News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Have you got enough to last through a quarantine? 

Wanna buy a roll? I'm offering the cheapest price in the neighborhood. Only $14 a roll.  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
 Sorry it's been a bit since I got in here...
So, yesterday, I went to Russellville to get some things, and Lou let me buy my dream grill- a PitBoss Austin 1000XL pellet grill. This thing has enough room to cook 50 burgers, can flamebroil, smoke, grill- it's amazing.
The down side is, Lou helped me unload it when I was putting it together. It fell on her finger, cutting it and it required a trip to the ER and 3 stitches. :pound:
But the steak and shrimp I cooked on it were amazing.
The quarantine thing is playing hob with my church, as well as others. We've all became televangelists, and with our sorry internet in my area, it's not going great. Someone needs to "sow a seed" in my televangelist ministry, so I can get decent internet. :lol:
 Oh well, we will do whatever we have to. We will survive. The church is in a never before seen place and we will have to adapt and go beyond the walls...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

We tried that video streaming thing yesterday. Pastor opted to use facebook live, so anybody without facebook was out. Fortunately I'm the only one I know of in our church who does not have facebook, and I was running the sound board and camera.

We did a full service, singing and preaching. (We skipped the offering, but they sent out a text about using the Tithley app.) Turns out when the pastor preaches to a mostly empty building and a camera he sounds just exactly like when he preaches to a full house. Facebook live gives metrics so we could see that people actually were tuning in - we peaked at 69 viewers.

It's a wonderful time to be a nerd. Before I left for church I borrowed uncle Fred's phone and connected it to Grandma's TV. Miracast (screencast) dongles rock. When uncle Fred and aunt Lucy came over, uncle Fred swiped over to his facebook and they watched the service on the big screen.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

We did the Facebook live from our house yesterday.  A small church, 10ish members.  It was us and our neighbor yesterday, and we started.  We had 124 viewers when we finished, and have 300+ views on the video of today.  But we also have had over 500 engagments!  That makes me very happy.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

We did our service via live stream, FB live, and Instagram Live. They had singing 2 songs, and then Pastor preached an hour.
Shortest service in the history of our services. lol Alas not the shortest message Pastor has ever preached.

From my count I saw 16 people there though. Sure hope they don't get caught and fined for having more than 10.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

With all this stuff about corona virus... I bet that beer is gonna have to change its name.

About the service streaming, this may mark a turning point in our church. For many a moon I have advocated streaming services because we have elderly people who can't come and some people who don't come but would watch it, but the pastor has always demurred. Last Sunday we DID have some of those people who would not have been at church watching it. The pastor has begun making noises about streaming services every week, even after this virus blows over.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been busy around here with 4 kids. Just trying to keep up.

Roscoe

I've done very little. Cook, eat, play with sanding on the corvette. Enjoying the lack of people.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. Been here 3 days this week. I can't remember when I posted last without looking it up.

Rainy/dreary yesterday, and cloudy/foggy again today. Lots of sinus fun with that.

One perk of the current pandemic, is that the roads are sooo much less congested when I commute.

I still am hoping to get to stay home eventually (not sick of course lol) in order to work on my house projects, but our job is considering themselves essential, so I'm clearing up some of my work backlog instead.

Lynx

Wednesday, my day off!

I'm not going anywhere and there's nobody around to look at me funny when I sneeze and sniffle. So I had a bowl of chili for breakfast and put a disturbing amount of cheese in it.

I sure will be glad when this virus thing blows over and I can eat cheese again on days when I have to be out in public.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I'll be glad when it is over with as well, although I AM getting some stuff done. The biggest issue is I am staying up until 2 am then sleeping until 12pm...like I'm back in high school. From info I am getting for the job we will be "working" from home most of the time- they've got us working basically 2 days a week at the office, when I go back.
I've cleaned out the shop, finally was able to mow the yard, or most of it- the back of the yard, I'd still need pontoons to cut. I've sanded down the hood of Chey's corvette and most of the front fenders, and have a gallon of primer on the way from Summit Racing, it should be here tomorrow or Friday.

I'm glad no one is coming visiting though. I look like a total slob- unshaven, and if I'm just out in the shop, I don't even put my dentures in. I'm sure I will be featured prominently on nationwide news, when I am surprised by a tornado.
"Hit come from over dere , just a big ole black cloud. I told Mable, I says, we better get ta tha house"
* If that happens do NOT tell anyone you know me. LOL.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

I kinda need to make a run to the store but not really wanting to at the moment.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on March 26, 2020, 04:56:12 AMI'll be glad when it is over with as well, although I AM getting some stuff done. The biggest issue is I am staying up until 2 am then sleeping until 12pm...like I'm back in high school. From info I am getting for the job we will be "working" from home most of the time- they've got us working basically 2 days a week at the office, when I go back.
I've cleaned out the shop, finally was able to mow the yard, or most of it- the back of the yard, I'd still need pontoons to cut. I've sanded down the hood of Chey's corvette and most of the front fenders, and have a gallon of primer on the way from Summit Racing, it should be here tomorrow or Friday.

