News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Jesus be a fence for all these storms.

As of now we are not in the projected path...but we all know how that can change quickly and it be too late to evacuate.

I have no money at all till next Friday. My gas light is on, and all my family is in Florida. Lol

God provides and although it seems crazy, I have peace and I'm not really worried. I've lost everything before. I don't have much left. So as long as I have my faith, I'll be fine.

God is good to me.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

I have officially flipped my lid. Or I'm a genius. I'm not sure which, but either way I'm certainly not normal anymore, if I ever was.

I have been using a 5-gallon washtub to mix up sourdough bread, but it is too small for the batches I wanted to do. So I went out and got a ten gallon bucket, and to stir up the dough I got an honest-to-goodness boat paddle. And it worked very well! I even bypassed the first kneading by leaving the dough in the bucket and using the paddle as a plunger to knead it in situ.

Maybe it's time to open that bakery everybody keeps saying I should open. But... then it would be a JOB, not fun!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on September 09, 2017, 03:18:18 AMI have officially flipped my lid. Or I'm a genius. I'm not sure which, but either way I'm certainly not normal anymore, if I ever was.

I have been using a 5-gallon washtub to mix up sourdough bread, but it is too small for the batches I wanted to do. So I went out and got a ten gallon bucket, and to stir up the dough I got an honest-to-goodness boat paddle. And it worked very well! I even bypassed the first kneading by leaving the dough in the bucket and using the paddle as a plunger to knead it in situ.

Maybe it's time to open that bakery everybody keeps saying I should open. But... then it would be a JOB, not fun!
You know as well as the rest of us that you've never been normal. ;)
You wouldn't fit here if you were.

Roscoe

Such a beautiful day. And I'm so lazy this morning. I've totally got to clean the kitchen area of the house before lou gets in, but I'm not motivated to do so. The only motivating thing around me right now was the scale, showing another pound off....which is motivating me to eat something in celebration, thereby rendering it null and void. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Today has been terrible. Rusty has a miss I can't fix, and apparently while troubleshooting that I lost my brand new $600 Galaxy S7. And there is no service out here so none of the tracking apps work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 10, 2017, 02:52:55 AMToday has been terrible. Rusty has a miss I can't fix, and apparently while troubleshooting that I lost my brand new $600 Galaxy S7. And there is no service out here so none of the tracking apps work.
*Lynx starts to make a cheap joke... nah.

Hmm...

*Lynx starts to give some sage advice about how to not lose a phone... nah.

Well, the only thing I can think of to say is an old Vulcan saying.

"I grieve with thee."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

I got my current dog because he was the only one at the shelter who looked like he had a brain in his head. I should have gotten a dumb dog instead. Dan is too smart for his own good.

He figured out when I leave at 8:55am I don't come back until about 5pm. So he's always around the house when I'm home... and he does his raiding of neighbors' trash cans in the midday. Here I am thinking he's a good dog, then I start getting complaints from our neighbors.

Party's over though. I put his electric collar back on. Partly because I don't want my dog causing trouble with the neighbors, and partly perhaps because I hate it when a dog is smarter than I am. :-/
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Grieve no longer! I found the devil this morning. Laying on the side of the road in a clump of grass about a half mile from the house. I'd walked past it three times..... Got up this morning, grabbed Dad's old walking stick and began beating the bushes, literally and praying. Within 20 minutes, I had found it. And it was not damaged at all. Thank you Lord. I bet it don't get sat on Rusty's running boards again...
 I still don't understand why a $10 wrist watch road the entire trip without falling off, but the $600- covered-in-grippy-rubber phone could not.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

The RUNNING BOARD?!  You left it sitting on...

Okay that deserves a few smart remarks, but I will spare you this one time.

*Lynx wanders away shaking his head and muttering something about somebody never getting his hands on MY phone...
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Roscoe

Morning. Back at work. Wanting to be elsewhere. Have doctor's appointment tomorrow. Life stays busy, doesn't it?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Occasionally it occurs to me that it might, just possibly might be the slightest bit of a trial for my coworkers to put up with me.

Today at work one of the managers said "Hi Isaac, how ya doing?" I replied with a mild giggle like a crazy person might give, indicating moderate insanity. She said something like, "Oh, well then!" and went on her way.

Two and a half minutes later she again said, "Hello Isaac, how ya doing?" Really?
"You already asked that question and I already answered it."
"No I didn't."
"Yes you did. You don't remember?"
"I did not say that!"
"You don't remember my answer?"
"Oh yeah, the creepy little giggle..."

So for the rest of the day at work today I have been walking up to her and saying "Howdy Denise, my  name is Isaac" as though we have just met for the first time... or as though one of us has no memory of the other.

After I got done with my job I saw her on my way out. I said, "Howdy Denise, my name is..." (she glared at me) "Uh... mud, my name is mud. Excuse me, I'm just... um... going to get some distance..."

Sometimes I think maybe I should request prayer for my coworkers, that they will be able to find the patience. Then sometimes I think maybe my purpose in life is to teach other people patience. :updown:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

School. Work. Occasionally seeing my husband.

That is all.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 11, 2017, 11:11:14 PMOccasionally it occurs to me that it might, just possibly might be the slightest bit of a trial for my coworkers to put up with me.....
It only occasionally occurs to you?? I coulda told you that without ever working with ya. :laughhard: That's as much a given as it was a bad idea for me to put my phone on Rusty's running board...

Roscoe

I nearly went all day without posting. So have most of you. :pound: Post, darn it!

sunlight

I am alive- and mom made a a pear pie! And beef tips and rice! And tuna! And deviled eggs!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

A pear pie?

I can make all the rest of that for myself, but... a pear pie?

It's your fault Chel. Because of you I must now open a jar of homemade pear preserves and eat them on bread, and as good as Grandma's pear preserves are, I will be wishing with every bite that they were in a pie.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, the pie was gluten free/dairy free, so not as good as usual (no butter) but not bad for a first try. The pears were fresh off my daddy's tree.

Roscoe

Never heard of a pear pie. But since I love pears, and love pie, I would like to try it.
Back at work. Got all clear from the doc on all of my tests, he say's I'm healthy , although a tad overweight- as if I didn't know this. Ironically, I've felt rough after visiting him day before yesterday. Nearly didn't go to church last night, but made myself. Still feeling less than 100% today but I'll survive.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I'm here.

Been sick.

Still coughing and stuffy, but much better than I was.

That is all.