Rapture Timing

Started by onli-one-jehovi, May 24, 2010, 03:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onli-one-jehovi

Serious question.

I have been re-studying the rapture and want some scriptural answers. A fellow saint and I have recently found ourselves "fencing" about this. His responses are primarily those of "scholars", while I have stuck with the Bible.

What is the rapture? When is it's timing? Before - during - or after - the tribulation or Jesus' return?

What do you see in scripture? If - as events portend - we are at the threshold of Christ's return, then the answer will affect us all.

I do not mean this to be a debate. Just to clarify what the Holy Ghost has shown me.

Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?

yosemite

hmmmmm! why contend? its coming! be prepared for the day. no man knows the hour or the day of the return. today is the acceptable day of Salvation, for tomorrow is not promised.

people that contend on this, are just wondering how much time they can get before repenting. IMO

dont mean no harm or foul, double o j.   thanks, YO
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: yosemite on May 24, 2010, 06:48:44 PM
hmmmmm! why contend? its coming! be prepared for the day. no man knows the hour or the day of the return. today is the acceptable day of Salvation, for tomorrow is not promised.

people that contend on this, are just wondering how much time they can get before repenting. IMO

dont mean no harm or foul, double o j.   thanks, YO

No sweat! No harm or foul.  :great:

However..... Jesus did tell us to watch. Time for repentance is a good thing. Actually, it is an act of mercy. God not willing any to perish - comes to mind. But I understand what you're saying.

Contention - for me - revolves around preparation. If the radar shows a storm in my state but not headed for my area - I'm not that concerned. However, if the radar shows a storm heading for my area - I better do what I can before it gets here. Preparation can make all the difference. Look back at Katrina!

I believe a laisous-faire attitude is not in the best interests for the Body of Christ. Especially as we see the day approaching. I believe it is very important for us to understand what the Bible really says about this climatic event.

BTW, "no man knowing the day or hour" is a tremendous clue to the seasonal time of His return. Our Lord & King never meant for us to be ignorant of His coming. It is those in darkness who are surprised, not His people.

I simply find myself watching and searching more and more as each day passes.

Thanks for the input. Appreciated as usual.  :teeth:

Scott

I don't stress it, I believe in living each day as if it was the day.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: Scott on May 24, 2010, 11:08:48 PM

No stress involved. We could be killed at any time by any number of means. Our day would arrive. Yet "our day" is not the same as "His day". He did command us to watch for His day.

Question still stands: When is the rapture? Not according to scholars, opinion, or tradition - but according to scripture.

Does the Bible tell us this timing or do we just hope it pans out?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on May 25, 2010, 12:21:51 AM

No stress involved. We could be killed at any time by any number of means. Our day would arrive. Yet "our day" is not the same as "His day". He did command us to watch for His day.

Question still stands: When is the rapture? Not according to scholars, opinion, or tradition - but according to scripture.

Chapter and verse containing the word "rapture" please?

And one other question...

But I will save it for later...  :cool:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: YooperYankDude on May 25, 2010, 12:35:40 AM
Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on May 25, 2010, 12:21:51 AM

Chapter and verse containing the word "rapture" please?

And one other question...

But I will save it for later...  :cool:

Very astute. The word "rapture" is not in the Book. However, I hope this somewhat universally accepted reference is easily understood.  :teeth:

To be biblical - When is the translation of the living saints in Christ?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on May 25, 2010, 12:40:40 AM

Very astute. The word "rapture" is not in the Book. However, I hope this somewhat universally accepted reference is easily understood.  :teeth:

To be biblical - When is the translation of the living saints in Christ?

Well thank you... I try to be...! :cool:

Which living saints?  

The ones that lived back when it was written... or the one's that now claim they are waiting for the return of the Lord?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

onli-one-jehovi

The saints back when scripture was written are the dead in Christ. At least in a physical sense. They wait to be resurrected.

The living saints are those who are physically alive and remain at the coming of the Lord. For now, that includes us.

