News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Dad's disability went through!!!! He receives his first check mid-October and his back pay 2 weeks after that. I know that's a HUGE relief for them.

Also Brandon is getting back more financial aid than expected. We get a washer and dryer AND I GET MY KAYAK!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Yay for kayaks!

Man, there's future EVERYWHERE!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

We have a pot luck Sunday this weekend too. I'm making pot roast...gluten free so some of my friends can eat and not worry about gluten, and I'm currently trying to figure out a cake of some sort I wanna make. I may do egg free cupcakes so my little LiviBug can have some. She loves cupcakes and rarely gets to have any cause they have egg.

Oooo...i think I'll do chocolate cupcakes. Using cherry Dr Pepper in the mix instead of the egg. I've made it before...one can of soda in one box of mix makes a regular cake or cupcakes. No oil,, water or eggs needed.

I'll add some chocolate chunks I have half a bag of and maybe some cherries on top. Yeah that sounds perfect!

I love pot luck!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

You can substitute flax seed for eggs.

"Use this formula to substitute for one egg. Double for two eggs, triple for three eggs, and so on... Zero cholesterol!

Ingredients   

1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal or Golden Flaxseed Meal
3 Tbsp Water
Instructions
Combine flaxseed meal and water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Add this ingredient to your recipe as you would the eggs."

http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/flaxseed-meal-egg-replacer/

Roscoe

Today is my Chey's 10th birthday. She's growing up too fast...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I still remember how she was playing with the kids at my church and she was spinning around and around and around and around... Maybe you should get her some Dramamine for her birthday.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

The more I've researched it, I can't fit a roof rack on my car. Curses to my Tiny Car!!!! Guess I'll just have to borrow Brandon's Subaru wagon for my kayaking adventures.

Roscoe

We baptized three tonight. Had two of our youth do terrific tonight- one sang and another took over playing the drums for the first time. Really proud of them...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

:hi:

Been a day here.  Got out this morning to discover a vandal had written a vulgar word on my car's drivers side window.  Found out when I filed a police report that about every car in the neighborhood was vandalized last night.

Lynx

Thought for the day: Grouchiness is like any other contagious disease - it spreads a lot faster when you keep your mouth open.

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on July 28, 2016, 08:56:03 PM:hi:

Been a day here.  Got out this morning to discover a vandal had written a vulgar word on my car's drivers side window.  Found out when I filed a police report that about every car in the neighborhood was vandalized last night.
Kinda makes you wonder what kind of life that person has, dunnit, when his idea of a good time is doing stuff like that.

Some people I hope I will never understand.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on July 29, 2016, 12:53:48 AM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on July 28, 2016, 08:56:03 PM:hi:

Been a day here.  Got out this morning to discover a vandal had written a vulgar word on my car's drivers side window.  Found out when I filed a police report that about every car in the neighborhood was vandalized last night.
Kinda makes you wonder what kind of life that person has, dunnit, when his idea of a good time is doing stuff like that.

Some people I hope I will never understand.

I'm just thankful they didn't do anything worse to the car.  There has been cases of car windows shot out and car tires slashed in my neighborhood.

Lynx

Reading back over the posts, I have no idea why I put "dunnit" in my previous post. My only defense is yesterday was a long day.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Got little sleep last night. Our A/C was freezing up. I googled it  and came back with all kinds of scenarios, including the condenser being dirty. Wait- I remember Robbie cleaning it and showing me how a couple of years ago when they came to visit/fix everything I had neglected. He saved me from far away this time. I went to work at 6 this morning with water, a toothbrush, and finally the air compressor.
It's been running for about an hour with no freezing up; before it was a block of ice in 30 minutes. Here's praying that fixed it. Lord knows I can't afford to pay a contractor to put a new unit in, and the timing is horrible for any major malfunctions sine I'm leaving in two days for 6 weeks, not counting weekends..

Heather

Wal-Mart shorted Brandon's check by just over 100 bucks.  :roll:  When his pay stub says 1 amount and another amount is deposited in our bank account. That's an issue. Apparently it an issue when any of Brandon's team picks up a shift. So we had to go get a copy of our bank statement for him to take in today.

Today is also my last day at the diner.

Lynx

Wait, what?

Heather  as I understand it picking up a shift  means somebody did not come in when he should have and Brandon is filling in. if they have payment trouble every time they do this...  management is training them to not be helpful and fill in.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

We just got back from the King family picnic. Brandon is already taking a nap. lol. It makes me happy that he gets along with [some] people from church as well as he does. Him and Steven [Alona's stepbrother. I think that's the relation...] get along really well. We are supposed to go shoot guns with them sometime soon.

Mom has said her peace and counted to 3 concerning our trip. There is no way for all 3 of us to fit in 1 car WITH dad's oxygen machine. Dad is insisting on taking his new[er] car so I was just going to follow them in my car. Well, I'm in need of new tires but it's not horrible yet. Mom had a dream that she watched me fly off Interstate 75 in Ohio in the rain so she is making me take her car instead. I understand all the reasons but I'm more comfortable in my car. Sigh.

Church tomorrow then a friend's baby shower in the evening.

Lynx

Ask your mother if maybe it's driving an unfamiliar car that will make you fly off the interstate?

...Man, that's a really cheerful thought. :-/  Hush Isaac.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

No. It was my car in her dream. I've driven hers plenty of times before. Also I got a recall for my passenger side airbag but Toyota doesn't have the parts yet. Their advice was just don't let anyone sit on that side.  :roll:

mini

Well, Roscoe has arrived at prison, aka, boot camp, aka, police academy.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

And I made it through the first day. A mile and a half in 18:45.
 I wasn't the last in though

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 01, 2016, 02:57:29 AMAnd I made it through the first day. A mile and a half in 18:45.
 I wasn't the last in though
Hmm... I remember a church get-together I was at one time. First we ate, then we played softball. Between those two, some of us were sitting on the bleachers waiting for the rest to straggle out to the ball field. A friend challenged me to a race around the inside perimeter of the baseball field, so we took off running. About 3/4 the way around, he drops to a walk. I jogged on in and sat down. He walked up to the bleachers, leaned against them and said, "Man (pant, pant) gatorade LIES, man!"
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ugh. Getting up to go do pt. Going to be a long day. Had trouble sleeping last night, felt kinda poorly. Worried myself that I was having heart problems.  Prayed about it and it went away, probably just a panic attack.
Fixing to go do an hours' worth of pt stuff, situps, pushups, ect. I'm  really not enjoying  this. Oh, and the promised  wifi.....haven't found it yet. My data plan is fixing to eat up all of my rollover data. And I only have access to the phone at lunch and after 5, so if any of you text me, I can't answer until then.

Lynx

ATTENTION ALL HANDS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! MESSAGE-BOMBING COMMENCES NOW!

:cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I wonder if we should tell Roscoe the dount is a lie...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller