Brother Steve Richardson

Started by Dew-Ax-238, January 10, 2012, 08:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dew-Ax-238

I heard that he passed away a few days ago, does anyone know if it is true? I loved his song DayStar
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Dew-Ax-238

Yes it is true. Here is his Obit. I loved his song DayStar, Just to Walk with him.

Steve L. Richardson
Born on: October 9, 1947 in Bloomington, Indiana
Departed on: January 7, 2012 and resided in Bloomington, Indiana

Visitation: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at New Life Fellowship, 7849 Wabash Ave., Terre Haute, IN 47803
Service: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at New Life Fellowship, 7849 Wabash Ave., Terre Haute, IN. 47803
Burial: Clear Creek Cemetery in Bloomington, Indiana

Steve Lee Richardson, 64, of Bloomington, passed away January 7, 2012. He was born October 9, 1947, in Bloomington to Leon and Edith Galyan Richardson. Steve graduated from Bloomington High School, Class of 1965, and attended Indiana University. Steve was a musical composer, singer, and songwriter. His songs included, "Daystar", "Just To Walk With Him", "He Took the Law In His Own Hands", "Mercy Seat", and many more. Multiple soloists and musical groups have recorded his songs and performed his musicals throughout the United States and beyond. Steve ministered in music for many years at Calvary Tabernacle in Indianapolis and was a member of the Calvary Four Quartet. He was a faithful member of New Life Fellowship in Terre Haute. Steve is survived by his devoted sister, Ellen Lutes; nephews, Tony (Rita), Mike (Tracee), and Joe (Stacy) Lutes; ten great-nieces and nephews, and six great-great-nieces and nephews. His parents, a brother, David Richardson, and a brother-in-law, Darrell Roberts, preceded him in death. Visitation will be held Tuesday, January 10, 2012, from 3:00 p.m. until the time of services at 7:00 p.m. at New Life Fellowship, 7839 Wabash Ave., Terre Haute, IN 47803, with Pastor Jeffrey C. Harpole officiating. Graveside services will be held Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. at Clear Creek Cemetery in Bloomington. Final care and arrangements are entrusted to Shirley Brothers Thompson Rd. Chapel, 3333 E. Thompson Rd., Indianapolis, IN. www.shirleybrothers.com
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.