News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Yes. I'm still alive. I've been sick off and on for 3 weeks now. It's all sinus *Oh my, I need to improve my vocabulary*. After finally breaking down and getting some sudafed it seems to be breaking up. I just hate the way that stuff makes me feel.

Been at my summer job for over a week now. Just have to keep telling myself it's just for summer.

This week I have my parents dog with me while they are off to the beach. It's like taking care of 2 hyped up children.

Brandon's car is tore up and thankfully my mom let me borrow hers for the week at least until we can figure out what exactly it is and if/when we can afford it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on June 13, 2016, 12:19:48 PMAwesome. Ill tell Jessica. :)

Also, Ruby..since Jenn and Isaac are not on FB, isn't there something you should tell them? I know Jenn would be especially happy. Lol

Ummm yes, do tell. Or someone tell. :demand:

Yuck Heather. Sorry you're still feeling the yuckies. Sudafed makes my heart pound, I hate it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

*grin* I was just thinking that, as I signed in.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

Congratulations!   Is this kid 12 or 13?

:ugly:

Seriously, congrats!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Thanks! Well.... Guess it depends on how you count, Mini. :D

Lynx

I suppose congratulations are in order... As long as it does not hold up the salsa shipments.   :demand:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Haha! Well, it might while I'm in the hospital having a C-section, but your shipment went out today, so I think you're safe for now.... ;)

MelodyB

I can't wait to hear what Isaac thinks about the salsa and what all he uses it on!

Im dying for more ideas!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Got up this morning, and cleaned the yard up. Then backed the camper into the carport and tore it half apart to fix somethings that annoyed me, and put windows in. I think I can call it done, except for some minor trim work. While I was installing the windows, a friend gave me two gallons of Polyurethane, so I gave it two coats, and then Chey painted the interior a pretty "Hawaiian Teal" color she picked out. Very 1950's and appropriate.
 A queen size air mattress fits in it...but the girls have taken it over and are staying in it tonight.
Car show starts tomorrow!! :clap:  :clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby: That sounds about right. Girls or boys, kids would want to use it for a camp-out.

Quote from: SippinTea on June 13, 2016, 09:57:46 PMHaha! Well, it might while I'm in the hospital having a C-section, but your shipment went out today, so I think you're safe for now.... ;)

Has it become so routine that you're already planning for a C-section? o.O

I remember Steven Wright saying he was born that way. He said there were no side effects... but when he leaves a room he always goes out through the window.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

Lookie Here! I found the new sharing thread!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

Chel, it's about time. ;) :D

Isaac, no, but unfortunately, because Teddy and the tiny one are only going to be 16 months apart, there's a good chance of rupturing my incision if I go into labor. :/ I'd prefer that not happen. I never wanted to have a C section at all, with any kids, but last time we had no choice, and this time.... well, we kind of have no choice again. :/ But it's okay. No, I don't WANT another surgery. But I'd rather baby got here in a way that was safe for both of us. :) Aaaand at least this time I know what to expect so I'm not completely terrified like I was last time. lol Besides, between God and the best doctor in the area, I think both I and the tiny one are going to be just fine. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

It's so hot & humid. It's rained so much this year it's just now getting hot but the humidity is rough.

Lynx

Ruby: Salsa arrived. How long did it take you to pack that? It sure was packed shatter-proof though, I gotta say.  I guess you heard about the elderly man who was mailing a package, and he was obviously a former USPS employee because he wrote on it, "Fragile. Throw underhand."

I got all the jars disinterred though, and I tried a bit of both kinds on the spot. I tried the mild first, so my mouth wouldn't be burnt-out when I tried it. Then I tried just a bit of the original. Gotta say I like the flavor of the original better, but the heat was a bit much. I know if you reduced the heat it would change the balance of peppers, thus the flavor, so a mild version of the original is not an option. It was good though. Uncle Fred said aunt Lucy is cooking chicken tonight so he'll give the salsa a try on chicken.

That original is sneaky though. The heat is a slow-burn kind. I initially thought, "Hey this isn't so bad." Then the slow-burn caught up with me.

One thought: Take a bit of salsa and a bit of sour cream and you have a wonderful dip for fries. Or tater tots or onion rings or fried green beans or about anything fried, or for celery sticks or carrot sticks or... anything dippable that is not fruit.

Salsa and sour cream also goes really good on an omelette. Just so you know. I knew this before I got your salsa though. I'm gonna have an omelette for breakfast tomorrow, just because.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I put a dollop of sour cream and some PRS in a bowl and dip my cheese quesadillas in it! It's soooo good!

Roscoe

Bah. You buncha salsa addicts. :pound:

Well. Been a busy, fun week so far. And Sam the 52 has scored some brake and clutch pedal pads, and a shiny chrome emblem  for his hood. Sad that I kept looking through the swap meet for parts for a truck that I shall apparently never own again because  I sold it to a selfish greedy gut truck hog. :P
I scored a SWEET seat for Rusty though, and I may have found the perfect solution for  hiding the air conditioning I'm installing in the teardrop,  if I can just catch the guy at his stall...don't know why he'd rent a space,haul stuff up to sell, then never be around the space to take money. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

He's doing the same thing you're doing - looking around at all the stuff everybody else brought to sell. :cool: Sometimes we have the same problem at the local flea market.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

So apparently my father in law has surgery this morning. Brandon forgot to tell me til yesterday that is was today.

Also I can already tell that this dog situation is not going to work out. 1 dog, yes. Going to get his rebellious, hard headed, refusing to be housetrained black lab with Whisk, no. He has done NOTHING to help out with Whisk [and Huxley-my parents dog who is here til Saturday] for the past week. He even forgot to put them up Sunday morning when i asked if it was ok to leave them in the yard to play while he worked on his car. Dreama [my neighbor/landlady] put them up when she got home from church because she got here before me.  :roll:  I can do 1 dog [and even Hux because he's a chill dog] but I'm NOT doing 1 dog and that pig headed brat of his.

Rant over. I have to go to work. Where we fry a lot of stuff. Lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Isaac - I didn't work a freight job for nothin'.  :biglaugh:  And while I know the current packaging methods are unorthodox (since we don't have pre-formed boxes and bubble bags yet) I also know how to pack fragile items (mostly) safely. Basically, if you put "Fragile" on anything, it means "throw it harder". You're better off to not put any labels, and just make sure you pack correctly. ;)

*Hugs* Heather

MelodyB

Roscoe called us "salsa addicts"...

* MelodyB sits back to watch him come over to the dark side when he tastes PRS for himself.

Bwahahaha!

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on June 16, 2016, 02:16:15 PMIsaac - I didn't work a freight job for nothin'.  :biglaugh:  And while I know the current packaging methods are unorthodox (since we don't have pre-formed boxes and bubble bags yet) I also know how to pack fragile items (mostly) safely. Basically, if you put "Fragile" on anything, it means "throw it harder". You're better off to not put any labels, and just make sure you pack correctly. ;)

*Hugs* Heather

Ah, THAT explains it! And it fits my impression. I got the feeling it was a professional job done with home materials.

Never know when a previous job experience will come in handy. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea