News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

No matter what, you cannot whine- but come on in to sharing 4-2-9!

Started by Roscoe, March 12, 2011, 12:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

Of course I could. ;) The question which I've been pondering for months is... which KIND of purple fuzzy. *grin* A stuffed animal sort? A hat? A purple fuzzy blanket? The possibilities are endless here... ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 19, 2011, 04:42:29 AM
I need to head to bed.  I made 4 gallons of tea and a huge pineapple upside down cake.  I have to get up in the morning and finish the chicken spaghetti and salad.

Sounds like you're definitely gonna get them ol' geezers all sugared up.

:P

MelodyB

OY OY OY!!

Long day again today, and I'm back up at 6 again tomorrow to do it again! Lord.

I am TIRED! I have been up and running all week and I keep wondering when my day off will be. That's ok though, I'd much rather be exhausted and be taking care of my Daddy, than to be sleeping in and not have him to take care of.

But I shore am tarred!

Maybe Tuesday I can get a nap. Lol! 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

When I was up there tonight he was a lot better than yesterday. His foot is hurting him bad. They are not going to be able to amputate the toe till they find out what is wrong with his heart. So that's giving him a lit of pain. He was breathing a lot better today though. But still labored at times. They did take him off the oxygen for now. But still doing breathing treatments every two hours.

He seems happy and in good spirits though. You can call him tomorrow if you want. I can text you his number. He has been very happy to hear from all those concerned. :)

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Last night in Indiana...glad cus I miss my bed but sad cus I'm having a good time.

Got lots of inspiration and encouragement.

Got lots of new ideas for some new BIG hair-do's that would make Mel cringe haha love it!

It rained today.

We are still up and very delirious. Our flight leaves at like 5pm tomorrow.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I'm Back! Miss all kinda things when I sleep. :(  I noticed autopartsgirl's namechange immediately, but just assumed it was another one of Godplace's multiple personalities manifesting itself. :laughhard: I'm tempted to change my username to "Roscoe" officially, since everyone calls me that- thanks, cheesehead.

And ruby, would you have to knit anything to have a purple fuzzy? Looks like you could just let a cat play with a ball of purple yarn for a bit- cheesy don't call her "Rat's Nest" for nothing.  :biglaugh: Purple fuzzy could send me a piece of that upside down cake. I do everything backwards and upside down anyway, according to Lou.
Stuck at work for the next 8 hours, then I'm free. And Lou and Punkin are going to spend the night at a cousin's house, and go to the zoo tomorrow, leaving me home alone. It'll be like I'm eighteen again. Party Time! ( I'll probably fall asleep in the recliner like I did the last time they were gone for the night. :laughhard:)

Morning, all.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

five-oh you say that about "rat's nest" and then expect her to send you cake?   :roll:

Howdy y'all.  Looks like this is one of those days I'll be running on caffeine.  My own fault, I stayed up far too late arguing with this computer I'm setting up for the girls, specifically arguing with the video driver.  Grrrr...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Concert last night was amazing!! I'm now at work and exhausted! Round TWO tonight!

MelodyB

Lynx

:reaction: :reaction: :reaction: :reaction:

I don't usually use that smiley but this is just cause for it.  In all the computer reconfigurations (new computer as music computer, old music computer as new internet computer, etc) I lost an album.  For me, this is serious... I like music.  And you can't buy it in stores.  It was the Crabb Family:  Light of the World, and it was a soundtrack program for church choirs to use.  The demo is pretty good as an audio cd, but some guy keeps talking over the intros.  So what I did was, I used a bit of the soundtrack cd tracks to replace his talking.

Now I have to do the whole thing all over again... If I still have the demo and soundtrack cds that is.  Maybe I forgot to delete them from my computer at church. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Quote from: SippinTea on March 19, 2011, 04:34:45 AM
Ya know... Since BG has now become APG, we need to put out an APB* for an APB**. Just to even things out, ya know. *nods wisely*

:beret:

*All Points Bulletin
**AutoPartsBoy

This made me giggle because there was actually a guy from work I was kinda sorta talking to/dating. That is until a few weeks ago when he informed me he no longer felt I was worth the time. Them low and behold who started txt-ing me last night. Boys are stupid!!! I told him I didn't have time to deal with him. I was on my way to church. Lol

Today I'm making muffins and using my new teaketttle (which I'm overly excited about....). Cleaning out my car, flower beds in front of my house, and my closet. Now let's see how much of it I actually get done. Hehe
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

I like naming people and having it stick. :hypocrite:

JennJenn, don't let the door hit ya on your way out of the state.   :hypocrite:

Somebody is supposed to be coming for some ducks in a bit.

AND, first hatch from the incubator is happening, there are chickens starting to hatch.

mini

I'm confused and more than slightly annoyed at my confusion.  In study of a story (EDIT), I realized that I have heard it referred to more than once with more than a little poetic license.  So....

To whom it may concern:

If you decide to minister, do us all a favor and try to get the whole idea/passage in proper perspective of the Word before you present your attempt at a poetic (un)licensed gospel.

Thanks.

*goes off grumbling*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on March 19, 2011, 03:36:00 PM
I'm confused and more than slightly annoyed at my confusion.  In study of a parable, I realized that I have heard it referred to more than once with more than a little poetic license.  So....

To whom it may concern:

If you decide to minister, do us all a favor and try to get the whole idea/passage in proper perspective of the Word before you present your attempt at a poetic (un)licensed gospel.

Thanks.

*goes off grumbling*
Alright Grumbler, what parable? I need to know so I can look it up and see if the truth matches the way I've heard it. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Backseat Radio

Nelle

Headed to little rock for excursion at 2!! Woo!! They're making me drive so let's hope my lack of sleep isn't our demise!

Chseeads

Been rootin' and gommin'.  Dewinterized the chicken house - aka, took the plastic off the couple windows it was on.

Getting the garage set up to become bird brooder city for the rest of the season.

Back lift gate door on the TB has become strangely fickle and doesn't want to open part of the time.  :-?

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on March 19, 2011, 05:27:38 PM
Headed to little rock for excursion at 2!! Woo!! They're making me drive so let's hope my lack of sleep isn't our demise!
Oh, sweet Jesus. I'm in Little Rock and can't escape until 3.  :o  Heavenly Father, please deliver me from being on the same roads as Nelle. :laughhard:

I'm scared, may offer to pull a double just so I won't have to be on the road. :laughhard:

mini

Quote from: five-oh on March 19, 2011, 03:45:36 PM
Alright Grumbler, what parable? I need to know so I can look it up and see if the truth matches the way I've heard it. :biglaugh:

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 19, 2011, 04:29:46 PM
Me Too Mini!  I really want to know. 

John 6:5-10

5 When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?

6 And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.

7 Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little.

8 One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, saith unto him,

9 There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?

10 And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand.
KJV

Ok, before I get to far into this, let me say that I have been wrong twice in the last :worship: thirty seconds of my lifetime.

:P

The story goes usually something like this:

*in my best Televangalist voice*

Brothers and Sisters, *snort* Let me tell you about what happened that day. *snort*

Those crowds were hungry. *snort* (Audience yells AMEN on cue while the organ player does some WAZOOOOooooo...... on the organ)

Those crowds NEEDED something to eat! (repeat snort and Wazoo)

The apostles went out searching to see what they had and found the little boy!

And that little boy came to Jesus! (repeat snort and Wazoo along with someone breaking loose in a glorified hoedown)

HE OFFFFERED HIS OFFERING (rinse, recycle and repeat with a few more snorts and Wazoos and a tightrope walker on the back of a pew).

HE GAVE HIS ALL! (insert here...)

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, HE GAVE WILLINGLY! (WAZOO from organ has raised a octive)

HE KNEW HIS MOMMA HAD PACKED IT FOR HIM, BUT HE SHARED WITH JESUS! (Snort has been replaced with a uh-huh and the cry from the pews is near fevered.)

HE GAVE HIS BEST!!!  (Bro Joe breaks out in the aisle)

OH, WE NEED TO BE LIKE THAT LITTLE BOY!!!! (You don't have time to say amen, this place is jumping)

SOME OF YOU NEED TO GET OUT LIKE THAT LITTLE BOY AND GIVE JESUS YOUR BEST!!!!

*thus ends my televangelist voiceover*

Forgive me for being sarcastic, but I realized when studying out the scripture, it says NOTHING even remotely close to that.

First, three of the passages say "All we have" is the five (John calls them barley) loaves and two fishes.  John is the only one that says "There is a lad here..." as if to indicate that 1) the boy knew he had a lunch, and 2) wasn't about to share it.  There is no mention of how he got here, how old he was, ect.

Now, what we can gather from that is this:

John 6:7 Two hundred denarii constitute roughly eight months' wages, since one denarius was about one day's pay.

Phillip was saying, Jesus, I/we have no way of providing for this need.  Even at my best attempt, I/we cannot meet the present need.

John 6:9 Barley was common food for the poor (the more well-to-do preferred wheat bread). The fish were probably dried or preserved, possibly pickled.

It does not matter you status in life, God wants you to give to him.  If its finances, give cheerfully.  If you can serve, serve.   If its ministering, so be it.  Just don't hold back.  If we can learn anything from the boy, it's this:  Don't make God come searching for you, find him.  And don't offer reluctantly.

Later on in Matthew and Mark you will find another story.  This time Jesus fed the 4000 with 7 loaves and a few fishes.  I was thinking about the 2 passages, and wondering...what if the person that had the 7 loaves in the second story was present the day of the first feeding of the multitude?  Could it be that they were prepared to be a blessing?  Looking back and saying "You know, the last time I went out, Jesus did this.  I'm gonna be prepared today."

I think that principle bears out in scripture.  Think to David.  When he met Saul, he said (praphrase), "Hey Saul, I know God will take care of me.  I met the lion, and the bear.  God helped me then.  Ill go face the Giant."  He looked back to see what God did before, and knew God could do it again.

Maybe in studying both of these out, the great thing is the realization that someone was prepared the second time...

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

Definitely some interesting points about how things get inserted into the story that aren't even there and conclusions that could be made get overlooked.  I didn't think though that the stories about the loaves and the fishes were parables.