News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Lord. 400 miles today. And one of the heaviest china cabinets ever. A church member needed me to take him to Paragould to get his grandmother's china cabinet. While I enjoyed the visit...that devil weighed 9,000 lbs. I didn't think we would ever get it in his house. Now tomorrow's brief sermon prepared may God help me...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We were just chilling at home today and Chel called. Robbie was broken down in Tyler and she had been called in to work, so, off we went to Tyler.

Lynx

Happy "Don't Even Go NEAR A Restaurant" day!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

I had a peaceful birthday yesterday. Nobody at w#rk realized it was my birthday. Everybody who would have remembered was off the schedule on a Saturday.

Thus I did not have to deal with any "you didn't ask off on your birthday!?" junk.  :clap:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Well. I did not know...but Happy Birthday!

One service today. Preached to around 70 people. Good day overall. Too lazy to do anything else today and I'm laying down.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Happy Belated Birthday!!

@Work. very busy day yesterday as always and as everyone's was. :)

Roscoe

Today has been annoying. Just been in a general funk, nothing I touch working out. :pound:

Backseat Radio

Service Sunday was amazing. Had a full house and lots of visitors including one that had been watching online for a while and told God if a certain sister invited her she'd attend the Easter service... That sister called and invited her.

The Purple Fuzzy

Hope you had a good birthday, Isaac.

It's been kinda cloudy and bluesome today.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on April 02, 2024, 02:46:35 AMHere's the pictures our photography team got Sunday during service.

https://www.facebook.com/100064532839153/posts/pfbid02KDcUXLnVPuxDPj3DkDLtXZqQ2Di1yPj1CRMaBdZferHhPi12JZYbQY7uqHJgrE2gl/?app=fbl
I'll take your word for it. Facebook won't let me see it unless I'm assimilated into the collecti... er, unless I have an account.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Yesterday we were busier than midget mountain climbers. We're usually running more than usual on the first of the month, with all the guv'mint check money floating around in the neighborhood, but yesterday it was like every single check recipient had to spend ALL the money RIGHT NOW!

It was kinda fun. Hope we're busy again today. Keeps the dust off ya.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning. Today is not a mess with me day, and a coworker has already started. This may not end well.

Backseat Radio

I put in a long day today working 7AM to 7:20PM. Both of the 2nd shift guys intentionally called off today because the department manager made them mad, leaving the manager by herself on a 2 truck night. I volunteered to stay over to help get the freight done.

MsJennJenn

Cat we rescued last week had her babies Saturday night. Four healthy kittens. They're sooooooooooo cute.

Otherwise not a lot going on around here lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I am sooo tired. Slept fitfully.

May get 7 brew in violation of the diet...

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 03, 2024, 02:20:19 PMCat we rescued last week had her babies Saturday night. Four healthy kittens. They're sooooooooooo cute.

Otherwise not a lot going on around here lol

Thou shall not envy... Thou shall not envy.. LOL. HOW CUTE! I don't even need to know what they look like.. I'm trying to not be envious, hahahaha. I miss kittens tho I love my old girl. One day I won't be scared anymore and I'll sign up to foster kitties.

Wild night here Monday evening/Tuesday morning with the storms. There is some damage but everyone I know is fine. Thankfully our neighbor's tree missed OUR garage and vehicles. Only half the tree fell, so that saved our property. Hoping they take the rest of that one down as well as their one in the front yard that has nearly taken out my car dropping massive limbs in the last year or so.

@Work. I am participating today in our state entity (capital development board) training for projects. It's 8:30am-4:30pm. Literally my whole work day minus half an hour. I'm HOPING they do a lunch break tho I have no clue when it is. LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

They just opened a 7 Brew here on Monday. I am not a fan of coffee.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 03, 2024, 02:23:21 PMI am sooo tired. Slept fitfully.

May get 7 brew in violation of the diet...
*Lynx runs off yelling something about a pastor drinking a brew.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on April 03, 2024, 01:13:46 AMI put in a long day today working 7AM to 7:20PM. Both of the 2nd shift guys intentionally called off today because the department manager made them mad, leaving the manager by herself on a 2 truck night. I volunteered to stay over to help get the freight done.
That's how you do it. A friend of mine has a father who started as a checkout bagger and ended up part owner of the grocery store.

"How do you climb that high?"

"I just kept coming back, and doing the jobs nobody else wanted to do, and I wound up here."
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

LOL Nelle - there is one black, one all gray, and two that are black and white. One of the black and white has grey stripes on his/her tail though.... they are so precious.

I have just gotten into iced coffee at home and I am OBSESSEDDD. lol
I get the international something iced coffee in mocha or vanilla - then i add Dunkin creamer.... *drool*
I have to limit myself to one cup so I don't tear my stomach up LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I often fall into sin, if 7brew coffee is considered a sin. :laughhard:  I hate black coffee- but the froufrou drinks with names like "German Chocolate Blended"...well, I am weak.  :laughhard:
Church tonight. I've only lost my temper twice today, so there's that. Man, that whole "I die daily" thing...sheesh. I am an embodiment of Lazarus lately.  :laughhard:
Part of getting old I guess. My tolerence for stupidity is at an all time low.
On the bright side- the insurance company for the church called, and he and I had a good chat. Hopefully his company will insure us..:pray:
Our old insurance company quit insuring churches and it has been a trial to find insurance...

Lynx

o.O

What has been happening at churches, that they stopped insuring them?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 04, 2024, 10:30:40 AMo.O

What has been happening at churches, that they stopped insuring them?
Man, I don't know. All I know is after years of the same policy and coverage, we were suddenly told that they were no longer insuring churches. And our ONE claim two, almost three years ago- ONE IN OVER 50 YEARS- disqualified us from some of the major insurers. And getting insurance agents to actually communicate has been the equal of walking on water. They just don't respond. When the guy yesterday called back- I'd finally pressed enough buttons to get a voicemail and resorted to groveling- I couldn't move fast enough. He says he sees no issue and will get some paperwork worked up for us by this weekend. I will breath easier when that's done.
Church last night good move of God.  I needed it. Had my morning talk with Him and now to get through the day.