News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

An exhortation...

Started by Raven180, March 25, 2014, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven180

Hi, All

I want to share something that happened yesterday, Sunday the 23rd. I feel it's important to do so. It's not overly long or deep, but still, I think it is right that I reach out in whatever arena I can, to share. So here goes...

I am a part of a team of elders leading a local assembly in our little corner of SE WI. We have been meeting once a month for the past 6 months or so. It is very informal. We are NOT meeting to talk ministry, programs, schedules, calendars, or other "church business", like many, many leadership meetings do.

We do something else: we talk Bible, share concerns, share insights into what the Lord is doing in our church, and community. We merely talk. All is open format. None above anyone. All titles and positions are set aside. We're just brothers in a room.

We meet in homes, usually but not always mine, and have some food and/or a beverage. It's very relaxed, but also very edifying. There is no real agenda. God is definitely involved. We are being changed in some timely, dramatic ways (time and privacy doesn't permit a full disclosure, however).

So yesterday, after some conferral, we felt that our latest meeting should be devoted more to talking with God than with each other. We did of course chat, and honestly, in our personal discussions, we could all tell that God was using the different people in the room (five in all) to speak to us. There was comfort, edification, revelation, and exhortation for the souls present. Some of the people present are really going through some hard things. But God used the time to help them.

And then, God impressed upon us that the time for brother to brother discussion was at an end. It was time to seek Him. We began to pray. The Spirit fell in my living room. Each was led by their Head, even Christ, according to the will of God. Some wept and interceded before God. The charismata operated (Diverse tongues and interpretation) and a word of knowledge shared privately afterward. One brother was used to go and minister to the others, demonstrating a new level of growth, maturity, and gifting.

It was all quiet beautiful, and sanctified by the Lord.

I share all of that to share this (and take it for what it is; if it doesn't apply, let it fly, as the saying goes):

While all this was happening, I felt the Lord showing me a vision, if you will, in the which He made it clear that many pastoral and leadership teams are NOT doing what we were doing yesterday, when they meet and plan. Instead, it's just business as usual. After this was imparted, the understanding behind it was the following: that's why the movement is where it is (i.e. in a falling [not fallen] state).

So here is my exhortation:

If you are a part of your local assembly's leadership teams, or have access to them, I encourage you and your fellow ministers, that if you are not having these kind of meetings, especially to pray and seek the Lord (meaning shelve all the other "church business" and make the reason you are meeting together about Jesus) that you seriously consideration starting.

I don't imagine that this isn't happening elsewhere. I am SURE it is. But what awesome things the Lord could do in the Church if this happened more and more.

I leave you will this:

Acts 13:1-2,

Quote1. Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2. As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

This was the beginning basis of why we all began to meet. To minister to the Lord, not to do business as usual.

And God is starting to do great things. Who knows what the Lord has in store down the road. Who knows what the Lord could start doing in your communities if such Acts 13:1-2 meetings start taking place in your church, among your elders.

Peace and God bless,

Aaron
Luke 12:24,

24. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them...

Melody

That is awesome and sounds like the very backbone of the Apostolic faith, a prayer mtg.  That's how all cell groups and prayer mtgs should be.  Smaller groups serve the purpose of discretion and intimacy but the gifts should always be in operation in every prayer mtg and the liberty to do so.  If this is unique to someone, it shouldn't be. 

This is how revelation comes. 

There is always a warning however.  That at some point, the demonic will try and infiltrate and lead astray.   There has to be solid doctrine being taught and persevering integrity.   Staying connected to the Church protects from a small group going off the deep end.  Unfortunately, many are too afraid of the challenge from the devil to even seek God with that ferver and let the HG use people.  Many leaders don't even teach their people about the gifts so that there would be decency and order.  They cut themselves of at the knees.   

We cannot go wrong seeking God with integrity.  It's times like those that brings revival and revelation.  It is the HOLY GHOST that leads and guides to all truth.  It's how we have as much as we have thus far!  We have not arrived to all there is, God still has a work to be finished.