News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Probably should've added an "s" on the "tire" of that comment. :lol:
Just got in a few ago. Left my mother in laws, and had to go to Walmart to pick Lou up. She decided to grab a bit of Black Friday bargains while we were there. While we are checking out, Bro Wilson called.  Our church member from last night took a turn for the worse, and had another heart attack. By the time Bro Wilson and I got there, he had slipped into eternity. Hard to know what to say to a grieving family..
One of the things I could say is at his last service he was able to be with us at, a couple, three weeks ago,
he worshipped for all he could. He ran a lap around the church, in fact, despite his issues. He won his race- no more laps to run. Now it's nearly 2 am, and I can't sleep.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Here, too.
It's hot and our air conditioner isn't working. :(

Lynx

Well the weather is unpleasant
But the flames are incandescent
So if there's vapor in the skies
Crystallize, crystallize, crystallize!

(Nerd version of Let It Snow)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I saw that, Isaac. That's a good one.

We had to turn the heater back on today. :roll:

Roscoe

It's cool and windy here too. Better than rain though. Went to visitation for Bro Mcghee, then on to church. Got up clueless for the message, thought I was gonna have to pull an old message out and repreach it, but as I walked to the pulpit, a verse came to me and God said " Read this". I did, then proceeded to use Romans the 8th chapter as my text- "There is no condemnation" . Don't know how it went, but had one in the altar, so I guess it was what God wanted.
Then I came home and ate me a big ole bowl of pinto beans cooked with hamhock. Every once in a while I get a cravin' for them and I gotta make a batch.
Now I'm waiting on Tylenol pm to kick in....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Pills take a long time to get to your system if they have to fight through a belly full of beans. They have to dart from bomb shelter to bomb shelter and hope they don't get caught in a bean-powered blast en route.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning, all.
Back at work. About half of my scheduled appointments aren't reporting. Gonna take a late lunch so I can at least make an appearance at Bro Jeff's funeral. I would've taken the day off, but we are short handed today.
And I'm pleased with one of my recent purchases. Walmart had a tiny (about a foot tall) replica Frigidaire  1950's refrigerator in Aqua blue on their black Friday sale. It is a genuine plug in cooler that holds a 6 pack of canned sodas- barely.
At $20, I splurged, bought one, and installed it on my desk. Now I have a stylish Dr. Pepper cooler full of the nectar of the gods at my elbow...nice and cool.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

mini

You have a cooler full of Dr Pepper next to you.  Drink one and be happy.  :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: This weather is confused. It was 31 this morning and supposed to be right at 70 later today.

Nelle

Black Friday (er.. Thursday night) shopping was not for the faint of heart. I amazed myself and never got sleepy until we got into the toasty car on the ride back to our homes. BUT! I lost so much of my Friday from having to catch up on sleep that it kinda bummed me out. I'll probably go again next time if they ask me, but I probably won't volunteer, hahaha. My whole weekend felt off after sleeping most of Friday. (We started at like.. 5 or 6 pm Thurs and I got home about 6:30am Friday.) I surprisingly didn't spend all that much money since I already had most of our Christmas done.

I just have to start wrapping all that mess now. That's not my favorite part, but I am going to try. Then maybe as it gets closer, Jeremy can help me wrap the last few (or the awkward shaped ones I save for him LOL). He's pretty good at wrapping presents.

I'm ready for lunch, but it's only 10:18. I have leftover six cheese tortellini in alfredo sauce for lunch!

Lynx

W*rk is a lot harder in the morning when you have something really good you brought for lunch, that you can't stop thinking about. You have to either struggle through an interminable morning... or sneak a bite or two.

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Nelle

@Work.

Eating a string cheese. Since our pastor and one of our back-up preachers have both been ill, we have moved our midweek services to Thursday for the time being. It's very weird trying to make my mind comprehend this on Wednesdays.

Roscoe

:hi:
 At work. Feel poorly. Have lost my temper once today to an extent, with a lying probationer who now is enjoying accommodations at our county jail.
Oh, and it is 50 cent corn dog day at sonic. So I splurged and bought a couple, along with a vanilla cream cherry dr pepper.
Lord, I need to get through this day..

Lynx

Yes Bobby, Sonic corn dogs have that effect on people. "Lord, I need to get through this day..."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well, the day didn't really improve. I still feel somewhat poorly. And to add to the headache an idiot probationer came in despite not being scheduled, told me he was now homeless and demanded to go to jail. When I told him jail wasn't a hotel and he couldn't go there, he yelled, he'd go steal some stuff- not his language- and ran to the plate glass door, and put his foot through the half inch thick plate glass. His semi-bare foot, with only a soft house slipper type shoe. Yes, he cut himself. Yes,he went to the hospital, and then to the jail. And I had to do a metric ton of paperwork over the idiot.

Lynx

There is an O'Henry story like that, about a bum who commits a small crime every late fall so he can spend three months in jail over the winter.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on December 01, 2019, 10:52:57 AMWell the weather is unpleasant
But the flames are incandescent
So if there's vapor in the skies
Crystallize, crystallize, crystallize!

(Nerd version of Let It Snow)

You need to look up the Itsy bitsy spider version that they did. it's my favorite!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi: Did home visits all day. Ready for a weekend. Ready for Christmas to be past. Ready for a small season of peace...please, lord.

Lynx

Heh... I just watched a youtube clip about what southern folks say at Christmas.

"Nah I don't believe in Santa. I been asking for some peace and quiet for years now, ain't got it yet."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I went from not believing in Santa- To BEING Santa. Lord, I believe now. I'm fat like Santa, undoubtedly he and I have the same border line high blood pressure, we laugh to keep from killing people, are tasked with carrying the world on our backs, and are required to pay for seemingly EVERYONE'S mistakes and presents. Yeah. I believe I AM Santa.
I just wish I could find those elves and put them to work, and the flying sled would be cool too. :lol:

Nearly through Friday. Thankfully. Tonight's a chili supper at Chey's school. Guess who will buy antacid before going home? This guy.