News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

2007 NAYC - North Carolina

Started by natewasmundt, July 20, 2006, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natewasmundt

I received a postcard ad in the mail yesterday stating that the 2007 NAYC will be in North Carolina.  I forgot what city - I believe it's Charlotte - but it is in North Carolina.

I looked a minute ago on the website, but they haven't yet updated it with the new info.

It stinks that it's completely on the other side of the US for the west coast youth.  It's going to be hard to get our youth group over there.  Hopefully we can.

freshfire_09

one litle question....what is the NAYC?????
im a little out a circut rite now so ya what is it??

zizi90

I believe ...North American Youth Congress.......
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: zizi90 on July 21, 2006, 12:06:13 AM
I believe ...North American Youth Congress.......

and you WOULD be Right on the Money
in other words YES that is what it stands for

That is SO AWSOME i hope to go i REALLY want to and i am HOPING that i will be able to  :biglaugh:
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

byronsgirl

QuoteIt stinks that it's completely on the other side of the US for the west coast youth.

That is so true. I don't know where you live, but to get my youth from Washington State down there would be a hard time. Why don't they ever have it over on the west coast? I think it would be nice if we didn't have to travel over to the south and east coast so much.

melissa15

Just_in

Quote from: misswashington on July 21, 2006, 04:27:43 AM
QuoteIt stinks that it's completely on the other side of the US for the west coast youth.

That is so true. I don't know where you live, but to get my youth from Washington State down there would be a hard time. Why don't they ever have it over on the west coast? I think it would be nice if we didn't have to travel over to the south and east coast so much.

Who's Church do you go to??

~You will never save the world by being like the world~

zizi90

I want to go to NAYC 07, but I don't know if i's going to get to. I don't live that far away from it.

actsrevival

i plan on going, not sure what the dates are, but I plan to go...

Backseat Radio

For the early planners...

The dates on the North American Youth Congress is August 8-10, 2007.

It is in Charlotte, NC

*has the postcard in lap*

Just_in

Quote from: Bereaness on July 25, 2006, 06:42:10 PM
For the early planners...

The dates on the North American Youth Congress is August 8-10, 2007.

It is in Charlotte, NC

*has the postcard in lap*

Whos is preaching?????

~You will never save the world by being like the world~

natewasmundt

I can't believe the UPCI Youth Division still hasn't updated the NAYC information!?  You'd think that since the postcards have been mailed, they would have updated the website.

Nope.  Still the same lines about monitoring New Orleans and keep checking the website for updates.

*sigh*

I have a pet peeve with websites that don't get updated with current information, sorry.  :biglaugh:

I don't remember all - I know Matt Maddix was on the list for a morning session.  Of course, the YP always preaches on Friday night.  Not sure who the others are.

acjmom

they're pushing back the dates for school to start here next year, so maybe i'll get to go as a counselor/chaperone with our youth *crosses fingers*
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Backseat Radio

*post card in lap again*

Wednesday evening:  Joel Urshan (Cincinnati, OH)
Thursday morning:  Miquell Hennigan (Plano, TX)
Thursday Afternoon:  Jeff Goodman (Apopka, FL)
Thursday Evening:  Brent Keating (Houston, TX)
Friday morning:  Matt Maddix  (St. Petersburg, FL)
Friday Evening:  Tod Gaddy, General Youth President

Worship Leader:  Johnathan Dean (Alexandria, LA)

Hope that helps

QuoteI can't believe the UPCI Youth Division still hasn't updated the NAYC information!?  You'd think that since the postcards have been mailed, they would have updated the website.

I noticed they dont have the page on the youth division nor the website they gave on the postcard up yet. grrrrrrrrrrr

byronsgirl

Who's Church do you go to??

[/quote]

Pastor Rocky Dunlap.....Tacoma,Wa

MelodyB

Quote from: chaotic_resolve on July 25, 2006, 10:16:35 PM
*sigh*

I have a pet peeve with websites that don't get updated with current information, sorry.  :biglaugh:

Dont visit our church website then....its aggravating!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: Bereaness on July 25, 2006, 10:25:51 PM
*post card in lap again*

Wednesday evening:  Joel Urshan (Cincinnati, OH)
Thursday morning:  Miquell Hennigan (Plano, TX)
Thursday Afternoon:  Jeff Goodman (Apopka, FL)
Thursday Evening:  Brent Keating (Houston, TX)
Friday morning:  Matt Maddix  (St. Petersburg, FL)
Friday Evening:  Tod Gaddy, General Youth President[/b]
Worship Leader:  Johnathan Dean (Alexandria, LA)

Hope that helps

QuoteI can't believe the UPCI Youth Division still hasn't updated the NAYC information!?  You'd think that since the postcards have been mailed, they would have updated the website.

I noticed they dont have the page on the youth division nor the website they gave on the postcard up yet. grrrrrrrrrrr

i HOPE that i CAN i i really want to GO i Never went to Youth Congress before and i want to GO BAD
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

Backseat Radio

if you get the chance to go to youth congress It will be well worth the trip.  I've been to it twice (once in Indianapolis, IN, and once in Atlanta, GA)  I had a blast both times.

MelodyB

Quote from: Bereaness on July 29, 2006, 11:55:07 PM
if you get the chance to go to youth congress It will be well worth the trip.  I've been to it twice (once in Indianapolis, IN, and once in Atlanta, GA)  I had a blast both times.

I agree! It is a awesome experience....all those Youth....on fire, WOW!

I went to the one in Atlanta...it was awesome!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

zizi90

Hey, would you all mind telling me a little more about Youth Congress?

I would like to go, and I have had a lot of people tell me it's an awesome experience, but could anyone tell me a little more about it?

:clap: Thanks in advance!

poetic

Youth Congress is an awesome experience, you will meet and see thousands of Apostolic young people that have

a desire to live for God. The worship services are incredible, you can hardly hear yourself because they're worshiping and praising like you are.

The preaching is annointed! You will go away changed and you'll always remember the experience.

freshfire_09

natewasmundt

:biglaugh:  Don't start buying your plane tickets for NC just yet

***UPDATE from PentecostalYouth.ORG***

Throughout 2006, the most oft-asked question of the General Youth Division has been:

"So what's happening with North American Youth Congress next year?"

To answer this question, let us answer five other questions you might be wondering about ...

1. Is Youth Congress going to New Orleans next year?

No. 

2. So if we're not going to New Orleans, where will Youth Congress take place in 2007?

We are 99% finished with selecting a secondary host city for next August's NAYC event.  The following is a VERY important statement - Regardless of what you've heard or read, the site is not been made official yet.  In fact, as of this update (August 11, 2006), the finalized contracts have not been signed (due to circumstances out of the control of the GYD).  Essentially, we have been wading through a lengthy contract process (and have been waiting on other parties to work through contractual legal issues) and as we trust you understand, are waiting until all appropriate contracts have been finalized and signed, before making the 2007 NAYC site official.

So you can at least plan your calendars, the 2007 North American Youth Congress will take place August 8-10, 2007.

3. OK, but I thought I read something recently that indicated a site had been selected?

You might have, and in fact, due to a mailing error on our end, some information was mistakenly sent to churches late last month advertising next year's Youth Congress.   This information was scheduled to be sent only after our contracts were finished being signed (which again has not yet occurred), but unfortunately, was prematurely sent out.  While this was a mailing error that the GYD did not initiate, we nevertheless, do take responsibility for it, and apologize if it's caused confusion.  We've been trying very hard to finalize all the arrangements and have tried to get things in place to quickly get the word out when we were contractually able to.  Unfortunately, some information we had in line to be sent out later, was sent out too early. 

Again, allow us to repeat - the site for the 2007 North American Youth Congress has not yet been finalized, so any attempt to prepare for a trip to a particular city (hotel arrangements, trip planning, budgeting, etc.) is premature and should not be pursued yet.

4. So when WILL we find out the official word on the site of NAYC 2007?

Any day.  The minute we receive word that those items have been resolved, we'll post ALL the relevant NAYC 2007 information on www.northamericanyouthcongress.com.  This site is currently "down" due to us waiting to get all the contractual issues ironed out.

5. Once the site has officially been announced via www.northamericanyouthcongress.com, will I be able to get hotel room(s) reserved?

Yes, all reservations for the hotels in the immediate vicinity of the NAYC 2007 host city's arena, will be routed through Connections Housing, the GYD housing bureau partner.  Please note that all outside inquiries to the hotels in the immediate vicinity of the arena, will be funneled back to Connections Housing.  Connections has negotiated superior rates for the host city's hotel properties which are not available to the general public. 

Identical to the last two Youth Congress events, online NAYC 2007 hotel reservations will begin on January 1st of the year in which Youth Congress will take place, which means Youth Congress online hotel reservations will begin to be accepted beginning on January 1, 2007.  The appropriate links to the Connections hotel reservation web site will be posted on www.northamericanyouthcongress.com, and like the last two Youth Congress events, this date will still enable all attendees to secure hotel reservations in the host city. 

Please note:

Making hotel reservations using the official Connections housing bureau financially enables North American Youth Congress to take place, so the GYD, without hesitation, strongly asks you to make your group's hotel arrangements through Connections, beginning January 1, 2007.

To help you plan, hotel rates will range from $89.00 - 139.00 per room, per night.

Again, all of us at the GYD appreciate your patience as we've made our way through this huge process of switching gears for a location of the NAYC 2007 event.  It's going to be the biggest and greatest Youth Congess ever, and we can't wait to see you.  Please be checking www.northamericanyouthcongress.com for all the up-to-the-minute updates as they become available.

Sincerely,

Todd Gaddy
General Youth President

SOURCE

:biglaugh:  There you have it . . .

bishopnl

Wow...Matt maddix, Joel Urshan and Jeff Goodman?  I went to IBC at the same time as Jeff Goodman...and Joel Urshan is one of the best preachers I've heard in or out of his age bracket. 

Miquell Hennigan?  Is that Anthony Mangun's daughter or something?
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

natewasmundt

Yes, that's Bro. Mangun's daughter