No tricky wordplay involved. Straightforward question. Expecting straightforward answers.

onli-one-jehovi

From what I currently understand from scripture - the rapture is the transformation of the living into a body like His glorious body; & the resurrection is the transformation of the dead into a body like His glorious body.

A simultaneous event that occurs to the complete Body of Christ in both Heaven and on Earth.

As noted, the word "rapture" is not in the Bible. There is only a couple of scriptures that plainly refer to the living being transformed. This makes finding the timing a bit difficult. However, there is ample scripture about the resurrection of the dead.

Therefore: if we can determine scripturally when the resurrection of the dead in Christ occurs; we automatically determine the "rapture" of the living in Christ.

That is the contention point I have with my friend. I know what the "expert scholars" say. I'm really wanting to know what the Bible says.

Can we research this? Can we discard tradition and opinion to line up with the Word?

The times are upon us. Change is here and morphing our lives every day. Are we prepared?

onli-one-jehovi

The following is some of what I have found the Bible to say. Paul based his understandings upon the word of the Lord. {I Thessalonians 4:15} We can do no less.

I will break them up for easier posting.

There are only two resurrections

John 5:29   And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Acts 24:15   And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

First resurrection - life at His coming

1 Corinthians 15:23   But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

1 Corinthians 1:7-8 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Revelation 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Job, Daniel, and Lazarus expect to be in that resurrection.

Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Daniel 12:13   But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

John 11:24   Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

onli-one-jehovi

The resurrection of the just is also called "gathering the harvest"

Mark 4:29   But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

Revelation 14:14-16 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Matthew 24:31   And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:27   And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

He comes at the last (seventh) trumpet

Revelation 8:2   And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

1 Corinthians 15:51-52   Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Matthew 24:31   And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:16   For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Revelation 10:7   But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 11:15   And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

He comes with clouds

Matthew 24:30   And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64   Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 13:26   And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Mark 14:62   And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Luke 21:27   And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

1 Thessalonians 4:17   Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Revelation 1:7   Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 14:14-16  And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.  And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

onli-one-jehovi

The harvest is on the last day

Matthew 13:38-39 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

John 6:39   And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40   And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44   No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54   Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Ephesians 1:10   That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

The last day is the end of the tribulation

Matthew 24:29-31 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:24-27 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Luke 21:25-27 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;    Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Revelation 1:7   Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him.

Second resurrection - damnation at end of time

Revelation 20:5-6   But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:7   And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:10-13 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14-15 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.   

onli-one-jehovi

Summary

There are only two scriptural resurrections:  the first at Christ's coming, and the second; one thousand years later at the end of His millennium reign. The rapture occurs immediately after the first resurrection

Christ comes at the last of seven trumpets, in clouds, with angels, and with loud voices. He also said all eyes would see Him and the tribes of the earth would mourn. Scriptural records reveal this to only occur after the tribulation of the last days.

Conclusion

There is no scriptural affirmation of Jesus' return for His Church prior to the Great Tribulation. An unbiased study of the Word of God conclusively proves the pre-tribulation rapture/resurrection doctrine to be in error.

The scriptures listed have not even taken into account the relation to the Fall Feast Days, the Days of Noah, Parable of the Fig Tree, Ten Virgins, Creative Days, Duration of Last Days, or many other symbols.  It is my belief that the Church needs to be aware of the times and prepared to go through the refining process. Adherence to incorrect information will only serve to worsen the situation. If we will hear the voice of the Holy Ghost now, and begin to prepare spiritually, mentally, and physically; then the fires will be less apt to overcome us.

However, we must all search the scriptures for ourselves and depend not upon any man. Now more than ever, it is imperative to be led of the Holy Ghost. Be a good Berean and study to show yourselves approved.

onli-one-jehovi

Saying all of that.... I ask the Body the same question I asked my friend:

Where in scripture does it affirm the "rapture" occurs pre-tribulation?

So far, there has been no answer.

Therefore - if scripture is correct and the living saints are "raptured" at the end when He returns - shouldn't we be preparing ourselves and others for the calamitous times ahead?

Just wondering.

Melody

I am not extensively educated in this subject.  At times it is appealing for it's motivation and balance, at others, it's illusiveness conflicts with my human side so I have to take a step back.

