News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I guess I'm officially  old.  :roll:
Matching furniture calms my borderline OCD down, and makes me happy.
Other proof of my old age is the fact that my right shoulder hurts so bad I can't hardly move it this morning. I'm thinking the tile work will be limited today..:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 20, 2017, 03:39:15 PMStill on the hunt for a mid-century modern dresser.

If you lived near me I would definitely hook you up with my friend Hannah. She runs a couple booths at antique shops around here but also has I think 3 storage units filled with mid-century mod furniture. She has a Fiesta collection I drool over every time she posts a picture with it either in it or in the background. Her IG is bowmanvintage if you ever want to check out what she has.

Back at work. My boss decided to have mercy on me and I also get a day off on Wednesday before the chaos begins.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

I survived the weekend!!

True.. surgery is barbaric. He will surely become intolerable on Friday.. His liquid fast starts then and goes until his surgery (and technically beyond haha). I can't wait... she says with a heavy sigh. haha..  I'm thankful that he is able to do something that will help him in the long run tho. No meds, possibly no back surgery, plus a healthier lifestyle for both of us.

Work today. My parents surprised me yesterday and drove 3 hours to have church and eat lunch with us for my birthday. I very much appreciated it. :) 

I'm thoroughly enjoying the current weather.. It's really too bad this kind of weather can't be 24/7 haha.

Roscoe

Well. I worked in spite of my shoulder. Managed to get all the tile mortared down. Now to let it sit and dry for 48 hours. Hopefully Thursday night I can grout it, and by Saturday we'll have Chey moved in and the trim down. Then  on to the next project..painting her mid century dresser. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on February 20, 2017, 05:50:24 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 20, 2017, 03:39:15 PMStill on the hunt for a mid-century modern dresser.

If you lived near me I would definitely hook you up with my friend Hannah. She runs a couple booths at antique shops around here but also has I think 3 storage units filled with mid-century mod furniture. She has a Fiesta collection I drool over every time she posts a picture with it either in it or in the background. Her IG is bowmanvintage if you ever want to check out what she has.

Back at work. My boss decided to have mercy on me and I also get a day off on Wednesday before the chaos begins.

No fair!  :noo:

You can find them here. They're just on the upwards of $800-$1,000.
Me needs like $200....lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Went to work today, despite sleeping poorly and feeling even more poorly. At 11, I got called saying Chey was sick at school and had to be picked up. So here I am at the house, still not feeling well, with a huge crockpot of vegetable beef stew on and studying for Wednesday night, since I have to preach.

Heather

Brandon had to have a tooth pulled this morning.

I got to work early around 1:45 to the shop being locked and dark. I opened up and called my boss. Despite 2 conversations [1 via text and the other via talk] that she worked 11-2 today, she forgot.  :roll: If she doesn't watch it, I'm not putting her on the schedule....ok. Not really. But maybe she will be in more of floater role [which I know she will enjoy].

I had the smoothie shop message me this morning if I wanted to pick up some time. #1 I feel like I have my hands plenty full here. #2 They guy who drunkenly threatened to kill me still works there. Think I'm gonna pass on that.

Trying to figure out if I can afford to go to women's conference next month. I'm already pinching pennies to try to figure out when I can get down to see Mel again. Sigh. To be independently wealthy would be cook about now.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

I'm tarred. And feathered.

*sigh*

I need Roscoe to come preach for me Sunday so I can take the weekend off.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on February 22, 2017, 06:17:02 PMI'm tarred. And feathered.

*sigh*

I need Roscoe to come preach for me Sunday so I can take the weekend off.

:ugly:
:pound: I was just thinking I need you to come preach for me. LOL. I can't be two places at once and with Bro Wilson out of commission, my plate is full...

Lynx

Well... I'm not preaching anywhere lately, but I can't get there and back in time to go to work. Also, who would pick up the bus kids?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Currently enjoying my lunch break. It's been a busy few days. Ready for this weekend. I plan to complete Chey's floor and get her moved in, then begin measuring for my bookcases. I'm gonna cover every square bit of wall space I have with 'em. :lol:

Lynx

I'm getting tired just reading your updates. But it sounds like an awesome place to store all of my CDs.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

LORD. Got a call after I posted at lunch- county guys decided to raid a house two of my peeps lived in. Drugs, sex, and guns. Fun. So I wound up helping search a house I didn't want to even go in, then got back to the office in time to finish the day up with paperwork.

