For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Back at work....again. Looks like I get Thursday and Friday off since I'm working Saturday. Too hot to do anything anyway...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 22, 2015, 05:34:26 PM
Quote from: sunlight on June 22, 2015, 04:43:04 PM
:dark chocolate:
*knocks out the weird cat and hogs said dark chocolate  for himself *
Ah, yes, I needed that. My phone has given me grief today by the charging port falling  apart. Apparently,  it is a common issue according to local repair shops. Too common, since I had to have them order parts. I'm  going to have a dead phone before  my day is up. Bah.:pound:
I could recommend a good smartphone, but nobody wants a recommendation because they all get one of the phones their phone provider sells and think they got a great deal - "MY phone only cost TEN BUCKS" while ignoring the high monthly bill that subsidizes that phone - so I won't mention that the two Xperia phones I have are great.

In the meantime here's a couple of pictures I snapped for you. These cars were driven by a husband and wife who stopped by where I work.

The white one is a Galaxie. I don't have anie idie why thie would spell it Galaxie... It's a mysterie to mie.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

Heather: Resist the urge for violence! Too many have fallen by the wayside around here...we can't stand to lose another lol

Blech, dark chocolate. I can only stand milk chocolate and even then, only so much. I like Amber Lynn chocolates :)

I have a vacation coming up. FINALLY getting away instead of just taking some days off and staying home. I'll be fat and sassy when I come back but the diet starts immediately after!

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I have had a bit of time to breath deep and pretty much tell her I have no desire to every speak to her again. I'm getting harassing phone calls on my cell and at my work place due to her bad debt. To the point yesterday they threatened to come serve me with HER papers. I tried to tell them if they knew her they would understand why I have little to nothing to do with her. This issue was supposed to be taken care of a month ago when it first started but obviously it didn't. My name got flagged with hers when Brandon and I filed our marriage license. I have many things I would like to call her and say to her but this is not the place and I have Jesus.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Isaac- beautiful cars, especially the Bonneville. Probably spelled Galaxie like that because another company had rights on it in its actual spelling. For instance, in the '90's GMC made a hot little sport truck they wanted to call a Cyclone. Unfortunately, Mercury had the rights to that name from a time in the '60's when they produced a muscle car by that name. Refusing to accept defeat, GMC named their truck a "Syclone". :lol:
And Heather, if your laws are like ours, they can't serve her papers on you unless she lives at your house and you are at home when they do. If the do serve them, just toss 'em in the trash. You're not responsible for her debt and they aren't going to haul you to court. She'll just lose the lawsuit filed against her when she doesn't show...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Back at work. Got good news in that my bonus is more than expected.  Of course,  it is possible  that SOMEONE negated that after seeing a Craigslist  ad in Memphis  for radio equipment.  After talking with the poster, he's going to call me back tonight  to ensure they put out proper power...if so I'm road trippin' tomorrow. ...

Heather

Today they called and harassed my 70+ year old boss.  :roll: This is getting ridiculous. I will not lose my job because of her....

The Purple Fuzzy

That's just crazy that they could bother you at all.  Looks like you could report them somehow.

rootbeer

The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

kkay

Heather: In some states, if you ask them not to call, they can't legally call you again. Is there any way they can block the phone # that keeps calling? I would be frustrated too. My ex-SIL has issues like that and they call my mom sometimes and even send letters. She hasn't EVER lived with my mom and by brother has been divorced from her for at least 5 years. Is there any way you could call an attorney to see what your options are? I know they don't normally like to give out free advice but some will do a short phone interview to at least tell you what your options are.

MsJennJenn

Hey Melbbsss....sitting here eating lunch with CHEL. :hypocrite:
She brought me Starbucks too.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I laughed when my hubby asked if Chel was at lunch with a mathematician. ;)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 25, 2015, 06:16:18 PM
I laughed when my hubby asked if Chel was at lunch with a mathematician. ;)

haha I did too - I shook my head and said no way. I hate math.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

They finally served her papers to HER place of employment. My boss told the people calling he didn't know who they were looking for and didn't like their tone so they are not allowed to call HIS place of business again. She has supposedly [again] taken care of it. Of course I was told this over a month ago as well so time will tell.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Sweet Lord it is hot today. I got up early, stole Lou's car and headed to Memphis, where I bought two radios. They were a very good price...and the old (87 year old) ham I bought them from quickly became a friend when he took me in his shop and showed me his 6 vintage BMW bikes, and a '55 Jaguar roadster. :o Then he proceeded to show me pics of his channeled '32 Ford Roadster from the 60's, his multiple trophies and club plaques, and numerous pictures of his drag cars. I was drooling. Not only a car guy, but a car guy from the very era I find to be the highpoint of custom cars-the '50s and early 60's...
He had two club plaques from a 1940's Memphis car club- I begged to buy one, but he wouldn't part with them, telling me he had owned them since being a member shortly after World War 2.  :o We talked for 30 minutes before I bought the radios. Delightful old guy, and worth the drive to visit even if I had not bought the radios...

Lynx

Note to self: To know Bob is one thing. To be his friend you have to be really into old stuff.

*looks at his computers... Nah, can't give it up.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Had a day off yesterday. Had lunch with my mom. Hadn't seen her in around a month. Brandon and I hit up the pool in our apartment complex last night. Back to work today.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on June 26, 2015, 12:08:04 PM
Note to self: To know Bob is one thing. To be his friend you have to be really into old stuff.

Key word. That's because he's *cougholdcough*

:hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 26, 2015, 02:21:17 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 26, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

Key word. That's because he's *cougholdcough*

:hypocrite:
:pound: I prefer the term "vintage".  :hypocrite:
And Isaac my friend, I started to invade your area, just to shock you. But I had taken Lou's car while she was at work, because it gets better gas mileage than anything but the corvette and rusty- not driven because Rusty has no a/c, and I worried about work on the highway causing us to sit in traffic which will cause a Corvette to heat up...  Thus I had to get Lou's car back to her. But for what it's worth, I did think of ya...  :P

MelodyB

I'm ignoring Jenn and her lunch date.

Cleaning lady is here today. I'm about to pull out all our DVDs and go thru them to see which ones we want to keep and which is to be taken to the pawn shop to sell. Most are westerns that were dad's and we don't care to keep them since we don't watch them. Taking up space.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

How much do you get for them at a Pawn Shop vs. something like Half Price Books. Or do ya'll have those...lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

We don't have those.

I think you can get $1 each for them.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?