The most sense of things that I have heard is that the final 7 yrs are not all tribulation, but the 2nd 3.5 are.  The marking of the beginning of the final 7 yrs being the peace covenant of Israel that will be actually nothing of the sort, and the middle mark being the abomination of desolation.  That at that point Israel will be here, having recieved a revelation from the "rapture" and will be persecuted but will also  be the remnant of "the Church."  They will flee to Judea and pray that their flight would not be in winter or nursing babies or on the Sabbath.

so I would tend to be more "midtrib" though I'm not sure the "middle" is in fact the middle of tribulation but of the final 7 yrs.  Make sense?

I tend to lean towards this based on scriptural references of Irvin Baxter which I know many don't believe with.  However, seeing as how I am not a scholar and do believe ALL the Bible even though I may not understand it all, I have grace for what I may not yet know.  I'm not so dead set on a "time" as I am that He is coming Soon.  And if I should have to endure some tribulation, it may or may not have anything to do with The Tribulation.  I need to be prepared reguardless, yet try to be attentive to what's going on in the world in correlation w/ the Word.  All I feel I can do is hold up current events and ask if they fit.  If they don't, settled.  If they seem to, I consider it trying to have wisdom and not be too hasty. 

I very much believe the ones who pay no attention to what's going on in the world are indeed off balance.  Even for the sake of intercession, we should pay attention with a Christ centered perspective.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 26, 2010, 10:32:13 PM
I am not extensively educated in this subject.  At times it is appealing for it's motivation and balance, at others, it's illusiveness conflicts with my human side so I have to take a step back.

The most sense of things that I have heard is that the final 7 yrs are not all tribulation, but the 2nd 3.5 are.  The marking of the beginning of the final 7 yrs being the peace covenant of Israel that will be actually nothing of the sort, and the middle mark being the abomination of desolation.  That at that point Israel will be here, having recieved a revelation from the "rapture" and will be persecuted but will also  be the remnant of "the Church."  They will flee to Judea and pray that their flight would not be in winter or nursing babies or on the Sabbath.

so I would tend to be more "midtrib" though I'm not sure the "middle" is in fact the middle of tribulation but of the final 7 yrs.  Make sense?

I tend to lean towards this based on scriptural references of Irvin Baxter which I know many don't believe with.  However, seeing as how I am not a scholar and do believe ALL the Bible even though I may not understand it all, I have grace for what I may not yet know.  I'm not so dead set on a "time" as I am that He is coming Soon.  And if I should have to endure some tribulation, it may or may not have anything to do with The Tribulation.  I need to be prepared reguardless, yet try to be attentive to what's going on in the world in correlation w/ the Word.  All I feel I can do is hold up current events and ask if they fit.  If they don't, settled.  If they seem to, I consider it trying to have wisdom and not be too hasty. 

I very much believe the ones who pay no attention to what's going on in the world are indeed off balance.  Even for the sake of intercession, we should pay attention with a Christ centered perspective.

You make a lot of sense. We must pay attention to the times with a Christ centered perspective, if for nothing more than intercession. That's a very good discipline.

I find that so many in the Body truly do not perceive the closeness of the hour. So many remain blind(?)/ indifferent(?) regarding how massive the changes will be prior to His arrival. It seems as if the conclusion remains - "We have years and years before His return. All proceeds as before". I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can believe that.

I've heard Irwin and studied much of what he says. Same with Hal Lindsey and others. But it was only within the last few years that I actually obeyed the Word and looked in the Book to see what It said. I finally took what Man said the Bible says, and compared it to the source. Do that with everything now - including sermons.  :lol:

What I found was astonishing. When I looked for the timing of pre-trib {as I believed over 40 yrs}, it wasn't there. Anywhere! I couldn't for the life of me find the conclusions these "expert scholars" arrived at. I was perplexed at how I myself managed to "see" them before just accepting the Word for the Word. When taking simply scripture and verse, and not adding anything to it, His coming for the entire Church {Jew & Gentile,both living and dead} is at the end of the GT. No other conclusion can seriously be reached.

