News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

*GASP* Chel and Burrito are Taking the Dive in Sharing 485!

Started by mini, July 17, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

*Hugs Mel tight*  I love ya.

I had a impacting but mysterious dream once that I still don't know if I understand completely. I was a toddler in church, fell asleep on the pew and my g'pa who passed when I was 4 , picked me up and carried me to the car. I never remembered what he felt like all these years but THAT dream was so real I even smelled his scent, felt the wetness of my drool on his suit. Then I was bawling at his funeral and woke up bawling as if I was still right there. It stuck with me for days. I was to see my dad after 14yrs of not seeing him a couple weeks later. It was a big deal to me privately. Whatever all the psychology was, it was certainly connected to change in my life.

Was all that rain your tears?  Can't be fixed with a simple solution.   Psychology and spiritual dreams are fascinating to me.

I got to make 200 cookies for a thing at our church this wknd. I've never made so many so it's hard to know how much of what I'm going to need. I made 4 batches of both kinds last night and put them in the fridge.  My best success with cookies isn't so much the recipe but having cold firm dough to put into a ready hot oven.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on August 01, 2013, 09:05:37 AM
No more meatball sandwiches before bed. Apparently that was a mistake.
Yeah, that's what I say every time about eating pizza before bed.  But I still do it the next time...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Well...I got my rain.

When we left for dialysis it was dry as can be. I picked dad up at 11, it was still dry...I looked out about 1ish, and it was raining a bit but not really hard, and now for the last 2 hours its been STORMING! JUST LIKE my dream. It sounds exactly like what I heard this morning.

Rumbling and shaking the church building. The lightning has been great! And water water water. Right before it came down hard, I had to go to the store for mom...I went in it was raining, and when I got out, not 10 mins later, it was pouring. I was drenched! I got home before lightning could zap the truck though!

Yay for rain! (this time)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

It has been a slow day at work, so I have spent most of my time sorting through a lot of CDs that a friend from Oklahoma gave me. :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

I just ate the last of the leftover meatballs. Yeah I know...not a wise idea after last night, but there were only 6 left and I ate it with some leftover chicken and rice...not on garlic bread this time....so maybe that will make the difference.

I had to finish up the little leftovers we had. Now they are all gone and I feel accomplished cause there was no waste.

Roscoe

I made it through the day. Had a really uplifting moment when I discovered a post from one of our saints thanking me for obeying God last night, saying the message really touched her and changed her. It made me feel like maybe God can use me after all.  :clap:
Then I came home and mowed the yard prior to taking the lawnmower to Kim, who is having a bad week internetwise. She's like me, dial up only and the recent rains have shorted something out, so she is internet-less.  :cry:
I think I got too hot mowing though....was weak as water after I got done and had the beginnings of a headache. I sat down in the a/c and drank some water, and I'm back to full charge..
And that's sharing a la Roscoe tonight. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I woke myself up talking once last night, but no bizarre dreams that I can remember. I feel like I slept pretty good....till Dad came in here waking me up cause he couldn't find the flour.

Lynx

We just got a letter in the mail with a couple of nice pictures.  One of the pics I've already seen on the forum. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I should go check the mail.

I almost did this morning, but I decided not to. I didnt want to get out of the truck.

MelodyB

I forgot about the mail this morning when I took dad to dialysis...and I wont be driving anymore today, so I guess it will have to wait.

Im riding with someone to a baby shower in Lucedale, then Im spending the night with Kimber. Then she will bring me back home/church in the morning. I am excited! I get a whole day and night away, and get to spend it with some amazing people.

I didnt have much money, so I got the baby a hooded towel with duckies on it, with matching washclothes, and a rubber duck.

Go figure. ;)

Now Im fixing to make Mom a smoothie I guess, and get my stuff together, sweep and mop the house (as per my phone bill agreement) and then get ready to go. As of right now, I have aprox 4 hours to get that stuff done. If I hurry and do it, I can come in here and play my stupid Farm Heros game Im addicted to. :smirk2: 

MelodyB

Where is everyone?

Ive done all I said I was going to do, AND did a load of laundry, AND took a nap.

Yet I am still the only one here. Hmm.

Roscoe

I'm here. Didn't  have the best day yesterday....First I got a letter in the mail saying I'd overlooked paying the last months tuition for Cheys school, Instead of calling me, they wait and send me a bill AFTER it's accrued $40 in late fees, which they will not remove...never mind the principal has saw me numerous times since school was out without saying a word. Then I go to pay that and her registration fees, and they've upped them. Long story short I am out $500 I had to scrape up, and now I'm ticked. This next year, I will not help with any of their fundraisers which they have about twice a day it seems. They've nearly caused me to put Chey in a public school. I so don't want her to deal with that, though, I will lick their boots this time...but they are about to get me wound up.
And that's why I didn't post yesterday. I was scraping up money and twisting the budget,while struggling to remember I am a man of God, not the borderline thug/cop I was. 'Cause my inner thug REALLY wanted to come out. :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

That really stinks, Roscoe. What a blessing though that you can put your baby girl in private school. We are unable to do so and so yet another year of homeschooling for Hannah. 

Finishing a few more cookies. Then to finish up the church. I'm out of cream for my coffee but a n oatmeal peanut butter cookie dipped in it pacifies me. :)

Have a great day all!

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 03, 2013, 04:24:06 PM
That really stinks, Roscoe. What a blessing though that you can put your baby girl in private school. We are unable to do so and so yet another year of homeschooling for Hannah. 

Finishing a few more cookies. Then to finish up the church. I'm out of cream for my coffee but a n oatmeal peanut butter cookie dipped in it pacifies me. :)

Have a great day all!
It IS a blessing, and I don't mean to complain...it was just  the way they did things that annoyed me. And what I had to do to come up with that money. $500 does not grow on trees around my house. Still, I am thankful that I had the means to do so, even though it means mac and cheese for the family for a bit. Been times in my life I couldn't have done that. In fact, should it happen again, now is one of those times. :laughhard:
Homeschooling for us, sadly isn't an option. Options are 1) private school and remain broke or 2) public school, adjust Lou's hours,and be unhappy with the wordly influence on Chey. And I really don't know how well she would do in that environment. She excels in one-on-one, self-paced style environment. In a large class she might not do so well..she is easily distracted. :smirk2:

Lynx

Oh she can be focused... try distracting her from the computer game. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Phew!  I'm exhausted.

Understandable Roscoe. It's not for everyone.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 03, 2013, 10:08:32 PM
Chel had a nice shower. :)

Bout time....

Roscoe seems to have taken to ignoring me.  Had great news to share with him and he wont even respond to me.   Im writing him out of my will...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on August 03, 2013, 11:07:34 PM

Bout time....

Roscoe seems to have taken to ignoring me.  Had great news to share with him and he wont even respond to me.   Im writing him out of my will...
?? Haven't gotten a text from you since yesterday when I was complaining out the school situation....

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on August 03, 2013, 11:47:41 PM
Quote from: mini on August 03, 2013, 11:07:34 PM

Bout time....

?? Haven't gotten a text from you since yesterday when I was complaining out the school situation....

Yer gonna get a boat load of em at some point.  I have found Sam's parts heaven...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

A boat load?  How many texts does it take to fill up a boat?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy