:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Ex 10:21-29

Started by clark thompson, April 03, 2014, 01:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clark thompson

Exodus 10:21-29

King James Version (KJV)

21 And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:

23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.

24 And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said, Go ye, serve the Lord; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed: let your little ones also go with you.

25 And Moses said, Thou must give us also sacrifices and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice unto the Lord our God.

26 Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve the Lord our God; and we know not with what we must serve the Lord, until we come thither.

27 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not let them go.

28 And Pharaoh said unto him, Get thee from me, take heed to thyself, see my face no more; for in that day thou seest my face thou shalt die.

29 And Moses said, Thou hast spoken well, I will see thy face again no more.

Exodus 10:21-29

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

21 Adonai said to Moshe, "Reach out your hand toward the sky, and there will be darkness over the land of Egypt, darkness so thick it can be felt!"  22 Moshe reached out his hand toward the sky, and there was a thick darkness in the entire land of Egypt for three days.  23 People couldn't see each other, and no one went anywhere for three days. But all the people of Isra'el had light in their homes.

(iii) 24 Pharaoh summoned Moshe and said, "Go, worship Adonai; only leave your flocks and herds behind — your children may go with you."  25 Moshe answered, "You must also see to it that we have sacrifices and burnt offerings, so that we can sacrifice to Adonai our God.  26 Our livestock will also go with us — not a hoof will be left behind — because we must choose some of them to worship Adonai our God, and we don't know which ones we will need to worship Adonai until we get there."  27 But Adonai made Pharaoh hardhearted, and he would not let them go.  28 Pharaoh said to them, "Get away from me! And you had better not see my face again, because the day you see my face, you will die!"  29 Moshe answered, "Well spoken! I will see your face no more."

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 Darkness would have been bad no one would have been able to work things would not be growing back; they would not be able to tell time or even know what day it is. Alaska is in complete darkness for a few months every year but they have power to have light during this time but a lack of sun light does mess with some peoples minds. A lack of sunlight can cause a depression in people.

22 Three days may not seem long but when food is not plentiful, you need as much light as you can get, people may have not had food for many days at this time and Pharaoh' food supple would being running low or be empty all together.

23 Egypt stood still because of the darkness. Egypt's sun god was highly important to them. God's people again are spared from God's wrath on the people of Egypt.

24 Again Pharaoh is willing to let Moses go with a condition. God is not willing change His conditions; we need to be willing to submit in full to His terms, Pharaoh was unwilling to do this.

25-26 Animals were chosen by there best for sacrifice. God wants our best. Worship sometimes requires sacrifice but it is always worth it and is often times eaves us giving up something we do not need in the first place.

27 Pharaoh's heart as harden by God, his chances were over. It is a bad time when God hardens someone's heart.

28 Pharaoh now was mad at God's messenger and would take his vengeance on him since he could not do anything to God. It is like Satan tries to knock us down because he can not defeat God.

29 Moses knew at this point God was almost done with Pharaoh because Egypt had very little left to loose. I do not think Pharaoh would have been able to kill Moses if God lead him to Pharaoh because Moses plan had just started. Pharaoh trying to get Moses would lead him to losing almost everything.
The Lord made a Way.