The seven years and all the other stuff can get confusing. But, He gave us plain words of what to look for and when the "countdown" would start. The nation of Israel being birthed in 1947/1948 {the fig tree blossom. 11/29/47 is the UN proclamation for forming a State. 5/14/48 is the fulfillment} becomes the last generation. David says a man's years are 70. 1947 + 70 = 2017. 1948 + 70 = 2018. Even if we take the Balfour Declaration made by Britain in 1917, and use the 100 yrs type of Noah, we come to 2017.

2017/2018 would be the max - unless those days were cut short - the way I currently understand. Either way - this is 2010. We're running out of time.

My main point being - scripture does not guarantee a "rescue ship" out of here prior to Revelations events. We must be as prepared as possible spiritually, mentally, and physically. Using the storm picture - if I think the storm is hitting "them"; I won't prepare for it hitting "me".

Notice how the newscasters are using terms like "biblical", "catastrophic", "plague", etc to describe the diresome events that keep hitting the earth? Notice how many major earthquakes have occurred since January 1 2010? Did the oil spill bring Revelation 8:9 to mind? Or the River Nile being turned to blood prior to the Exodus?

We're running out of time. We need to be sure we're in the refuge of Christ & focus upon the refining process upon us.

I just want the Body to wake up.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on May 26, 2010, 10:05:24 PM

Where in scripture does it affirm the "rapture" occurs pre-tribulation?

I asked this here 4 days ago. I've asked it of friends, family, saints, and ministers for years. I've re-evaluated my beliefs and begun to ask again over the last months.

I honestly want a scriptural answer. Not logic. Not tradition. Scripture.

Of the 100 hits for this topic - is there not anyone who can find it in the Book?

If it can't be found in the Book - why do we {the church as a whole} insist on pinning our hopes upon an unscriptural conclusion?

The Book of Haggai tells us to: Consider our ways.

The Gospels tell us to: Watch and make yourselves ready.

I sincerely desire the Body to wake up and run to the Ark.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on May 30, 2010, 01:50:20 PM

If it can't be found in the Book - why do we {the church as a whole} insist on pinning our hopes upon an unscriptural conclusion?

Hmmm... If this were FB, I would hit like to this question!

I honestly want a scriptural answer. Not logic. Not tradition. Scripture.

The doctrine of the rapture is fairly new, it was not written about till a few hundred yrs ago... I find it interesting who it is that it was put forth by.

In lot of our churches (meaning Apostolic), it is preached about as much as Salvation, even if simply in passing... and with an element of fear that I am not comfortable with, for fear is an emotion. If one simply runs to the alter for fear of missing the Rapture or because they are scared of all the terrible things brought out about a great tribulation... when the fear is gone, done and ever with... a lot of times the person is too.  This is different than having a "Fear of the Lord" which is actually mentioned in scripture, and I also feel it to be a different type... different topic... different discussion...

All this being said... if there is one... ok...

If there isn't, and there have been many predictions causing countless people to freak out... such as the book with 88 reasons...

And I don't find it salvation to believe or not believe in one.

If you do, do so, and continue to work hard for the Lord... not simply figuring the end is near anyhow... so who cares...

If not... Continue to work hard for the Lord, allowing yourself the time to study, pray, grow, and build an effective witness. One that people can see in your daily life, and not simply one that is concerned that the world is going end soon...

I personally think we have time... and that this world is gonna be around for a bit longer. Maybe I am wrong, but... but again, was it mentioned in Acts 2:38 to also watch for the rapture, or to worry about the end of the world?

This topic unfortunately causes division in people who otherwise get along very well... and then becomes a battle point for brethren in Christ who were commanded to love one another.

I can love my brother, and still disagree with him... but can I say I love him when I am horsewhipping him over it, or attacking him?

I know people on both sides of this topic, and have personally seen the attacks coming from both sides, on a topic that has nothing to do with New Testament Salvation.

Although, it did have a lot to do with the Jews in Jerusalem at 70 A.D., and the siege and destruction of their city. Again... perhaps a better topic to be started in a new thread, as to not side track this one from it's focus.