Got home and wound up taking Lou and Chey to Lowes, buying grout, and since our washing machine has been making noise like a bearing going out- it's so loud now you can't hold a conversation in the living room with it running- we shopped for a washing machine. I'm tired of patching this one and my local appliance parts house advised me that the bearing that in all likelihood was going out would cost me $300. We wound up buying a cheap little top loader Lowes had on sale for that $300. It had overall good reviews, so maybe we can get a few years out of it. The $500 front loader we currently have has lasted around 9 years before everything went south, so if we can get four or five years out of this, I'll be happy
 I got home with the grout, and in a fit of energy began grouting the floor. Didn't take long to realize 1) once started, you can't quit because the grout will dry out; 2) I really didn't want to do that; and 3) I did it anyway. I'm  currently dying with pain, specifically knee and back. But all I have to do tomorrow is mop/steam the floor and seal the grout lines, and re-install the baseboards. Then one more project off the list...

Lynx

I can't remember who it was, but someone here was talking about living in a house that had plywood subfloor with tile/grout over it, so every time you walk across the floor it flexes and grout chips away and you have to sweep it up all the time.  It was many a moon ago though.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on February 24, 2017, 11:35:08 AMI can't remember who it was, but someone here was talking about living in a house that had plywood subfloor with tile/grout over it, so every time you walk across the floor it flexes and grout chips away and you have to sweep it up all the time.  It was many a moon ago though.

That was Melody's old house I think. And it was true. And it hurts when you step on it before you sweep it up. Lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 24, 2017, 05:58:34 PMTile needs to go on a cement foundation to work right.
It also should be installed by someone other than me. Although it came out fine, I'm not sure that I came out fine...lol.
And that's one plus for us- our home is a slab foundation so I don't have to worry about flex..

MelodyB

Quote from: sunlight on February 24, 2017, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: Lynx on February 24, 2017, 11:35:08 AMI can't remember who it was, but someone here was talking about living in a house that had plywood subfloor with tile/grout over it, so every time you walk across the floor it flexes and grout chips away and you have to sweep it up all the time.  It was many a moon ago though.

That was Melody's old house I think. And it was true. And it hurts when you step on it before you sweep it up. Lol.

Yes, that was our house before the flood. And when you step on it, instead of a bad word, we all started yelling "GROUT!!!"

Yep. Good times. Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

I done went old school. Lou wanted an entertainment center to put our DVDs in. I found an solid oak with glass doors entertainment center for $35 at a flea market. Evidently it was designed for old 27 to 32 inch tvs, and the new flat screens don't fit. Figuring at that price it was a steal, I bought it. Put our monitor on top, and went out to the shop, where my circa 1995 Pioneer stereo that I bought straight after high school for $2,000 lived. It cleaned up nicely, has a 25 disc CD changer, am/fm and cassette. Now, I know the CD player and the stereo work- no idea on the cassettes. But I put the tower in the place the tv was supposed to go. It fit nicely and the big honking speaker fits behind the center. I can jam now. :freaky2:  Mike Bowling, Kenny Hinson, and heaven help us all if I get wild and throw in the Manuel Family band or my White Cross. I can vibrate things off of the fridge when the bass hits. The neighbor's fridge. :laughhard:

Lynx

A 25-disk CD changer... but does it have an aux port? With the prevalence of smartphones, aux ports have come back in style.

No matter. With a cassette adapter, the cassette player can double as an aux. Gotta have one though - these days it's just unheard of to not have a way visitors can connect their phones and play their tunes.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local news, I might be evil. I'm not sure.

At work a woman was complaining about something. Someone else mentioned there was a reason for the thing she was complaining about, and finished with, "So you really can't complain about it."

I immediately thought to myself, "Boy did you ever underestimate her! She can complain about anything."

Does that make me evil or just perspicacious?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Day 5 trillion and three since I've had a chance to actually rest on a "day off".
 I am so ready to relax. So much to do though...I did get Lou's washer installed though.

The Purple Fuzzy