News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

*GASP* Chel and Burrito are Taking the Dive in Sharing 485!

Started by mini, July 17, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Oooh, a mixer!   :great:  One of the best tools to have in the kitchen.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quick request for prayer, guys. My sister Tami's (you guys don't know her but she's been known to lurk here from time to time) husband was found dead this morning. He had seizure problems and was on medication for them, but apparently had a seizure last night and fell into some clothes/bedding, suffocating. My sister is having a VERY rough time with this, so please keep her in prayers. They have been together for over twenty years.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Unfortunately KitchenAid mixers, though powerful, are not *quite* powerful enough to knead sourdough bread for me.  Even with the dough hook, it bogged down and started making a funny burnt smell... They're great for just about everything else though.  Especially whipping cream.  :D

Bobby:  Ouch.  Will do bro.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

Will pray Roscoe. I'm sorry.

I LOOOOOVE my KA mixer for bread. I haven't used sourdough on it yet though.  I want to some day have the KA attachments.  A-mazing.

Great church today. Pastor's 25th pastoral anniversary. 

Newsman

Just back this afternoon and catching up.

Bobby, I'm sorry about your sister Tami's loss. I came back thru Morrilton this morning, needs factored into me heading back homeward. You were at work then, anyway, right?

Isaac, thanks for the tour guiding, but most of all the friendship. I am happy to have a face (dysfunctional, maybe, but still a face,) to go with our conversations. Isaac's grandmother rocks, and it COULD Potentially be Alleged I threw my fellow bachelor brother under the bus (once or twice or ...)

The only really serious flaw I saw in Isaac was that he has apparently been brainwashed into believing Oklahoma is occupied North Texas, when it is actually Texas is actually the Land Only Fortunate Enough To Be Next To Oklahoma.

Bobby, I will have to arrange the alternative transport we discussed :)

I visited 7 states in 10 days, drove 2744 miles, toured three Civil War and two Revolutionary War sites.

The burns are healing I started the trip with,. Isaac.

Bobby, after rain follows a native Oklahoma son to your blighted state, you Still make fun of us?  :nono:

Everything still on for Sat. the 10th in Natchidotches?

I see the fiasco that was not a meetup last year is still a topic. I won't pretend that I find it a happy topic.

John  :waving:

MelodyB

My friend Ian died last year for that that very reason. He had a seizure and suffocated himself while in bed. Funny, I have been thinking and talking about him quite a bit the last 4 or five days. His death anniversary date is coming up in October.

I had an amazing weekend! Kimber is just as hilarious as ever! Her house is so cute! And her Brother, parents and I got along great while we were at their house, and I managed NOT to slap her sister, although tempted to several times. :smirk2: We had a great time at our friends party, ate ourselves silly at a Chinese buffet, and then caught her Mama  up on all the latest news while gorging out some more on junk food. When we FINALLY crashed into bed at almost midnight, we had serious discussions on baby names and other life topics...and she only had to wake me up once and tell me I was talking in my sleep. (typical) We got up early this morning for church and sunday school, I made coffee for us to drink during class, and then had an amazing shoutdown, snot running worship service.

I think the weekend was a success! I came home and ate leftovers, and took a nap. Twas a good day.

Now I think Im gonna go make some cheese and bean CASE-A-DILL-A-S.  (I cant spell that word, and apparently my spelling is so off that even after several tries, spell check still doesnt have a clue...so I sounded it out.)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quesadillas.  :). Oops Heather beat me to it.

What an awesome 24hrs for you Mel!

I'm so glad for the body of Christ. Full of love, grace, and forgiveness. The church moves forward.  And I'm thankful for the leading of the Spirit, even if its not convenient or fits into MY plans or that I understand it.

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on August 04, 2013, 09:57:12 PM
Just back this afternoon and catching up.

Bobby, I'm sorry about your sister Tami's loss. I came back thru Morrilton this morning, needs factored into me heading back homeward. You were at work then, anyway, right? Yes sir, I was at work. Sorry to have missed ya..

Isaac, thanks for the tour guiding, but most of all the friendship. I am happy to have a face (dysfunctional, maybe, but still a face,) to go with our conversations. Isaac's grandmother rocks, and it COULD Potentially be Alleged I threw my fellow bachelor brother under the bus (once or twice or ...)

The only really serious flaw I saw in Isaac was that he has apparently been brainwashed into believing Oklahoma is occupied North Texas, when it is actually Texas is actually the Land Only Fortunate Enough To Be Next To Oklahoma.  ONLY flaw?!?  :laughhard:  :P

Bobby, I will have to arrange the alternative transport we discussed :) 'Tis quite possible we may see you in Texas the tenth.... :P

I visited 7 states in 10 days, drove 2744 miles, toured three Civil War and two Revolutionary War sites. Jealous.

The burns are healing I started the trip with,. Isaac.

