News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Crockpot cooked stuffed pasta shells

Started by Roscoe, December 28, 2010, 05:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Stuffed Pasta Shells

18  jumbo  pasta shells 
1  lb.  lean ground beef 
1   onion, chopped 
1  clove  garlic, minced 
2  c.  Mozzarella cheese, shredded 
1/2  c.  seasoned bread crumbs 
1  tbsp.  parsley flakes 
1   egg, beaten 
2  jars  meatless spaghetti sauce (151/2 oz. each) 
1/2  c.  grated Parmesan cheese 

Cook pasta shells according to directions, just until tender and drain. Meanwhile, brown beef, onion and garlic on stove top, drain. Add Mozzarella, bread crumbs, parsley and egg.  Mix well. Stuff shells, set aside. Pour 1 jar of sauce into Crockery Pot. Arrange stuffed shells in sauce. Top with other jar of sauce and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on low 5 to 7 hours.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

Roscoe

It's perfect if you've got a day that you want to clean the house or run a few errands. I'd imagine that for those that don't use the crockpot, this could probably be done in a conventional oven as well, in much less time. I'll let you know- I've more shells than I have Crock pot, and I have a pan waiting for the oven now.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

I have a crockpot but the only thing I've ever used it for was beef stew. I think I may try this recipe in a conventional oven and see how it goes :)

Ashlee

I've done this same recipe, but I do it in the stove.  I've never thought about the crock pot. I didn't use the egg though.  I cook the meat in sauce, and then drain it and cool it and mix with some cheese and then stuff the shells.  That way it is bound without the egg and then I cover with the sauce.

MelodyB

I really really need some of these. Lol

Mom and I were just talkinging about stuffed shells and lasagna on Monday evening...then you go and post on Tuesday...*sigh*

(it doesn't help that it's 1am and I'm hungry! These sound awesome!) 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Hmmm... sounds interesting... I still like my stuffed shells simply with the cheese mixture... and it bakes in the oven for 30 minutes... not 5-7 hrs in a crock-pot! LOL, but this may be worth a try sometime...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Roscoe

Well, I had both the crockpot cooked shells and the conventional oven cooked shells. Both were equally good, so for those that don't want to use the crockpot, it's really not necessary. Since I had so much cooked, we invited my pastor, his wife, and their son over for dinner. Everyone loved the shells and had seconds, then moved on to the Koolaide pie. All met with approval, and made for a very pleasant evening of fellowshipping.

sunlight

:cough:

hey mel...

let's add this to the list... :halo:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?