News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm glad your gals are ok. What a mess.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on July 29, 2020, 04:23:07 AM:hi: Jenn! Good to see ya again.Have you found a new church home?

Not like anything official. I've been going with friends that go to a church in Dallas.
Just weird times with covid and stuff. The pastor doesnt encourage lingering/talking after.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Had a lot of running around to do today.  borrowed my mom's van since the alternator in my vehicle is dead.  Had drive out of town to go deposit a ladies retreat refund check in my credit union account.  Then had to go talk to the insurance company to fix something for new bank that now has my house mortgage.  Then had to drive to another town to pay my house payment.  I'll be glad when the new alternator comes in so I don't have to borrow my mom's van for out of town errands.

Roscoe

Definitely weird times. We've been super careful....then sunday a members' family member came to visit at church. Said family member believes masks are infringing upon her rights and has been very vocal.... Monday, she tested because she felt poorly. Yep- positive. So now I've shut our church down through next Sunday, encouraged my people to keep an eye on themselves, and will do a deep cleaning Saturday. If no other cases pop up , maybe we can have church again on the 9th.
 :pound: Can we please get back to normal church problems?!!?
Right now all I can do is pray that no one in our little church gets sick... I tell you, my plate is full this month. I'm over July. Covid,dealing with church sickness, double and triple the work at my workplace, Lou's wreck..Sheesh. I know I'm blessed and much better than many,but how about a slight let-up? LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

So is the church member's family member at least less vocal now about personal rights and infringement thereof? Or has nothing been learned here?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I'm not seeing as many conspiracy posts....
And in sharing- it's official. The other party had no insurance. Rough estimate on Lou's car is $11k in damage. My insurance will be taking care of us. I suspect we will be car shopping within the next week or two. I wanted to cry. That car was SO beautiful and our family loved it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I'm SOO over Covid. Having 32 pharmacies with probably about 12 being covid testing sites is killing me. Especially in my Tulsa market. Cus they can't work if they have symptoms. They have to go get tested and wait the 2-10 days for results. And last minute coverage when I'm already understaffed succcckksssss.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Wait... Bobby, the Lincoln was Lou's car? I thought maybe she was using it for the day or something...

I seem to remember you admitting you had done been took with old age and started liking the smoother ride of the Lincoln. Was that just a phase you were going through?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 30, 2020, 09:35:39 PMWait... Bobby, the Lincoln was Lou's car? I thought maybe she was using it for the day or something...

I seem to remember you admitting you had done been took with old age and started liking the smoother ride of the Lincoln. Was that just a phase you were going through?
Oh, it was 110% Lou's car. Her baby, even. We have always operated like this- we have one nice vehicle. It is the family car used for road trips, church, and Lou's daily driver. The other things we have are my choice of vehicles which are usually ancient, lacking air conditioning, and generally not something you would take long distance. The exception was my last Corvette- it was nice, dependable and had a/c, so of course my dumb butt sold it.
I keep Rusty road trip ready, but let's face it- no a/c, a tiny cab, and minimal windshield wipers regulate it to trips only with someone who doesn't mind those things. That would be me.
I get to ride in Lou's vehicle on trips and church trips. So, yes, I HAVE gotten to like the smoother ride, and had dreamed of getting me a nice truck with some of those features. Unfortunately, I suspect the events of the past week have pushed that thought further away from me. Everything I'm finding comparable to what we had is about $6 grand more than what I owed. This means either we settle for less, which I really don't want to do- Lou works her tail off and all she's ever really asked for was a nice vehicle- or spend more, which means longer to pay off.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Ashlee

Lynx

Wow. Old Home Week.  Howdy Melody and Ashlee.
"Do you sing at church?"

JonathanHarper

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on July 31, 2020, 08:49:27 AM:hi:

Remember me?

:faint:

'bout time, Mel! We've been missing you. You too, Ashlee. Good to see you guys coming outta the woodworks...what's been going on?? Jonathan is apparently before my time, lol. But hi!
In sharing- this morning I have gotten up early at a coworkers request. They wanted homemade biscuits. So I'm cooking breakfast for the crew. Homemade buttermilk biscuits; fresh from the farm sausage; scrambled eggs; and juice/milk. I draw the line at gravy. I'm not standing over the stove for an hour, stirring so it won't have lumps...

Backseat Radio

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

Lynx

Three in a row and I get suspicious... Has somebody been out campaigning for people to return?

Anyway, howdy Jonathan. I'm the local music nerd.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
And just like that, our revival has flown the coop. LOL
Got up today and spent most of the day looking for and test driving vehicles. My lord, prices have risen.
Looked at a beautiful new Ram 1500. Lou thought she wanted a truck. Love it. Loved everything about it, in fact, until we began on the price. I quickly found out that the one we looked at- not a loaded-with-leather-finery, but a fairly low end model- was priced IN THE MID $40k's. No. No, I cannot pay over 3/4 of what I paid for my house for a pickup!!
Even a slightly used model with 26k miles was north of $30k.
Right now, I am undecided what to do. We found a nice older Ford F150 with under 100k on it for $13k, and my choice- a one owner '98 GMC Jimmy that is in perfect condition. I love the Jimmy because it's $3500, has ice cold air and hot heat, and is a cash car- meaning my budget would benefit from the lack of a car payment. Right now, that is the way we are leaning- in a year or two, if Lou wants, we will be better positioned to buy Lou a newer ride, and Chey can take the Jimmy for a daily. It's a drag being an adult. You gotta say no to all those things you want that everyone else said no for you when you were younger. Years ago, the finance manager would've said "No" for me...today, He smiles and offers to let me take the $30k+ truck AND a mid $20k Challenger I glanced at.
Dangerous ground for an impulse buyer with a love for autos. Dangerous ground...

The Purple Fuzzy

Saturdays are always slow around here.

Truck prices are ridiculous now days.

Lynx

I couldn't even afford new tires for one of these behemoths that people consider normal pickup trucks these days.

What happened to the tiny Datsuns and Nissans I grew up with? They were solid, dependable, small, did a lot of work and still easy to find a parking space for.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

You ain't lying. I was amazed by both the Ram and the F150....I could LIVE in the cab. They are massive. I remember the little D50 Dodges, the S10's, the Rangers.... They don't even MAKE a true compact anymore.

The Purple Fuzzy

That makes absolutely no sense to me. I liked the small trucks.

Nelle

It makes me sick to know that vehicles cost as much as my house, hahaha.

@Work.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's crazy the amount some folks spend on car payments each month... and rent. :o