News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Num 11:1-20

Started by clark thompson, July 04, 2013, 08:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clark thompson

Numbers 11:1-20

UKJV(i)1 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp. 2 And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched. 3 And he called the name of the place Taberah: because the fire of the LORD burnt among them. 4 And the mixt multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat? 5 We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick: 6 But now our soul is dried away: there is nothing at all, beside this manna, before our eyes. 7 And the manna was as coriander seed, and the colour thereof as the colour of bdellium. 8 And the people went about, and gathered it, and ground it in mills, or beat it in a mortar, and baked it in pans, and made cakes of it: and the taste of it was as the taste of fresh oil. 9 And when the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell upon it. 10 Then Moses heard the people weep throughout their families, every man in the door of his tent: and the anger of the LORD was kindled greatly; Moses also was displeased. 11 And Moses said unto the LORD, Wherefore have you afflicted your servant? and wherefore have I not found favour in your sight, that you lay the burden of all this people upon me? 12 Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that you should say unto me, Carry them in your bosom, as a nursing father bears the nursing infant, unto the land which you sware unto their fathers? 13 Whence should I have flesh to give unto all this people? for they weep unto me, saying, Give us flesh, that we may eat. 14 I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me. 15 And if you deal thus with me, kill me, I pray you, instantly, if I have found favour in your sight; and let me not see my wretchedness. 16 And the LORD said unto Moses, Gather unto me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom you know to be the elders of the people, and officers over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with you. 17 And I will come down and talk with you there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon you, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, that you bear it not yourself alone. 18 And say you unto the people, Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow, and all of you shall eat flesh: for all of you have wept in the ears of the LORD, saying, Who shall give us flesh to eat? for it was well with us in Egypt: therefore the LORD will give you flesh, and all of you shall eat. 19 All of you shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days; 20 But even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils, and it be loathsome unto you: because that all of you have despised the LORD which is among you, and have wept before him, saying, Why came we forth out of Egypt?

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

11 And when the people complained, it displeased the Lord; and the Lord heard it, and His anger was kindled. And the fire of the Lord burned among them, and consumed those who were in the uttermost parts of the camp.
2 And the people cried unto Moses; and when Moses prayed unto the Lord, the fire was quenched.
3 And he called the name of the place Taberah [that is, A burning], because the fire of the Lord burned among them.
4 And the mixed multitude that was among them fell to lusting. And the children of Israel also wept again and said, "Who shall give us flesh to eat?
5 We remember the fish which we ate in Egypt freely, the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlic;
6 but our soul is dried away. There is nothing at all besides this manna before our eyes."
7 And the manna was as coriander seed, and the color thereof as the color of bdellium.
8 And the people went about and gathered it, and ground it in mills or beat it in a mortar, and baked it in pans and made cakes of it; and the taste of it was as the taste of fresh oil.
9 And when the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell upon it.
10 Then Moses heard the people weep throughout their families, every man in the door of his tent. And the anger of the Lord was kindled greatly; Moses also was displeased.
11 And Moses said unto the Lord, "Why hast Thou afflicted Thy servant? And why have I not found favor in Thy sight, that Thou layest the burden of all this people upon me?
12 Have I conceived all this people? Have I begotten them, that Thou shouldest say unto me, 'Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which Thou swearest unto their fathers'?
13 From whence should I have flesh to give unto all this people? For they weep unto me, saying, 'Give us flesh, that we may eat.'
14 I am not able to bear all this people alone, because it is too heavy for me.
15 And if Thou deal thus with me, kill me, I pray Thee, out of hand, if I have found favor in Thy sight; and let me not see my wretchedness!"
16 And the Lord said unto Moses, "Gather unto Me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom thou knowest to be the elders of the people and officers over them; and bring them unto the tabernacle of the congregation, that they may stand there with thee.
17 And I will come down and talk with thee there. And I will take of the Spirit which is upon thee and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.
18 And say thou unto the people: 'Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow, and ye shall eat flesh. For ye have wept in the ears of the Lord, saying, "Who shall give us flesh to eat? For it was well with us in Egypt." Therefore the Lord will give you flesh, and ye shall eat.
19 Ye shall not eat one day, nor two days, nor five days, neither ten days, nor twenty days,
20 but even a whole month, until it come out at your nostrils and it be loathsome unto you, because ye have despised the Lord who is among you, and have wept before Him, saying, "Why came we forth out of Egypt?"'"

