News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I wound up dashing to town and getting my air compressor to replace the deal that I bought at the car show. I might as well have lit $50 on fire when I bought the car show compressor- it lasted two uses before locking up. This one has a warranty.
 Did a little grocery shopping and cam home. It is HOT here....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

And to think it was you I asked what brand of car compressor I should get...

Can't complain though, the one I got was good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Ended up staying home sick yesterday. Now I fear I have passed it on to Brandon. Now I woke up with a terrible headache. I'm going in today though to make up some time and give my coworker a day off since he had to come in for me on Friday. I have to get to feeling better today. Dad starts chemo tomorrow. Also tomorrow morning is his last radiation.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Made more tomato jam yesterday. It's so good!

As for Criminal minds, I just started at the beginning on Netflix. I've never watched all of them and especially not in order. So I'm going to do that.

Goodnight.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I'll trade you two quart jars of tomato jam for a gallon of pickled eggs. :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

I actually like pickled eggs and have my own recipe that my Daddy passed down to me. And I didn't use quart jars this batch, I used 8oz jars. Lol

But we can work something out when I make it again. I'm sure I'll be getting more free tomatoes from work again soon. We have been real slow with business so we have an abundance of unused tomatoes and my manager regularly gives them away.

That's how I started this whole tomato jam stuff in the first place. I had an over abundance of maters.

:fork:

I'll let you know next time around.

Lynx

Gives them away? Routinely?

So... is your workplace taking applications? :D :D :D

One thing that stands out to me about the matter is, you don't let them sit around and ruin, you make jam out of them. Or tomato preserves, or whatever you want to call them - you process them so they won't go to waste. That automatically puts you ahead of many people I know.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Ugh. Back to being fat. I've got to lose- my sciatica is back to giving me fits and if I'm under 245 or so, that doesn't happen.
 And I feel like crud- and slightly overwhelmed between work and life in general. I need a day or two or Rusty time, but that can't happen for a couple weeks.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Yeah she gave me 4 boxes one day and I have three to the soup kitchen and made jam and stewed tomatoes out of the one box I kept. And this this time, I made jam and took the remainder to church for people to get a few to take home and eat.

One thing that never gets wasted for me and my family is tomatoes. Dad used to get boxes of old half bad ones at the flea markets and such and I would cut the bad parts off and cook them down and freeze in baggies for chili and speg sauce. We used tomatoes in everything and I still do. I'm glad I discovered the jam now. It's so good as well!

Mini- tomato jam is exactly what it says. Like any other fruit jam, it's sweet and you eat it on toast or whatever. I've eaten it on crackers with cream cheese as a snack, with toast for breakfast, on my hamburger, on a bologna sandwich, on a sausage biscuit, and my Pastor tried it on a PB sandwich.

I make it with tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, fresh ginger, brown sugar, and a host of other spices such as chili powder, nutmeg, clove, garlic, and cinnamon. Simmer all that together for about 5 hours and then can it. Yummmmmy.

Lynx

I can't decide whether your tomato jam is closer to salsa or my chili, minus the kidney beans and meat...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

It do sound kinda tasty...
Today was a long day at work. Busy all day, as usual. It's a good thing I actually like my job, because they like to steadily overload you. When I hired in, I was told our caseload ideally would be between 50 and 80 people. I have close to 150. And I got word today that they have me schedule for a Field Training Officer class in August. I JUST now started to feeling like I have a decent grip on the job- and now they want to make me a trainer!
My boss informed me that there are "some perks that will come with it you'll enjoy" but didn't mention what those perks were...At any rate, instead of being Negative Norm about the added responsibility, I'm going to look at it as they think I do a great job and want me to show others how to be like me. LOL

Heather

Ended up not working yesterday due to Joe wanting all the hours. Which was probably for the better.

Dad "graduated" radiation today. He got hugs and a blanket from the center. First day of chemo is done now too. 2 more days to go then 1 more round in August. His red count was low today though so if it stays where it currently is we are looking at a blood transfusion in a few weeks  :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe must be out chasing "clients". What about the rest of y'all?

MsJennJenn

I'm here.

Can't seem to focus on much this week.

Allergies are awful.

Behind in my school work.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I have to find a way to be a stay-at-home-something, haha. Vacation spoiled me really badly.

Roscoe

I am indeed chasing "clients/thugs/job security". I've got two that have dropped off the face of the earth. Well, they ain't seeing me like they supposed too- I wish they'd drop off the face of the earth, be less issues for me..:lol:

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 11, 2017, 05:03:24 PMRoscoe must be out chasing "clients". What about the rest of y'all?
I'm pickling 120 eggs. If you gotta stink up the house, might as well do a whole bunch so you won't have to do it as often.

Peeling them all is the tedious part.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, that's a lot of peeling. Where'd you get so many eggs?

Lynx

This is southwest Tennessee, ma'am. I know multiple people who raise chickens.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I did something yesterday I swore I would never do. After 2+ years of marriage, I finally, legally, changed my name. There was a whole lot of issues and baggage I had to sort through to get to this point, but it's been on my mind since a church service back in Jan or Feb and God has been dealing with me about it since then. Granted, I've had it on various social media since then but I finally went to the social security office and made it official yesterday.

Lynx

:sing:
You changed my name
You called me forgiven
You changed my name
You called me redeemed
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Been a busy day. And the new weight loss assistance pill named Alli  has wrecked havoc on me. And I have to go to Texarkana tomorrow for training. But if I can get through that, I can take off Friday and pick up the roofing material.