Bobby, after rain follows a native Oklahoma son to your blighted state, you Still make fun of us?  :nono:  Bubba, I'd make fun of Oklahoma if a neverending pot of Gold followed you to my house. It's what Arkies do.  :P

Everything still on for Sat. the 10th in Natchidotches?

I see the fiasco that was not a meetup last year is still a topic. I won't pretend that I find it a happy topic. Meh, probably best in the past.

John  :waving:
And thanks to all for the prayers. They are appreciated.  :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Newsman on August 04, 2013, 09:57:12 PM

The only really serious flaw I saw in Isaac was that he has apparently been brainwashed into believing Oklahoma is occupied North Texas, when it is actually Texas is actually the only Land Fortunate Enough To Be important.

Truth. ;)
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Mel, I just reread your post. You wrote that how it sounded and Heather said phonetically correct.  Either I misunderstand or you pronounce the 'll's?  If so I'm am totally tickled. It's pronounced Case-uh-dee-yas.  Not as in accent or region but in all actuality, that is how the word is pronounced.

I might be totally misunderstanding but if you pronounce the L's, I need to call you and hear this!  :D

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

My sister and I pronounce it with the ll's haha
we say case-a-dilla's.....like armadilla....Texans....we're allowed to. haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 05, 2013, 03:15:15 PM
It's Mexican. Pronounce it "inedible". Good enough.:P

Arkansasians.... :roll:

I love Mexican food. Tamales are my fav. And tacos. Mmm we have so many tex-mex restaurants it's ridiculous! lol you can't live in Texas and not like mexican food.

But then again - you do live in the state no one likes to visit cus too many cousins and sisters and brothers liking each other. :hypocrite: ha
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

BOL!  You all are cracking me up!  That's awesome right there. You are closer to the border than I am Jenn! 

Yes, Jeremy, southerners never cease to entertain me. Speaking of which, we watched a bit of Duck Dynasty awhile back and oh my word.  It's so funny, I can barely believe them to be true!

It's on my bucket list to some day visit that foreign land known as "the south."  ;P

I love GP.

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 05, 2013, 03:21:03 PM

Arkansasians.... :roll:

I love Mexican food. Tamales are my fav. And tacos. Mmm we have so many tex-mex restaurants it's ridiculous! lol you can't live in Texas and not like mexican food.

I LOVE a good chile relleno!  (Chill-ay ra-yay-no) :P 

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 05, 2013, 03:27:42 PM
BOL!  You all are cracking me up!  That's awesome right there. You are closer to the border than I am Jenn! 

Yes, Jeremy, southerners never cease to entertain me. Speaking of which, we watched a bit of Duck Dynasty awhile back and oh my word.  It's so funny, I can barely believe them to be true!

It's on my bucket list to some day visit that foreign land known as "the south."  ;P

I love GP.

hahaha I looovee Duck Dynasty. HILARIOUS show. And yes they're sooo real. We've got soooo many like em here too. haha
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

I've been craving taco's sooo bad this past week. Random I know....but I'm broke too, so can't even get one. And I've no meat, or sour cream to make any. :cry:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Booo.  How do you like your tacos Jenn? 

And Roscoe, a lot of Mexican isn't spicy. Have you tried carnitas verde?  Beans, tortillas, and cilantro lime rice is a staple which really does help even stuff out. What about fresh guacamole?  Now THAT! I could eat all day.  Made with whole food ingredients in 5min and super healthy and delicious.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 05, 2013, 03:36:48 PM

Pretty much any way (sans shredded cheese). lol
I loooove Fuzzy's Taco's (not sure if you guys have them).
They do shredded beef, lettuce, tomato, a garlic sauce that is exclusive to them, cilantro, and feta cheese. *drooling now*

I like regular tacos with meat and sour cream and lettuce and tomatoes.

I like the specialty taco's from Taco Diner (a fancy mexican place we have up here) that are grilled steak seasoned with olive oil, garlic and salt, cilantro, onion, and their specialty exclusive green guacamole sauce. This same restaurant also have these amazinggggg "tacos de brisket" - which is oven-roasted overnight, with melted cheese and sliced avacado. *drooling again*

When I make them at home, I like them meat, lettuce, salsa and sour cream.
Either flour, corn or hard-shell.

I just love tacos. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 05, 2013, 03:36:48 PM

And Roscoe, a lot of Mexican isn't spicy. Have you tried carnitas verde?  Beans, tortillas, and cilantro lime rice is a staple which really does help even stuff out. What about fresh guacamole?  Now THAT! I could eat all day.  Made with whole food ingredients in 5min and super healthy and delicious.

While avacados ARE good for you, they're also high in calories lol...
I do love me some guacamole though...oh my. Chipotle's quac is my fav.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Mmmm, chili relleno... Most of the "mexican" restaurants around here serve just tex-mex junk you could get at taco bell, but there's one place that serves real mexican food.  Where most serve a "chili relleno" that is just a slice of pepper covered in meat and cheese, they give you a whole pepper covered in cheese.  Sooooo good!
"Do you sing at church?"