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
Copyright © 1994 by Deuel Enterprises, Inc.

New Century Version (NCV)

Fire from the Lord

11 Now the people complained to the Lord about their troubles, and when he heard them, he became angry. Then fire from the Lord burned among the people at the edge of the camp. 2 The people cried out to Moses, and when he prayed to the Lord, the fire stopped burning. 3 So that place was called Taberah, because the Lord's fire had burned among them.
4 Some troublemakers among them wanted better food, and soon all the Israelites began complaining. They said, "We want meat! 5 We remember the fish we ate for free in Egypt. We also had cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions, and garlic. 6 But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!"
7 The manna was like small white seeds. 8 The people would go to gather it, and then grind it in handmills, or crush it between stones. After they cooked it in a pot or made cakes with it, it tasted like bread baked with olive oil. 9 When the dew fell on the camp each night, so did the manna.
10 Moses heard every family crying as they stood in the entrances of their tents. Then the Lord became very angry, and Moses got upset. 11 He asked the Lord, "Why have you brought me, your servant, this trouble? What have I done wrong that you made me responsible for all these people? 12 I am not the father of all these people, and I didn't give birth to them. So why do you make me carry them to the land you promised to our ancestors? Must I carry them in my arms as a nurse carries a baby? 13 Where can I get meat for all these people? They keep crying to me, 'We want meat!' 14 I can't take care of all these people alone. It is too much for me. 15 If you are going to continue doing this to me, then kill me now. If you care about me, put me to death, and then I won't have any more troubles."
16 The Lord said to Moses, "Bring me seventy of Israel's elders, men that you know are leaders among the people. Bring them to the Meeting Tent, and have them stand there with you. 17 I will come down and speak with you there. I will take some of the Spirit that is in you, and I will give it to them. They will help you care for the people so that you will not have to care for them alone.
18 "Tell the people this: 'Make yourselves holy for tomorrow, and you will eat meat. You cried to the Lord, "We want meat! We were better off in Egypt!" So now the Lord will give you meat to eat. 19 You will eat it not for just one, two, five, ten, or even twenty days, 20 but you will eat that meat for a whole month. You will eat it until it comes out your nose, and you will grow to hate it. This is because you have rejected the Lord, who is with you. You have cried to him, saying, "Why did we ever leave Egypt?"'"

New Century Version (NCV)
The Holy Bible, New Century Version®. Copyright © 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts please share yours.

1 People often are complaning about who God puts in charge in churches but they often when asked to help will never step up.

2-3 God's mercy can be brought through prayer often. We should remeber what the Lord does to learn from our mistakes.

4 They desired what they were not getting.

5-6 They think they had it better without God leading them. Today there are many who look at following after Jesus as giving somethings up. All the things we might give up are things that have no value.

7 God was providing food for them in the wildereness they did not have to grow anything as other people of the day did.

8-9 They cooked the food God gave them and collected it. All their needs were met by God in the wilderness.

10 Seeking after other things when God is all we need will upset God.

11 Leadership often feels failure when we whine.

12 Good leaders should try to make their followers happy but first try to please the Lord.

13 The people wanted meat to eat. We often desire things of the life we had before we came to Christ and this can cause us to fall into sin.

14-15  We should not look to pastors of churches to do everything because no one is meant to do everything.

16-20 God gives us all the help we need. We need to rely on Him.
The Lord made a Way.

Lynx

"God has never asked me to give up anything that was good for me.
God has never asked me to do anything that was bad for me."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: