News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Didn't get to see Olya due to a complete miscommunication. We were supposed to meet at 8 in Bristol. She was still in Pigeon Forge with her family at 8:15 [2 hours away how her mom drives. If Olya had been driving, a little over an hour. lol.] However I did get to spend my mamaw Christmas money at their Target which is bigger than ours.

My joints are killing me today but I am up and about to get ready for some church today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Dew-Ax-238

Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Roscoe

Urgh. Mpppff. Gronk. Moan........
:hi: to the Golden Oldie, aka, Dew-Ax-238.  :P
It's morning. I have drank my coffee and still find myself in a poor mood, mainly because 1) I am at work on a day I was SUPPOSED to be on vacation, which was cancelled due to an inconsiderate jerk of a coworker.- pray for me and my attitude toward him and 2) we are majorly shorthanded, partially due to said jerk, partially due to another coworker's father in law passing, and partially due to my employer not getting off their duff and hiring for the position we have open. Oh and reason 3) I am in a bad mood- it is raining. Nonestop. Still. We've got upwards of 6 inches of water in the past two days- probably closer to 8- and I live in the country. With a septic system. Which no worky with this much water. :pound: :pound:
Remind myself- :pray:  Thank you Lord that I have a job to go to, and a house to live in, and food to eat, and transportation. Forgive me for being so irritable and ungrateful. In short, keep working on me. 'Cause I need it.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Interesting quote I saw yesterday...

Quote for the day: "I dunno, one morning I got up, went into the bathroom, and there was my dad staring at me in the mirror. THAT was the day I quit smoking and drinking- Oct 21st, 1994. I haven't touched either since."

Quote taken from the comments section of yesterday's Arlo & Janis, on gocomics.com
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Jenn-I was starting to worry about you.

Had a hard day yesterday with my anxiety.

MsJennJenn

No worrying necessary. All safe and sound here.  :thumbsup2:

I did brave Ikea today though.  :o
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

That's one store I think I might enjoy, but have never been in...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

It's like the Home Depot for anything you need for your home. But times two. Place is huge.

Last day of vacation. Well almost, work Wednesday and Thursday. Then off Friday again.
T-minus 2 days until my New Years bash. Yippee.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Not a good start to my vacation. Bah. Pretty sure, Rusty has blown a head gasket. That's a monumental pain in the rear to fix, and I'm NOT looking forward to it. Reasonably sure the head's not damaged though since he never overheated....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

So last night I picked up one of those straight talk SIM cards with a month-long unlimited talk, text and 5 gigabytes of data package. For the record straight talk is not straight. In fact it is as crooked as a Virginia split rail fence.  You are not allowed to tether your phone to a computer or use mobile Wi-Fi. Unlimited talk doesn't really mean unlimited... If you talk too much on your phone in any one day, make too many long, continuous phone calls they will shut you down. It's all in the terms of service that you don't read until you buy it, get it home and open the pretty little package.

Basically it's a scam.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I'd be boiling mad to discover that. And what good is 5 gb of data if you can't use mobile wifi? Isn't that the whole purpose of a data plan?

Heather

The girl who is leaving is making as much drama as possible before she leaves. I'm over it. Adios.  :roll:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It HAS flown by. Not been the best year, although it definitely coulda been worse here. I hope all of you nuts here have a fantastic New Year, and may it bring you all that you need, if not all that you want.
God Bless all of you....and may each of us better dedicate ourselves to His work and desires rather than our own. :hi:

mini

I have got to stop these late nights. I stayed up to nearly 10 last night...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 01, 2016, 01:03:30 PM

Livin' on the edge, I see.  :P

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on January 01, 2016, 01:03:30 PM

Sad. lol I think it was almost 3 by time I kicked the last person out of my apartment. And almost 4:30 by time I crashed.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm about to head out to see Dina & kiddos. Chel is going with me. :bigcheese:

Heather

We were in bed by 12:30. We went to watch the bowl games with my parent's last night but had to call it a night early because my mom keeps her house so cold. Also Brandon got roped into helping my dad replace flooring in their bathroom today so he's already gone. Brandon was kinda cranky about it at first but this morning he informed me he thought about all the things my parents have done for us and they NEVER ask him for anything.

I work a few hours late this afternoon.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 01, 2016, 05:03:09 PM
I'm about to head out to see Dina & kiddos. Chel is going with me. :bigcheese:

I thought she went out of the country? Lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

She did. She flies back in today & we leave for Mexico tomorrow.

mini