News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

At work already. Got two I have to file petitions to revoke and send back to prison,...already. One things for sure, there'll always be a need for my job. People are stupid.
I'd like to add to the list of TBS (To Be Strangled) people. Looking forward to the weekend, although it appears it shall be raining all weekend. Fortunantly Woody the teardrop is under the RV port so I can still work on it. And Chey has decided a couple of stickers will be cool on the back of the camper. Since it is a woody style, it got named Woody. So, a sticker of Toy Story character Woody  sitting down will be on one side on the rear, saying "Where're we goin', Buzz?"  On the other side will be a sticker of Buzz, with his line from the movie-"To infinity and beyond!"
I've found the character stickers on ebay, and I'll have the lettering cut locally. After applying the stickers, I'll polyurethane over them...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Baby chicks are fun to hold! And he said to stay off of it till Friday, and don't go back to work till Monday. Hmm.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

For the moment, husband is off the strangling list.

The porch cover job is going to be bigger than anticipated due to a bad patch job on the roof by the prior owners. Bad for neighbors. Good for us because between that and other odd jobs, we probably won't have to pay rent all summer.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 26, 2016, 12:52:06 PMAt work already. Got two I have to file petitions to revoke and send back to prison,...already. One things for sure, there'll always be a need for my job. People are stupid.
I'd like to add to the list of TBS (To Be Strangled) people. Looking forward to the weekend, although it appears it shall be raining all weekend. Fortunantly Woody the teardrop is under the RV port so I can still work on it. And Chey has decided a couple of stickers will be cool on the back of the camper. Since it is a woody style, it got named Woody. So, a sticker of Toy Story character Woody  sitting down will be on one side on the rear, saying "Where're we goin', Buzz?"  On the other side will be a sticker of Buzz, with his line from the movie-"To infinity and beyond!"
I've found the character stickers on ebay, and I'll have the lettering cut locally. After applying the stickers, I'll polyurethane over them...
Pix plz.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Not sure on the "Buzz" sticker- I haven't found the perfect one yet, but I think this is the Woody sticker we'll get. Hopefully I can make it to Lowes before the bottom falls out tonight. I need a handful of more 1x2's to complete the trim, and another can of stain. Then we will be able to move to the polyurethane stage- and fenders, and lights. Dear lord, will I ever complete this...LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I love the stickers idea!! Good call, Chey!

And in the meantime...God amazes me. Truly. I got a job yesterday! A mere 4 hours after submitting my app, I landed the job! Why have I spent the last three months filling out 100+ apps (with STILL no calls, mind you) when all it took was one app and a 4 hour wait?

Starting next Saturday on the 4th, I will be working at Burger King as a drive thru cashier. Not the ideal job I wanted, but it's money...and I'll soon be going back to school and get my CNA license and I have a job waiting for me at the nursing home if I get the CNA. So.

:)

Also...even though I won't be paid till AFTER the rent is past due...once again, God provides. I have some of the best friends EVER! Several of them apparently rallied together, AGAIN, and they have already, or are sending me money towards the rent for June. I know a few of the amounts, and so far it doesn't equal my need...but I know my God and by the time the first gets here, I'll have it. ALL.

God is so faithful.

I am blessed beyond measure. In so many ways.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

That's fantastic, Mel! God has His timing, and sometimes it's exasperating to have to abide by it...

MelodyB

I couldn't have said it better myself!

I knew God was gonna provide and I tried hard to believe...but there were I few times I worried myself sick about it.

I believe, but help my unbelief...I understand that phrase SO SO much now. Lol

Roscoe

Quite possibly one of my favorite  bible passages, because I identify  with it. I try so hard to believe. ..but help my unbelief.  The humbleness in that passage the desperation. ..yeah, I see ME there. Especially  the desperate part...
Oh, and Isaac,  on the off chance that you meant pictures of the project- here be one.

SippinTea

The rest of us are super spiritual and have never struggled with anything along those lines.

*cough*

We never lie, either.

*cough cough*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

*deep breath* We decided to just go for it, and launched our Kickstarter tonight. Here goes!!!!......... We have 30 days to reach our goal. I'm super excited. And nervous. And super excited. Did I mention that? We'll see what God does with it. We've been praying for wisdom, watching for open doors, doing everything we know to do (which is obviously not enough for a project this huge), but in spite of our lack of knowledge or experience in the food industry, doors just keep seeming to open. So. I'm excited to see if God will make this Kickstarter attempt a success, too. We shall see!!

Lynx

Bobby: Actually what I wanted was a picture of those stickers, with the caption, when they are applied to the camper. It would be cute!

(Yes a guy said cute. Yes I expect my chest hair to fall out any minute now.)