I'm glad no one is coming visiting though. I look like a total slob- unshaven, and if I'm just out in the shop, I don't even put my dentures in. I'm sure I will be featured prominently on nationwide news, when I am surprised by a tornado.
"Hit come from over dere , just a big ole black cloud. I told Mable, I says, we better get ta tha house"

Oh, if that happens, I will use every resource available to make sure it is captured and shared with the world!

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@work.

Forgot my tortillas for tacos for lunch, so I thankfully have my Doritos that I'll have to use as nachos instead.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on March 26, 2020, 02:14:30 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 26, 2020, 04:56:12 AMI'll be glad when it is over with as well, although I AM getting some stuff done. The biggest issue is I am staying up until 2 am then sleeping until 12pm...like I'm back in high school. From info I am getting for the job we will be "working" from home most of the time- they've got us working basically 2 days a week at the office, when I go back.

Oh, if that happens, I will use every resource available to make sure it is captured and shared with the world!

:ugly:
Evil man. :pound:

Didn't go to bed until 4 am. Then, at 8 I am awakened by an accidental phone call from work. Just after dozing back off, Lou wakes me up- to tell me she had given the dog his medicine. I have NO idea why that was so important I had to be wakened.
 I'm gonna go play in the shop for a while I guess.

Nelle

LOL. My luck at MY house... if I didn't tell someone I gave someone medicine, that patient would get medicine again!

Roscoe

Shew Lord. I thought I would "straighten up" the RV port, since the area behind the Scotty camper was a first class disaster. The RV Port was built for the previous owner's 32' fifth wheel, so there's a large space I can used to store junk in behind the 13 ' Scotty, and boy did I store junk. The straightening up turned into a project. I now know that I've got a spare set of tires for Lou's car, a spare set for Lou's old car, two tires that I have no idea what they came off of, and a tire from Rusty. Apparently my packrat tendencies hit when it is tire buying time. I know what it is- back when Lou and I first married money was none existent. If we needed a tire, we were out of luck. I guess I subconsciously figure we aren't going back to having to worry about tires- if the takeoffs are decent, I've saved them when we put new tires on.:lol: 15's,16's 17's,20's.... I've got 'em.

I've also "found" a trailer load of scrap metal to haul off when the scrap yard opens back up, and a trailer load of junk to haul to the dump; cut a bunch of limbs that needed cut; mowed and weed eated; and wore myself slap out.
The primer came in for the Corvette and I'm too tired to carry the box to the shop..lol

Roscoe

Where'd everyone go? ???
Did more cleaning today. Tinkered with the projects some more. Had a bit of conversation with God while doing so. The thoughts from that are now partially chronicled in Roscoe's Ramblings thread. I thought about posting them on the church website, but might wind up preaching it instead..

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It has began raining again. :pound:
I've not gotten out of my night clothes. Lou is about to wear out the new grill. She thawed steak, chicken and shrimp out, has put together shish-kabobs, and had me fire up the grill. I've got to go back to work to keep from eating myself to death....

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 28, 2020, 01:17:15 AMI'm around.
I'm asquare. But that old song assures me it's hip.

In an effort to keep Grandma supplied with little frozen meals, I made a big pot of chili last night. Today when I was at church running the camera and sound for our streaming, I swiped an industrial size roasting pan from the kitchen. (I asked the pastor first.) It is currently in the oven making an industrial size batch of pear cobbler. That also will be cut up into little portions and froze.

Turns out that lazy day cobbler recipe is downright delicious. I made a test batch last Wednesday and me and Grandma promptly ate almost all of it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Going back to work tomorrow. Kinda concerned. One of our drug court participants, who I have dealt with daily up until about two weeks ago-works with his dad in a tow service, spending a lot of time in a truck cab with him. Found out today that the dad died of Covid-19 Friday.

Nelle

@Work.

Saturday was.. interesting. Watched my hometown get struck by a tornado. No fatalities and only 22 injuries. Lots of damage obviously. Home church is fine, but some families lost their homes. Sounds odd, but thank the LORD for COVID-19. It saved many, many lives. The mall got hit, and normally at that time of day on a Saturday - it's PACKED out with people.