogs while they are gone to Biltmore for the day. They have a new puppy that is only a couple months old so he needs extra potty breaks.

Decided to tack on an extra class this semester. It's a requirement for both my majors and will only cost me about 160 to add on. It's my social statistics course and since I just got out of Probability and Statistics I kinda want to take it while its sort of fresh in there. Granted I'm now up to 18 hours for the semester [6 classes] but I tend to do better when I have more on my plate so to speak.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 05, 2016, 02:09:27 PM
It is COLD here today. I am not happy. Or any of the other 7 dwarfs.  :pound: And in sharing,  Lou made unstuffed cabbage roll stuff  last night  with ground deer meat and rotel. Spicey, but good lord it was tasty, and low calorie  too. :fork: I bought leftovers for lunch..

Recipe! Un-stuffed?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 05, 2016, 05:14:04 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 05, 2016, 02:09:27 PM

Recipe! Un-stuffed?
That's what the recipe she found called it..: :smirk2:
UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
Ingredients:
1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small cabbage, chopped
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) low sodium diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
Directions:
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
Lou substituted ground deer meat for the lean ground beef,  drained Rotel for the tomatoes, and used Head Country Seasoning to season the meat while cooking it. It was PHENOMINALLY good. :fork:

MsJennJenn

Oh - unstuffed cus you just put cabbage IN it lol...got it. Sounds delish!  :fork:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

I've done something like that before, thanks to Pinterest. I agree it tastes amazing and fairly decent on fat and calories if you are watching that sort of thing.

I'm alive. Don't have much to say these days.

Babysat today. Got BBQ chicken in the crock pot. Gonna go make some rice and veggies and eat dinner. Watch Little house on the Prairie. Color and listen to the Word, and go to bed. That's my plan for the evening.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

I've done something with just rotel and ground turkey. lol not as fancy i suppose. it was good though. i think i might have added cubed zucchini.

Gonna try it next week! Gotta get back on a right food track. Feeling physically awful.  :-?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I have 3 days off. Only plans thus far is meeting my advisor today to go over my '4 year plan' which will be more like 5. Haha! Think I've finally decided to go with German for my foreign language which starts next fall. Counting up my credits [and as long as I pass all my classes this Spring] I'll be a junior going into Summer!

I start work study next Tuesday and thankfully Keva got their heads out of their you know where and decided to hire someone. They are interviewing a girl I've known since she was around 3 or 4 for a few days a week. It'll be her first 'real job'. How did I get so old?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on January 06, 2016, 02:42:40 PM
I have 3 days off. Only plans thus far is meeting my advisor today to go over my '4 year plan' which will be more like 5. Haha! Think I've finally decided to go with German for my foreign language which starts next fall. Counting up my credits [and as long as I pass all my classes this Spring] I'll be a junior going into Summer!

I start work study next Tuesday and thankfully Keva got their heads out of their you know where and decided to hire someone. They are interviewing a girl I've known since she was around 3 or 4 for a few days a week. It'll be her first 'real job'. How did I get so old?

I recognize my 4-year plan's at this point not repairable
but put me down as undecided, every Major's terrible.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I was actually surprised to find out it's only going to be a 4.5 year plan. My expected graduation is Spring of 2018! You are all invited!  :cool:

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh, I'm home from seeing Dina in Mexico. I loved seeing her and the kiddos but am glad to be back to my own bed and shower with plenty of hot water. :)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on January 07, 2016, 02:22:55 AM
I was actually surprised to find out it's only going to be a 4.5 year plan. My expected graduation is Spring of 2018! You are all invited!  :cool:

What are you studying again? I forget. lol and why so long?

I'm looking at being done December of this year with a bachelor's! Yippee! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I had to start all over due to my lackluster previous attempts at college. It's going to take that long because I bungled a few classes and also because I'm double majoring. I'll have a BA in Sociology and a BA in Anthropology when it's all over with.

Brandon will be graduating in December with his BS in History. He plans to apply for grad school here and at UT-Knoxville on his way to a doctorate someday.

MsJennJenn

Good grief lol - why are you double majoring?

I'm sooo unfocused this term. Gonna kill my A average I think.
-Alexander Den Heijer-