News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How can we get our youth grounded in what they believe?

Started by Bobbiesue, July 05, 2008, 07:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbiesue

Thanks.

I posted an update on her in the prayer request thread
Romans 1:16 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

OGIA

Quote from: Bobbiesue on August 18, 2008, 03:33:12 AM
I know I posted this in the prayer request thread, but would everyone please keep Judy, the girl I mentioned in my first post here in prayer. She attempted suicide today and is in the hospital

She will be in my prayers at prayer meeting today, Bobbiesue.
And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. Zechariah 14:9

Ignorance of the Identity of the One True God is not a valid reason to practice idolatry.

Backseat Radio

Another side of getting youth grounded is teaching them how to deal with the emotional hurts that will come from the mistakes or intentional actions of others in the church and outside the church.  In many cases the treck out of the church starts with a wounded and bitter spirit that never heals.

Sis

Quote from: Brother Dad on August 03, 2008, 08:52:46 PM
Just a thought.  Our young people will get rooted and grounded in the Truth when they see the older people making an example.  Just a thought.

But you need to be more than an example. The kids will just think you're doing your thing and they want to do their own thing.  You have to also teach while living the example.

I've seen parents being really good examples, but the kids don't get it. They have to be taught how to live and where to find the truth.

raise up a child in the way he should go....