News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I was ready to torture Robbie. :pound: Congrats, though,Fuzzy. And in sharing, I love Facebook. Awesome platform to share with your friends, know what's going on....but sometimes...lord. Apparently a young man who recently got the holy ghost and has been coming with his girlfriend to our church decided to break up with her. She is a little, uhm, immature. Without being judgmental I'm not sure she doesn't have some mental challenges.

Her mother and half of her family- coincidently about half the church- have blown up facebook with pointed posts about men not being men, and other veiled references. Drama. Pure Drama. If I were magically powered as a facebook administrator with power to delete accounts, I'd disable every one of 'em.
They're 18 and 19. Things happen. The adults don't need to act like a 10 year old...:pound: Pure stupidity. Squared.
And back to work tomorrow. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Work.

Roscoe is currently ignoring my texts.

Dog is like a 2 year old.  I keep on getting up at 4 am with her.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Anddd Roscoe that's exactly why I DON'T have Facebook. Pass!  :noo:

Slaving away over here in my pjs. :hypocrite:

Took a muscle relaxer and an opiate for my ridiculous headache last night. (second day of having one in a row)
Coincidentally those two meds are for my hands/carpal tunnel. But I think they work more for the tension headaches I get than they do for my carpal tunnel.

I think that's the only answer for the headaches. Nothing else seems to be the answer. They're not migraines. And I can't figure out specific triggers. Ugh. From all research they're just tension headaches - which can basically be triggered by a plethora of things.

Bodies are dumb. :roll:

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Back at work today.

I get to see my family this weekend. My brother & his wife will be in from California as well. I only see them once or twice a year, if we're lucky. I feel like Lian is as much my sister now as my brother is my sibling. I feel like people might think it sounds weird though if I start saying "my brother and sister are flying in today." instead of designating her as a 'sister-in-law/love'.. I've been wanting to make the transition, because seriously - I won the prize as far as getting a sister from my brother's marriage!! :D She's exactly what he needed, and exactly what our family needed. I love her, haha.

My friend (who also happens to be married to my husband's cousin) is being induced today. She wasn't originally scheduled to deliver until Aug 2nd, and no one has breathed a word about any complications. Her husband just announced her inducing on FB.. and neither myself or my husband had a clue what's going on. Kinda frustrating, but that's the least of our family issues up here, haha. Praying a smooth delivery and Olivia's safe arrival. Glad I'll get to meet her this weekend too! :D

On the rest of my serious stuff.. Jeremy has been hounding me for going on 5+ years about moving to Nevada. His best friend from the Navy (they're really just like brothers, haha) lives there with his family. These are the people we just recently met up with in South Dakota for a camping vacation. I of course love them as well. It was VERY hard leaving that day. I've been giving in more and more to the talk of moving, but I'm just.. VERY risk averse. I cannot easily make life changing decisions, and I feel like I'm the main one who wants to approach the topic prayerfully. We could make more money out there, we could do activities that we enjoy, no family drama, but UPC churches aren't in abundance in their area, and that's been a HUGE issue for me in the decision making. Jeremy obviously cares about church as well, but he's quicker to say "we'll figure it out" instead of worrying about it beforehand. I would also like a fresh start - away from my husband's family. It's been an extremely sore spot for us our entire marriage - one that we're actually in agreement on.. we don't bicker about his family issues, we mutually agree that it's a frustrating black hole for us. We love them, but we're not growing here. I don't know why I'm rambling on... probably because I'm worried about this HUGE decision. I would appreciate any and all prayers for direction/guidance/wisdom. We're going to float the idea again to my parents, because they've been anti-Nevada as well, but I think it's mostly because I have been so against it as well. I'm going to research more on churches in the area this week..

On positive/less-serious news, Monday hasn't been too bad today! I only had two days off the past two weeks, but.. I'm chugging along on my paperwork! Hopefully soon I'll have a cleared off desk, lol.

MsJennJenn

Nelle I call my brother's wife my sister too....so you're not alone there. haha....I always refer to them as my brother and sister....so yea could be awkward haha....
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Nelle is there anyway you could visit the town y'all are thinking about moving to and test driving a church or two? In my experience usually you can feel what kind of church it is as soon as you step through the door.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Monday is kicking my tail. Had to use my lunch break to dash home and see that the roofers are finished...the place is beautiful.  Now I'm snatching bites of an apple between clients and still have two tons to do.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's getting hot. Supposed to break the 100* mark this week. :shine:

Lynx

That's why I like living in Tennessee. In Arizona breaking 100 is just a normal summer day. Up in the northern states it can get down to -30 in winter. Here going over 100 or below 0 are both newsworthy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:. We've had a moderate summer for Arkansas. More rain than normal and even though it's been hot, it's not been "boiling the car paint" hot like we have seen.
I got home last night and went to work on cleaning up the roofing scraps, ect. Got everything loaded on the trailer and knocked out the mowing. I still need to rent a pole saw and trim up some of the trees, severely prune the Wisteria Vine that has gone nuts and brought several friends with it, and build/repair a door on the shop.
 Oh, and I need to change out rusty's alternator and fix his cranky starter wire that's causing him to have moments of none starting.
And that's just the things I need to do right away at the house. I'm scared to look at my work caseload...

