News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on August 27, 2013, 10:41:59 PM
Quote from: mini on August 27, 2013, 09:23:37 PM
Luzianne Tea is the way to go.  :ugly:
Communist. :pound: Lipton's is the ONLY way for iced tea. And it should be made with two cups of sugar per gallon. If you can't use it for syrup in a pinch, it ain't right. :hypocrite:

I think you're thinking of his coffee.  He drinks Communist coffee.

:P  @ Mini

Lynx

all those brands - Lipton, Tetley, Luizianne - are made with very low quality tea. look on the package. It will say either pekoe or orange pekoe at the highest. real tea is at least three grades higher.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 28, 2013, 03:20:54 AM
all those brands - Lipton, Tetley, Luizianne - are made with very low quality tea. look on the package. It will say either pekoe or orange pekoe at the highest. real tea is at least three grades higher.
Snob.  :pound:

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 28, 2013, 03:15:26 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 27, 2013, 10:41:59 PM
Quote from: mini on August 27, 2013, 09:23:37 PM
Luzianne Tea is the way to go.  :ugly:
Communist. :pound: Lipton's is the ONLY way for iced tea. And it should be made with two cups of sugar per gallon. If you can't use it for syrup in a pinch, it ain't right. :hypocrite:

I think you're thinking of his coffee.  He drinks Communist coffee.

:P  @ Mini
:pound: He IS a Communist...as in an enemy of all that is good. He don't like lasagna, or chocolate gravy, or Lipton tea. The ONLY redeeming qualities the man has is that he owns Sam the '52, is a good friend and a good minister. Thus, I shall pray for him. :hypocrite:

Morning all. Back at work. Bro Papa goes for his first carpral tunnel ? surgery today. I'm supposed to teach tonight, I found out yesterday when he discovered the surgery would be that quick. I have no idea what to teach, I have a big event today at work which may delay my getting home where I have to be by 4 pm....Life couldn't get any more stressul today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

Quote from: Newsman on August 27, 2013, 01:10:00 PM
Hmm .... interesting. Oh, Mini, I may need to talk with you about a project...

Quote from: Roscoe on August 25, 2013, 12:16:57 PM
Woke up screaming at 10:30, dreaming I had a snake crawling up my leg, which is a garunteed way to make me move, as I am deathly scared of them...

MelodyB

Sitting in the parking lot of the Drs office. Dad is gonna tell them he just wants them to cut off part of his foot, not his leg. I'm not sure that's gonna work, but there is no talking to him.

Tomorrow is one year since we lost everything in our house.

I'm on the verge of running away, but the problems won't go away if I do.

So that's my share. More down than normal but it is what it is.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

I'm sorry, Mel.

I don't know all the details of your life but it seems that you have taken on problems that don't belong to you or solely you,  and that totes responsibility of them.  I know you've done it out of love.

That is commendable.  I would not do the same.  Truly the love of Christ sustains you and is a testimony toward your parents when they stand before God.

I love you and am praying for you today.  You are a sweet, kind lady.

Melody

*wonders if there is a men's fashion magazine where the men don't seem effeminate*

I don't understand why people look to them. Seems counter productive. I don't look at butch women for how to dress.

Lynx

I wouldn't know, I don't pay attention to men's fashion magazines.  I have my own style and it works well for me.

I feel sorry for the editors of men's fashion magazines though.  I mean, have you noticed real men's fashions?  No, you haven't, because they never change all that much.  The styles in men's fashion magazines are things most men don't wear, but they have to have SOMETHING to print.  If they stuck to reality they would have maybe half an issue filled.  They'd go out of business.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Must not get out much - cus I see just as much of the men's fashion magazine "fashion" as I do peoples own style. lol

Living in a millions of people metropolitan area....I see EVERY thing. Gay or straight....I see men's fashion magazine styles ALL over.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I sit corrected (mostly because I'm too lazy to stand corrected.)  Living in a small town in Tennessee, I suppose I've lived a sheltered life. And I think I'll stay here.  Your city sounds... creepy.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Maculinity is SO attractive.  It doesn't need dolled up.  It's not about certain colors per say, but how it's all cut and put together.  I'm in a metro and belong to a metro church.  Clean, modest, even some personality is great, but it seems to have escalated to a height of vanity that takes away from any idea of masculinity. I see it has been finding place in church, in some youth, not all.  With the "artistic" which seems more like a stage for vanity. 

I just don't dont get it when it makes a guy seem not so guyish.  Young guys already still have a soft reminiscance of childhood. It seems exploited.

MelodyB

Surgery to remove half of dads remaining foot is scheduled for next Wednesday. Then he will stay in the hospital (THANK YOU JUSUS!) for at least three weeks so he an stay off the foot/leg while it heals and try doing hyperbarics again. He will do dialysis in house, in his bed, so there's no transfers from chair to truck and chair and all that and risk falls or open his stitches. (again THANK YOU JESUS!) he will be looked after 24/7, meals and all stuff taken care of for three weeks!!

That's a load off me! At least for the time being, and if he can do the hyperbarics, then maybe, just maybe THIS time, he will heal up.

That's the goal.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Mom just said that Furby ate a red sudafed pill! Yay!

Maybe this is it!

The Purple Fuzzy

Don't count on it.  You can even take sudafed when you're preggo and they won't hurt anything.

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on August 28, 2013, 12:00:21 PM
Quote from: Newsman on August 27, 2013, 01:10:00 PM
Hmm .... interesting. Oh, Mini, I may need to talk with you about a project...

Quote from: Roscoe on August 25, 2013, 12:16:57 PM
Woke up screaming at 10:30, dreaming I had a snake crawling up my leg, which is a garunteed way to make me move, as I am deathly scared of them...
:uzi: :uzi:
And for the rest of you nutsos.... :pound: I got the relieving message that another minister in the church will speak briefly tonight- he used the phrase "sermonette"- so I won't have to worry about too much of a message. I ain't scared anyway, God will give me what He needs. Right now, I'm planning on speaking from Matthew 24, on the "signs of the times"....I am not big on getting into prophecy teaching, simply because I have saw people get so hung up in prophecy they lose sight of what is important, which is being saved at all costs.
Truthfully, I feel that all is important is that we know that God WILL bring us through whatever...I'm more concerned about ensuring that we do all we can to save the lost rather than seeing what's gonna take place, because the end of the game, we win! Anyhow.... :hi:

Oh- and praying for ya Mel....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

MelodyB

Im up, showered, dressed, took dad to dialysis, got mom and I a Hardees breakfast, ate, and now Im trying to will myself into the kitchen to straighten it up and figure out something low odor for supper.

Mom and I have already decided that while Dad is in the hospital for 3 weeks, we (or should I say ME) are gonna make a huge dinner of stinky liver and onions cause dad doesnt like it, and we love it. So we will take advantage of the time he is away and cant complain. Haha.

Roscoe

Sweet Lord, it is morning. Bah. But at least it's my friday.  Bro Clayton, another minister in our church, preached a good message on "Spiritual Investments" last night, thereby relieving the church of being tormented by me.
Our "biker guy" and his wife came again, making them regulars- you come to church three times with us, we adopt ya  :P. He surprised me by testifying during testimony service, thanking God for all He was doing in his life. Said that he'd had no expectations of a raise at work for a good while, yet after coming to church the past couple services, he was called into the office at work and given a substantial raise...He was giving God the credit. I see God working....and it's grand.

The Purple Fuzzy