News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:pound: Mel for that unkind comment :pound: jenn for her snarky comment :pound: Ruby for laughing, and :pound: everyone else for chuckling.
Y'all are mean to me. :sadbounce:
And in sharing- felt rough this evening. Was supposed to preach so I went to church. Cliff's notes- God preached. I didn't. Had 3 teens praying. One filled for sure. Suspect 2 more either filled or close. Was great during service- now sick again. Took Nyquil, going to bed and may call in in the morning....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Best time to call in, the day before your weekend starts... ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 23, 2015, 01:37:52 PM
Best time to call in, the day before your weekend starts... ;)
And I thought of that knowing how suspicious it looks. But I truly do feel bad, so I called in anyway. Now I'm lounging around the house reading..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Weather right now is just rain and the severe stuff has fallen off the forecast. It'll be memorable at least. Tried to reach out to a few friends from different churches in Bristol but either got ignored or told if our tithe money doesn't go there then they don't care. Can't move it to the church I attend because we actually rent space from another church and it's too many hoops to jump in too short of time.

Only 1 more week of school then finals week. I'm finally going to be a sophomore in college. I've never made it this far before.

3 weeks til the circus.....I mean wedding. 3 weeks til the wedding.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on April 23, 2015, 05:39:54 PM
Weather right now is just rain and the severe stuff has fallen off the forecast. It'll be memorable at least. Tried to reach out to a few friends from different churches in Bristol but either got ignored or told if our tithe money doesn't go there then they don't care. Can't move it to the church I attend because we actually rent space from another church and it's too many hoops to jump in too short of time.

Only 1 more week of school then finals week. I'm finally going to be a sophomore in college. I've never made it this far before.

3 weeks til the circus.....I mean wedding. 3 weeks til the wedding.

have you tried like some sort of apartment complex using their "party room" or something?
sometimes they look nice. lol a friend who lives in one? so you (they) can use it?
or like the library?! ha ]

You can rent a very large space in one of our Art Museums here - the windows are HUGE its soooo amazingly gorgeous. It's what I want if i can't have outside. I refuse to get married in a church. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: sunlight on April 23, 2015, 10:02:39 PM
Why?

No sunlight. As in sunshine (not you per say lol).
I love the things He created first: sun, clouds & sky, animals and flowers! :wink2:
Weddings in churches are just so drab, and dark. I want to be surrounded by the fresh air, the flowers and trees and greenery, and to be showered with sunshine!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on April 23, 2015, 02:53:13 AM
and :pound: everyone else for chuckling.

Hmmm...I haven't laughed, chuckled, or giggled at anyone or any thing!! :(
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on April 24, 2015, 09:15:47 AM

I don't believe you.  :hypocrite: Either you are fibbing or an ole sourpuss. :ugly:

It's raining hard here. I'm at the library and don't anticipate anything else getting done here today. I cook a huge pork loin for Lou's birthday dinner, and there are plenty of leftovers, so all I need to do is some kinda dessert- we don't have a sweet in the house. This is tragic....

sunlight

You should come over. I have mandarine orange cake, pecan pie, and cinnamon rolls that need to be eaten before they go bad!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Lynx

Grandma is at a Prime Timers' Campmeeting. I would be there if I didn't have to work. She wouldn't be any help disposing of desserts anyway, she has high blood sugar.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

So someone mentioned liking a show called Better Call Saul. So I looked it up.  What IS it with these shows about criminals? Weeds, Better Call Saul... what's next, a show about a serial killer?  Oh wait, we already have Dexter.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Got up this morning and went to mow the church yard. Got three kinds of unrighteously angry when I discovered that some scum slobbering bottom feeding piece of lily livered trash stole my gas and gas can from the back of my truck. I had to go buy a new can and fill it up, then go mow the church lawn. If I'd found the thief, I'd have needed to spend quite a while inside the church too. Well, truthfully, I probably needed to anyway just because of the thoughts I had.
Finished that up and took Rusty for a drive, thereby cooling me down considerably. Now I'm in the "pre-dread" phase for the next workweek, and I am listening to my friend Amir from Israel coordinating disaster communications for the Nepalese earthquake...

Heather

The weather held out and we had a GREAT wedding shower. Of the 40 or so who said they were coming we had around 25. Everyone got along. My future MIL even gave me a hug. It creeped me out. lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on April 24, 2015, 02:14:38 PM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on April 24, 2015, 09:15:47 AM

I don't believe you.  :hypocrite: Either you are fibbing or an ole sourpuss. :ugly:

No...just really, really stressed lately! Although, in my mind I have laughed at myself a couple times in the past week! Does that count? 😊
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on April 26, 2015, 12:02:36 AMNow I'm in the "pre-dread" phase for the next workweek...

"Pre-dreading"? As in before you start dreading?

LOL I live in a constant state of dread...I'm already dreading tomorrow's work day, next week, and the next couple of months!!! 😲  :noo:

Roscoe

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on April 26, 2015, 09:29:11 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 26, 2015, 12:02:36 AMNow I'm in the "pre-dread" phase for the next workweek...

"Pre-dreading"? As in before you start dreading?

LOL I live in a constant state of dread...I'm already dreading tomorrow's work day, next week, and the next couple of months!!! 😲  :noo:

That's not healthy. :hypocrite:
Well, "the next workweek" has arrived. It doesn't seem to be starting too badly, even if I did forget my keys and card keypass for the building. I drove in in a totally awesome hot car, got a Dr Pepper to drink, and managed to torment mini via text, who is apparently not having as joyous a morning as I am. This makes me happy. :P

mini

I'm praying you find out you have to preach 5 minutes before you get to church, and feel like you flop.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on April 26, 2015, 12:02:20 PM
I'm praying you find out you have to preach 5 minutes before you get to church, and feel like you flop.

:ugly:
:pound: :pound:

mini

You are as special as all those other chocolate gravy eating, short bus riding people.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on April 26, 2015, 01:08:00 PM
You are as special as all those other chocolate gravy eating, short bus riding people.

with an even extra side of special, and an extra side of short.
-Alexander Den Heijer-