Lots of good scriptures by OOJ... :grin:

I am also not closed off to there really being a rapture and all of that other stuff, I am not above learning.

But if I learn, I want it to be Bible... and just as I had to walk away from a doctrine I was raised up being told was Biblical (the Trinity), I cannot accept a Bible Study written using scriptures on a specific topic, from anyone who still has on the glasses of someone who has been indoctrinated all of their life to believe in it.

Basically meaning... to finally get an understanding of 1 God, and his plan of salvation, I had to drop all preconceived notions, thoughts, and previous teaching concerning those subjects.

Same thing here on the topic at hand. If we go into a subject with a already predetermined outcome, our outcome is already chosen, and all scriptures will be used in a way to prove that point. Rather than laying aside the predetermined ideas, and things we have been told, taught, preached at, and had fed to us over and over again so that we can look unbiasedly at a topic.

:twocents:  

Feed The Bachelors 2010

onli-one-jehovi

Some very fine points there, Yooperyankdude.  Especially this one:

Same thing here on the topic at hand. If we go into a subject with a already predetermined outcome, our outcome is already chosen, and all scriptures will be used in a way to prove that point. Rather than laying aside the predetermined ideas, and things we have been told, taught, preached at, and had fed to us over and over again so that we can look unbiasedly at a topic.

That is exactly what the Lord had to do away with in my prior studying techniques.

Does it divide the brethren? It can - when made salvational. I hope everyone understands that is not my belief.

However, Jesus went to great lengths to reveal to His Body when He would return. He told us when the commencement would begin for the last generation. {Last in the sense of present governing systems existent when He physically returns.} He told us what to expect physically and spritiually. And, He commanded us to watch lest we be found sleeping. Watch that these events do not take us unawares. Watch lest we be found naked and ashamed.

Kinda difficult to just keep sweeping it under the carpet. Especially considering we've reached the 7th day from Adam {7000 yrs} and the 3rd day from Christ {3000 yrs}. We know what happens on the 7th day - God enters His rest and completion of all Creation. Just as we know what happens on the 3rd day - Christ resurrects from the dead in a glorified body.

It doesn't matter how right or wrong people were before. What matters is: what is the Spirit saying to the churches right now? What is Creation screaming at the top of its lungs? Why does every single happening in every dimension possible {social, political, economical, spiritual, environmental, etc} read as if taken from the pages of Scripture?

We don't have a long time. Period. Do not allow yourselves to be decieved.

We just have to wake up and be sure we stay prepared. Everything I've heard about the coming of the Lord is happening now! Not some things, but everything! I'm looking at 47 yrs of cognizance too. Not a novice here. We have to let go of this planet and make sure our hearts are right.

Not trying to instill fear. That method is deployed by ministers/leaders who seek only to control. I've felt the sting of those lashes many a time. Cowered under them too. Not now. I'm not afraid of His coming. I'm not afraid of what is/will happen. Because I'm preparing for it. I've accepted the probability of martyrdom or death by war. The events warned about in the Gospels, Revelation, Jeremiah, Daniel, and all the Prophets will not be a surprise for me. I don't want it to be a surprise for anyone else either.

I asked a long time ago if America was ready for judgment. She wasn't. Nor is she still. She is blind and deceived - just like most of the Church. It won't happen here - is her attitude.

Well, it will. And it is. There's 100 million+ gallons of oil in the Gulf testifying to that. They can't stop it. I'm not sure if they will. Whole lotta damage been done. Expect food shortages. Expect product shortages. Barges that used to go up the Mississippi have to find another route. And wait till the hurricanes hit, spreading those toxins into the atmosphere and into mainland water sources.

No, only the blind and foolish think all is as it was and will return to normal.

We have to prepare. Not out of fear, but confidence. Someone has to have the correct answers. Someone has to be able/willing to offer help. Shouldn't that someone be the Church? I think so.

Let's wake up Church and prepare. Our redemption is nigh. The time is at hand. Come out and be separate. Go out into the darkness to meet Him.

Let's just be prepared.