News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Bible Salvation plain and simple

Started by BroGary, July 05, 2012, 10:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BroGary

Here is a very short Bible study on salvation you can share with those you are trying to reach with the truth -

(please note: if there are any group members who do not believe this basic apostolic salvation doctrine, that is your free will choice to believe how you will, but I am not here to debate this, simply to share info people can use to help reach souls with the gospel)

Bible Salvation Plain and Simple

Here is some info to share with others you are trying to reach with the truth -

Bible salvation is not complicated, but the Bible does show that it takes more than just believing the gospel to be born again, we must also OBEY the gospel -

Jesus said:...except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.  Luke 13:5

Jesus also said:...Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  John 3:5

The apostles understood what Jesus meant, that is why on the day of Pentecost when the church was first born, the apostle preached HOW to obey what Jesus said was a must -

This is what the scripture says on HOW to be born of water and of the Spirit -

Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38

Bible Salvation Plain and Simple:

1.) Believe the gospel and that there is one God and NOT a trinity

2.) Repent

3.) Be baptized in the NAME of Jesus Christ (and NOT the titles "Father, Son, Holy Ghost)

4.) Receive the Holy Ghost with initial the evidence of speaking in tongues

5.) Endure to the end staying faithful to God and His Truth

.....Yes, we must first believe, but believing alone is not enough,
the Bible indicates that we must not only believe the gospel,
but we must also - OBEY - the gospel:

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the
presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" (II Thess. 1:8,9)

What is the gospel ?

...it is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ -

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel.....
....how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried,
and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures"
(I Cor. 15:1,3,4)

How does one "obey" the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ ?

"....Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of
Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the
gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)

(Colossians 2:12   Buried with him in baptism)

Death = Repentance (we die out to the world and our old life of sin)

Burial = Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ
              (Bible says we are buried with Him in baptism)

Resurrection = receiving the Holy Ghost
                      (the resurrection power to walk in newness of life)

(We know a physical birth is successful when we hear that baby first cry, likewise we know someone has had a successful spiritual birth when they first cry out speaking in tongues :-)

Scott

Um.. Gary.. This is an Apostolic Forum. I am pretty sure that 99.9% of the regular posters are Apostolic.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

BroGary

No problem Scott, I was not sure if there were many here who did not hold to apostolic doctrine (there are some other apostolic forums that seem to have an amazing number of posters who don't hold to basic apostolic doctrine :-)

I had glanced at some older threads/posts here and seen where someone believes a person can be a Christian by just believing alone, that baptism isn't necessary, I guess they must have been one of the 1% here who is not apostolic :-)

Anyhow, thanks for the encouragement, it is good to find a forum for apostolics to share info and discuss stuff without having a lot of posters trying (trying but not succeeding) to tear down basic apostolic doctrines.

(I know there are some areas apostolics have different views on, but basic salvation and oneness doctrine should not be one of them)

Scott

I think the days of people trying to ''destroy'' or attack are long gone.  We may have a few doubting thomas', but not among the regular posters.

Feel free to discuss doctrine.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

BroGary

That's great to know this is an apostolic discussion forum where you can discuss stuff among fellow apostolics without having to stop and debate the basic apostolic truths of oneness and salvation with those who reject such truths. (or the necessity of following those truths)

I have no problem discussing those basic truths with sincere seekers who have honest questions, but when you come across those who flat out reject those truths (or the necessity of following those truths) and are fighting against them it seems our time would be better used trying to reach those who are reachable.

You are probally familiar with the discussion forums called "(---) and "(---)", and unless they have changed recently they seemed (maybe not, but seemed) to have more people against the necessity of following basic apostolic truths than for them, (---) seemed to be that way moreso than (---).   To further clarify - it seems that there were many who had a charismatic ecumenical mindset - it was more of rejecting the necessity of following apostolic doctrine, than simply the doctrine itself, some would get upset if you would not agree that trinity people and those who have not been baptized in Jesus name and filled with the Holy Ghost were saved also.   They view apostolics as being exclusive, unloving, causing disunity.   They don't seem to realize that it is because we do love souls that we have to warn them that obeying Acts 2:38 is not merely an option, it is a necessity according to scripture.

Scott

:copcar:

We don't mention other forums in a negative way.  We just don't want that kind of rep.

Hope you understand - that is why I edited your post.

:copcar:

The Never Ending Battle

BroGary

no problem Scott, I'll try to remember to not specify actual forum names in any simular discussions.

I'm sure you are likely familiar with what I was describing though, and it was meant to show how some discussion forums designated as "apostolic" does not automatically mean there might not be many on their forums who do not adhere to te necessity of following the basic apostolic doctrines of salvation and oneness.

(just so no one gets the wrong idea, I don't hate any person, not even those who fight against apostolic doctrine, I hate the false doctrines themselves though because false doctrines are endangering souls - just like Jesus and the apostoles were strong against and hated false doctrines)

(besides, there might still be a few more "Saul"s out there who can be converted into "Paul"s :-)

Scott

The forums you mentioned have a history of some wide open name calling and we've done our best to avoid that around here.

The Never Ending Battle

BroGary

That is good, as no one should resort to name calling just out of having a bad attitude because of disagreement, of course that is not the same as simply making an accurate description based on facts and not out of hard feelings, for example, if someone basically admits they do not believe following any specific doctrine is necessary for salvation as long as a person is sincere and has faith, then it would simply be an accurate description to say they are charismatic / ecumenical in how they believe.