News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

In local news... there is no local news. Nothing ever happens here. But certain people keep demanding we post something, so I'm posting that there is nothing to post.

Quote for the day: "Adulthood is straight up the worst hood I have EVER lived in."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Went to a birthday party for Sunlight & Burrito yesterday. Got to see little Bobby. :)

Lynx

Wait, which one had a birthday? Sunlight or burrito?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Both. Their birthdays are a week apart.

Roscoe

Morning all. Court day, unexpectedly. I feel a bit queasy today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

No no no! You're only supposed to feel queasy if you are the defendant.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

There is so much stomach junk going around. I hope you don't get what I had.

sunlight

Quote from: Lynx on October 06, 2019, 09:48:20 PMWait, which one had a birthday? Sunlight or burrito?

She made me a gluten free apple pie too! It was the best pie I have had in years!!!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

So tired. @work. Trying to really deep clean thru our closet/house. Been trying to start on it, but I really stink at figuring out what I want to do with things in a timely fashion. Hopefully tonight I can make some headway with my shoes and start on my clothes.

Roscoe

I too am tired. As in wiped out. Little sleep in my world, lots of prayer going up though. Sometimes, all you can do when you awake and are troubled is pray until peace comes.
Seems like my life is work, pray, sleep...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Woke up today still feeling less than 100%. I realized that 1) I have nearly 700 hours of sick time and 2) it has been over a year since I took a full day of sick time. I took half a day last November, and have taken time off in the form of comp time and vacation time, but I rarely take off because I feel poorly. When I realized that due to a court day change from Wednesday to this past Monday that left me scrambling, I had nearly no one scheduled to come in, I decided I would tak the day off and do NOTHING. So I sit here with the smell of a pot roast in the crockpot Lou put on before she went to work, the house comfy, a left over Steak and Shake Ice cream shake next to me- and I am not doing ANYTHING until I have to go to church tonight. I anticipate drifting off to sleep in the middle of a book before long.

The Purple Fuzzy

I ended up losing all my sick time when I quit working at the school. I wished I'd have used some instead of going in while I felt bad.
I like it better when its PTO (paid time off) so you can use it as sick days or vacation and get paid for the time left if you quit.

Lynx

Ugh. Sickness. There's a bad stomach bug going around this area. (Is there such a thing as a GOOD stomach bug? What I mean is there's a really strong one that will kick your tail.)

One of my fears is I will bike to w*rk, start feeling sick, then have to bike fourteen miles home while sick. Haven't had to do it yet but I don't know what I'll do if it happens. I guess get home somehow. I don't want to call anybody to pick me up because I don't want THEM getting it too.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Taking off yesterday was the best thing I could've done. Went to church last night, then to work today. Slept good last night and today I felt better than I have in some time. Home now, lazy, and laying around.

Roscoe

Morning. It's Finally Friday. A wet and cool one here, but Friday nonetheless.....

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 10, 2019, 11:15:03 PMTaking off yesterday was the best thing I could've done. Went to church last night, then to work today. Slept good last night and today I felt better than I have in some time. Home now, lazy, and laying around.
Dear Bobby's boss: This is a message your employee left on the forum. I forward it to you to prove what a lazy guy he is...
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

I am of course kidding. If a guy like Bobby calls in to w*rk, that's like certain pillars of the church not being there for service. You know there's a good reason.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I thought you were asking for trouble there for a minute, Isaac.

Roscoe

:pound:  Weird Cat. Ask and ye shall receive. :pound: Nah, my boss tells me frequently I have to take off. He has to remind me and my "work sistah" who has been here 28 years that we are getting close to the maximum allowed vacation time. If we don't have less than 240 hours by December 31, they take whatever is over. No compensation at all.
We are both bad about not taking off- it's not that I LOVE work, but the job is so intense if I take off, it can be twice as much to do when I return. AND I do things MY way and don't want anyone else messing in my cases.  She's as picky as I am over her cases, so she does the same. I blame her, she trained me.

As I've posted before, in the three years I've been here, They've nailed me for two of them, taking around 3 weeks total of vacation. I never got a dime for it...
:pound: Not this time, Satan. :pound:

Lynx

And they say government jobs get so much vacation time...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Went to help a friend work on his antique tuck today. Spent about 3 more hours than I'd planned to do so, and got nothing accomplished that I needed to on my own projects.  Doing a bit of studying for tomorrow night..

Lynx

Somebody owes me an autumn! One day it was summer and the next it was almost freezing out there. WHERE'S MY FALL?!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Same place mine is. It apparently left for warmer climates. I am currently violating policy I am sure. Have a nice little electric heater plugged up next to me in my office. I hate the cold.
And I am dragging already.  This week is range week too, hopefully it will be warmer Thursday and Friday...