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on July 17, 2017, 05:52:28 PMNelle is there anyway you could visit the town y'all are thinking about moving to and test driving a church or two? In my experience usually you can feel what kind of church it is as soon as you step through the door.

I'm hoping to be able to do that when we get to visit. I've never been to the area at all, but Jeremy has been to visit for a couple of hunting trips. I told Jeremy that when we get to go together, I'd really like to get a couple in mind that are the most feasible distance-wise, and visit them to get a real 'feel.' Hopefully we can go sometime in the next 6 months to visit!

Heather

Sunday at church I made the people around me snort, giggle. At the end of service they announced my friend's pregnancy [who is also the Pastor's daughter] so he was praying over the end of service and had us repeat after him. At the portion where he was praying for God to look over and prosper us and our children, I said 'Me and my cats'.

Coworker was sick yesterday and I sent him home early. I hope he's better today because I don't want to work with the boss. Things go so much smoother when she isn't there.

Day off tomorrow. Was thinking about going hiking but considering we are under a heat advisory for the next 5 days it may not be the best time.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on July 18, 2017, 11:19:21 AMThat's why I like living in Tennessee. In Arizona breaking 100 is just a normal summer day. Up in the northern states it can get down to -30 in winter. Here going over 100 or below 0 are both newsworthy.
I'll take dry Arizona heat over the humid southeast heat any day!

taco_harvell

Why when I click on certain links does it try to sell me godplace.com for $1750? :question:  :o

Roscoe

:jumping:  Wow! The taco has wandered back in!!

About time you came home..
And in sharing, Bro Wilson just called me as excited as a 10 year old with his first bb gun. Fred the '51 Ford , after five years of work and failed projects, came to life tonight. The mighty 5.3 Engine sure sounded good. I can't wait to see it on the road!

Roscoe

Morning. I have been abandoned in my office. Everyone went to court and left me here. And I have a  headache. It would not be a good idea for anyone to cross me today.:pound: I had a guy in a few ago I nearly snapped on before I realized he was teasing. I will probably attempt to slip out for ribs today with my wife, because I need them.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's going to be hot today, you can feel it early.
We exchanged some spark plugs that had a 5 year warranty, it's the second time to exchange. I guess most folks don't keep a vehicle that long. The auto part girl didn't seem too happy about it. ;)

Roscoe

MsJennJenn

I'm in/out of the "office" today too.

Neuro follow-up at 10:30.
Then I'm dropping my car off at my car guy for inspection, oil change, and AC check-up.
Which is coincidentally down the street from my parents, so pops will pick me up and I'll continue "working" from home at their house....where I'll more snuggle the dog than work until my car is ready.

:waving:  :hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Tuesday at work was pretty bad. If I sat down, I was freezing. If I stood up, I was having hot flashes. There are some other things going on too that makes us suspect I'm going through early menopause. All I can say is Yes Lord and Amen! Let's do this and get it over with!

Yesterday's day of relaxing was averted because the belt on my car decided to shred on the interstate. Best we can figure is the alt started the wiggle and slipped the belt. Parts of the shredded belt ended up getting caught up in my ac clutch though. I can't do anything little. I just have to go big with everything. LOL. Thankfully the belt was still under warranty and we are keeping an eye on my alt.

Nelle-I understand about the in-law situation. We are in the area for at least 2 more years for Brandon's undergrad. However, after that time we will HAVE to move for his PhD. He tried to go to Knoxville [2 hours away] right out of high school and his entire family flipped out. That is the closest place he is looking at. I can't wait to be away from them.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

That's exciting to be looking to move!! I'm better if I know we have to.. like for a job or school, haha.

I'm eating my leftover PH pizza and a leftover bbq pork rind coated baked chicken sandwich on Hawaiian bread. (YUUUUUUUUUM!!) Seriously.. that chicken was good, and I don't even 'do' pork rinds. The thought of them always (and still does) grosses me out. haha..

I'm so ready for the weekend. I need my calm place (my momma/daddy's house). I get to see familyyy!

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!