Ruby: So when is the next batch of mild salsa being made? And do you have any extra-hot salsa for my uncle Fred? Also, can six jars fit in that flat-rate box? And can I mix and match mild and hot? And can you tell by all the questions that payday is tomorrow? :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

Chris is likely making one more mild batch this week, and he's already planning to do a hot prototype soonish - but hasn't given me a specific time frame yet. I'm guessing that's this week, too, just based on what his work schedule is looking like for the next 3 weeks. And with getting the Kickstarter going... I forgot to check on how many jars I can fit in a large flat-rate. Sorry! Today is insane, but I'll plan to do that tomorrow morning. If I forget again, remind me! :) And yes, you can mix and match. Technically, we've closed selling until our Kickstarter ends, but if you don't tell the fan club on Facebook, I won't tell. Besides, we had this order in the works before the Kickstarter launch, right?? Right. :D

Roscoe

Totally NOT a bee fan right now. We had 2 o'clock/potluck service meaning we got out early. I came home and took advantage of the time to slid under Rusty and put a trailer light harness on him. I was obviously wearing old clothes, which due to my weight loss fit rather loosely. At some point, a small yellow bee, like a miniature bumble bee, went exploring. This bee apparently has size altering capabilities, because he did not feel small at all.:mad:

I slide out from under Rusty, climb into the cab to move him so that I could test the harness out, and something with a 3 foot molten lava stinger stabbed me dead center of my left rear. I bellowed and couldn't get out of Rusty quick enough due to the steering wheel. I have never made such a loud quick run to the house, shedding clothes and bellering. My rear is now swollen and too sore to sit on. I found my assailant and told his dead body that I hoped he enjoyed the last sight he saw and I hope his death was as painful for him as it was for me. Stupid thing. :pound:

MelodyB

^^^This story is better than the snake story!

mini

ROFLOL

I had to share that story with my dad...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on May 29, 2016, 10:52:29 PMTotally NOT a bee fan right now. We had 2 o'clock/potluck service meaning we got out early. I came home and took advantage of the time to slid under Rusty and put a trailer light harness on him. I was obviously wearing old clothes, which due to my weight loss fit rather loosely. At some point, a small yellow bee, like a miniature bumble bee, went exploring. This bee apparently has size altering capabilities, because he did not feel small at all.:mad:

I slide out from under Rusty, climb into the cab to move him so that I could test the harness out, and something with a 3 foot molten lava stinger stabbed me dead center of my left rear. I bellowed and couldn't get out of Rusty quick enough due to the steering wheel. I have never made such a loud quick run to the house, shedding clothes and bellering. My rear is now swollen and too sore to sit on. I found my assailant and told his dead body that I hoped he enjoyed the last sight he saw and I hope his death was as painful for him as it was for me. Stupid thing. :pound:

:rotfl:

Laughing my head OFF.

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I had to share your bee story with Brandon. He wanted to know why I was cry-laughing this morning.

Dad's had a rough weekend but we knew it would be.

I worked a catering job Saturday evening. I was just told it was a wedding. I wasn't told that it was outside in middle of a hay field.  :roll:  Thankfully I start working in the store Wednesday and won't be doing so much catering. I just keep telling myself it's only for 2 months.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Day two of my job...drive thru ain't no joke...lol

Lynx

Drive through and front cash are FUN! You get to meet so many people. Some cashiers complain about the rude people, but in my experience they're only less than 1% of the people you meet.

In fact it was so much fun that if Taco Bell could have guaranteed me 40 hours a week I might still be working there, even at minimum wage.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning all. URgh. BAck at work. Got a ton of things to do too. Made me a fruit smoothie for breakfast- pineapple,mango,strawberry, plain yougurt, almond milk and a dash of local honey. Was totaly not the gravy and biscuits with a slice of ham that I wanted, but filling nonetheless. I've got to try to get back on the diet. Not gaining, pretty much maintaining, but I need to lose another 20-25 lbs...

Lynx

In local news, my new phone came yesterday. It is the current "world's smallest smartphone" and it does 4G, a critical lack in my former "world's smallest smartphone." So far I think I'll like it - which is a really good thing because if I don't like it I have no idea how I will get the SIM card back. Even tweezers probably wouldn't help.

With a name like Posh Mobile (Micro X s240) I thought it would be a rather wimpy phone built for the masses. You know, kinda like the Great Value food brand, which is neither great nor a value. But for such a small phone it seems to run programs... er, apps... pretty well.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hey! I take exception to the Great Value comment. We happen to buy alot of that brand, and to me, it's as good or better than the name brand. In regards to the phone- yeah, "Posh Mobile" makes me think you need a pink feather boa and a lap dog whle vacationing in Beverly Hills. :laughhard:

Lynx

I should rephrase that. "World's smallest ANDROID phone." There are a lot of small smartphones, most of them running very low-rate systems.
"Do you sing at church?"