News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Last person to post wins...round 14!!

Started by MelodyB, May 28, 2011, 05:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

If I gota be up so do u

Argh its hotter today than its been since I got here, over 120 in the van when I got in it this morning ugh. Still at 110 in the shade.

Just crossed into texas
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Tricia Lea

Heading to Brandons baccalaureate service this evening

kmymbir

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

My latest blog post.

kmymbir

:read: I read here that as a new GP member it is okay to have this temporary contract of retrieval. :contract: At least until I have recieved my actual permit.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Babs

Just got out of my sisters swimming pool. Man that cold water felt good.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Babs

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 05, 2011, 10:08:33 PM
:cophat:  Permit please.
A-hem! You're impersonating an officer- Scott nipped that in the bud on me and all I wanted was baked goodies. You can't do that.  :nono: I'll tattle on you. Besides, tennesee can lay claim to moonshine and other mountain things, but my Texas ancestors were using "Howdy" long before some mountain hillbilly ever did. "Howdy" is a TEXAS word. And ya'll and all it's assorted spellins' have pretty firm roots in Arkansas.  :pound:

So, Gun Lady- no permit required from this imposter!

" The ACTUAL ENTITLED USER of :cophat:"
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Tricia Lea

kmymbir

Alright! We're glad you could make it to the party!!! Insanity can be so much fun!

Lynx

Quote from: Tricia Lea on June 06, 2011, 02:00:51 AM
I think I am going insane
Been there, done that.

five-oh there were people here before there were people (americans at least) in Texas.  Unless you're claiming the spanish colonies used those terms your claim is dubious at best. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Last time it went to almost a hundred pages. 

I bought a large number of albums recently and have come to one inescapable conclusion:  Some groups' old stuff is better than their new stuff.  Not mentioning any names because you might get a blessing out of their new stuff, but some groups used to have a spiritual punch that they just don't have now. :(
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

15 miles to tyler. Had to stop a few. Sooo sleepy

My latest blog post.

Babs

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

My new addiction is Minute Maid frozen juice bars. SOOOO GOOD!

kmymbir

The other night I ate 3 Nutty Bars. I'm not sure if that classifies as an addiction. But I just couldn't stop!!

Tricia Lea

MelodyB

I haven't had nutty bars in a LONG time!

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 06, 2011, 02:05:31 AM
Quote from: Tricia Lea on June 06, 2011, 02:00:51 AM
I think I am going insane
Been there, done that.

five-oh there were people here before there were people (americans at least) in Texas.  Unless you're claiming the spanish colonies used those terms your claim is dubious at best.
dubious?  Could be. But just as dubious is your claim that Tenneseeians used "howdy". :laughhard: By the way, I got on a genealogy kick a while back and done some investigating. Best I can tell, my ancestors landed in Virginia in the 1600's, then moved to the mountains of tennesee. Great great grandfather went to Texas from Sutton , Tennesee I believe it was. So maybe you're right- maybe my family took "howdy" with them. :hypocrite:

And Trish- welcome to being insane. It's loads of fun!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Babs

No I didn't tl, the entire trip was epic failure

My latest blog post.