News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

dingbats can count to three in dingbats thread # 33

Started by JonathanHarper, May 16, 2008, 04:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

JonathanHarper

Quote from: MelodyB on October 14, 2008, 06:56:30 AM
You could have seen me the next night too...but I wasnt invited :P Happy Belated Birthday BTW...I was gonna call you...but I temporarily forgot.

Ya know that old clique "outta sight outta mind" well something like that... sorry

Jennie-lynnie

JonathanHarper

MelodyB

Quote from: Jennie-lynnie on October 17, 2008, 08:30:40 PM
Hey guys... how's everyone doin lately?

Busy, busy, busy, this week. I have hardly been on GP at all. I have been on the beach most all week, and running around town.

Ill paste my moped story in here... LOL

Jonathan...I wrecked Candi's moped...I didnt damage it...but yeah.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Here is what I posted this morning when I got up.... (friday morning)

Re-posted for Jonathan, Justin, Jennie, Mom, Dad, Giggles and Trisha, and those who dont read the sharing thread. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a Moped accident yesterday. LOL

I am fine. Somewhat. I was making a right turn, and I didnt slow down enough, and I hopped the curb in the middle of the road and I rolled off the scooter. I didnt think I had a scratch on me, but after further investagation, I have a large bump on my head, my neck has a bad crick in it, a scratch under my eye, scratches on my upper arm, my wrist has a bruise on it and hurts when I touch it, might be sprained, I have a large bruse on my right thigh, a bruise on my knee and a long scratch on my right shin. I also ripped my jean skirt...a small rip, near my shin. My whole body is sore this morning, more sore on my right side than anywhere else, cause thats where I landed. I had a horrible nights sleep. Which is to say, I didnt get much sleep due to pain.

It could be much much worse, and I am thankful.

I wanna say to all the scooter/moped wannabe riders in here....they are FUN, and FAST, BUT....be real careful on those turns...they dont turn as easy as you would think, and you need to slow down more than you realize. I was going about 25-30 when I started to slow down, and I might have been going abot 15 when I actually made the turn...that doesnt seem like a whole lot, but it is when you are on it. I had already been riding it for awhile, and thought I knew what I was doing, but stuff happens.

So anyway, thats my story, and thats why I didnt get back online last night, I was too sore when I got home, it was after midnight, and I just went to bed. I do have this picture of me that was taken several hours BEFORE I decided to do my own stunts. :)

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

JonathanHarper

Quote from: Jennie-lynnie on October 19, 2008, 04:58:35 AM
Quote from: Jonathan on October 18, 2008, 07:37:27 AM

Doing great, how about you ?

I'm alright! Just busy. lol

That's great to hear!

Quote from: MelodyB on October 18, 2008, 11:34:47 AM

Re-posted for Jonathan, Justin, Jennie, Mom, Dad, Giggles and Trisha, and those who dont read the sharing thread. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am fine. Somewhat. I was making a right turn, and I didnt slow down enough, and I hopped the curb in the middle of the road and I rolled off the scooter. I didnt think I had a scratch on me, but after further investagation, I have a large bump on my head, my neck has a bad crick in it, a scratch under my eye, scratches on my upper arm, my wrist has a bruise on it and hurts when I touch it, might be sprained, I have a large bruse on my right thigh, a bruise on my knee and a long scratch on my right shin. I also ripped my jean skirt...a small rip, near my shin. My whole body is sore this morning, more sore on my right side than anywhere else, cause thats where I landed. I had a horrible nights sleep. Which is to say, I didnt get much sleep due to pain.

I wanna say to all the scooter/moped wannabe riders in here....they are FUN, and FAST, BUT....be real careful on those turns...they dont turn as easy as you would think, and you need to slow down more than you realize. I was going about 25-30 when I started to slow down, and I might have been going abot 15 when I actually made the turn...that doesnt seem like a whole lot, but it is when you are on it. I had already been riding it for awhile, and thought I knew what I was doing, but stuff happens.

So anyway, thats my story, and thats why I didnt get back online last night, I was too sore when I got home, it was after midnight, and I just went to bed. I do have this picture of me that was taken several hours BEFORE I decided to do my own stunts. :)

Mel, sorry to say this but when I read the posting and saw the picture, I died laughing.. I wish I could have been there, that's so funny !

MelodyB

Yeah I know. I was laughing too...the worst part about it was...I was riding BEHIND Candi, she was on the motorcycle, and there was a truck with a stranger in it behind ME. He saw me, and he stopped, and he asked if I was ok....SOOOO EMBARASSING. Hurt my pride. LOL

I could not WAIT to get back to the house and tell Justin though, he laughed SOOO HARD!! 

JonathanHarper

Quote from: MelodyB on October 19, 2008, 08:28:07 AM
Yeah I know. I was laughing too...the worst part about it was...I was riding BEHIND Candi, she was on the motorcycle, and there was a truck with a stranger in it behind ME. He saw me, and he stopped, and he asked if I was ok....SOOOO EMBARASSING. Hurt my pride. LOL

I could not WAIT to get back to the house and tell Justin though, he laughed SOOO HARD!! 

I am sure he did... glad to see that you're okay

iridiscente

That's a beautiful picture of you Melody! Your smile is gorgeous!!!

MelodyB

LOL...you should have seen me AFTER the accident! LOL I was laughing so hard. Well...after I got the pinestraw out of my hair. LOL

JonathanHarper

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Jonathan on October 19, 2008, 06:35:29 AM
Quote from: Jennie-lynnie on October 19, 2008, 04:58:35 AM
Quote from: Jonathan on October 18, 2008, 07:37:27 AM

Doing great, how about you ?

I'm alright! Just busy. lol

That's great to hear!

Quote from: MelodyB on October 18, 2008, 11:34:47 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mel, sorry to say this but when I read the posting and saw the picture, I died laughing.. I wish I could have been there, that's so funny !
Just an FYI, Mel, that looks like a scooter not a moped.  A moped can be peddled or use the motor.

Sis

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

I had to repost, it wasn't working.  But as I was looking, it seems like they are calling some things mopeds that you don't peddle now.  Mo used to stand for motor and ped stood for peddle.  And it meant you could do either. Go figure.

MelodyB

Oh wow. I would ride one of those...but if you could Mo...why would you Ped?

The Purple Fuzzy

Here's another kind that looks almost like a normal bike.

You would peddle to save gas, or if you ran out.

MelodyB

Sis

Some people back home have them. They like them because they can get their exercise by peddling, then use the mo to get back up the hills to get back home.  :laughhard:

JonathanHarper

only a few hours and we'll be leaving for Ministers Conference.. please be praying for those of us that will be speaking and meeting the District Board.. Thanks