News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

*GASP* Chel and Burrito are Taking the Dive in Sharing 485!

Started by mini, July 17, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Newsman

MelodyB

I'm in the ER with dad. He has been in severe pain since the amputation and he is convinced the bone is infected.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

MelodyB

So after three hours in the ER, we find out that dad is fine. They don't have any tangible reason that he is in so much pain. So they give him a pain shot and we head home.

We get home, he gets inside, and he realizes that he left his papers and stuff in the truck. So he asks me to go get them...I head in that direction, and as I step outside the door of our apartment, into the foyer, my foot hits the side of the ramp wrong, my ankle pops out of joint and I fell.

Worst. Pain. Ever.

I was convinced for several minutes (which felt like hours) that my ankle was broken.

Now if you know me, and my reputation for falls...my rule is DO NOT TOUCH ME! This time I was in so much pain, I was screaming, then reduced to tears, laying in the foyer. Normally, I will take a minute, recoup, and get up. I don't want any fuss. This time I just laid there crying and wondering how I was gonna get off the floor.

My friend Granny was here cleaning, and he daughter as well...they along with my parents were at my side almost immediately. Granny got a bag of ice, and promptly sat behind my legs and removed my shoe and applied ice to my ankle. Stacey went to my room and got pillows, and then a fan so I would be comfortable on the floor. Mom got some water and a pain pill, and dad retrieved his own stuff from the truck.

Granny and Stacey never left my side, and forbid me to get up even after I wanted to. Finally I was permitted to sit in a chair, and then used crutches to get in the apartment to my bed. My ankle is the size and large grapefruit, and I have carpet burn on my elbow.

This all happened at about 9:30, and it's almost 3am now. I dozed some. But now I'm in pain and can't sleep. I know it's not broken now, and I'm thankful...but boy does it ever hurt.

*sigh*

That is all.

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Backseat Radio

MelodyB

I am feeling quite a bit better today. It was a long painful night, and this morning was difficult getting a shower and dressed for church, but I made it. I wrapped it tightly with curlex and coban, stuck a sock on it and went to church and then even out to lunch. By the time I got home, I was sore, but walking fairly well.

I've napped now, and the thing that hurts the worst is my elbow from the carpet burn. My shoulder and hip are sore now too, I guess from landing on the floor. But all considering, I feel much better than I thought I would. :)

Lynx

Popped out of joint?  Yeah, that would hurt.  Glad it's not hurting as much now as you thought it would.  That's one thing you like being wrong about.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Newsman on July 19, 2013, 08:08:45 AM
Happy Friday!

A bit of Real Sharing from me - chatting with a lady from Texas that I really seem to be liking!

We return you to your regularly scheduled Friday!

John  :waving:
are her initials S. C.? :D

Newsman

Wow, are you that adept at investigating, or did she ask Adina about me? I have never had to work so hard for a phone number! :)

I actually encouraged her to check me out to see if I was for real, and include several online spots where I have work archived.

John  :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

I believe you got a glowing recommendation from Adina. :)

Backseat Radio

been a long day with 2 very boring church services, being sick from sinus drainage, and being tired from lack of sleep.  Did get to go see my grandma and put minutes on her phone for her.

Newsman

Newsman

sunlight

I ordered what people are going to throw at me today! And it's not flower petals, dead tomatoes or watermelons!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

And it's likely not traditional either like rice, birdseed or bubbles...

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller