News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Bobby: It sure is a good thing you wore off that paint. It would be a shame for an official agent to be trackable.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Morning. Halfway through the week..............
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I guess since he told us, he's not a secret agent man... .... LOL. I couldn't resist.

Day 3 of 5.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on June 26, 2019, 01:59:10 PMI guess since he told us, he's not a secret agent man... .... LOL. I couldn't resist.

Day 3 of 5.

Mini has that set as my ringtone...lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Not doing much today. Oh wait, that's every day.

Well not much at "work". But I've unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it back up and ran it again, folded a load in the dryer, washed and dried my sheets and remade my bed, washing a load of towels now.

Went and got a Starbucks + a taco. Hmm what else.  :thumbsup2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Re: the matt maddix thing?

I don't even know who that is.....  :biglaugh:

I doubt the 5 of us who post are ever gonna stir up trouble now Scott....lol  :thumbsup2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 26, 2019, 08:40:24 PMRe: the matt maddix thing?

I don't even know who that is.....  :biglaugh:

I doubt the 5 of us who post are ever gonna stir up trouble now Scott....lol  :thumbsup2:
I kinda thought the same thing. All that did was stir up my curiosity. lol

Went through the day. Went to church. Stopped by our new local Domino's Pizza at Lou's insistence. They aren't fast food. But it was good.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 27, 2019, 02:55:31 AMI kinda thought the same thing. All that did was stir up my curiosity. lol
Same here, and google can't scratch the itch.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Best I can tell he is/was a preacher who is no longer in truth.
 But that's enough of that.
 Morning, all. Back at work for Day Four of The Hostage Situation, aka work.
I had a triple axle dumptruck load of sandy loam topsoil delivered last night. Now to spread it where it should be and the septic problems should be a thing of the past. And this weekend, myself and a friend are headed westward to retrieve ole Sam the '52 and bring him back to God's country.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local news, I saw my brother for the first time in a few years. I am depressed.

Back story: About a decade ago my brother moved down to Texas. He met a girl and they fell in love, but never married... and my brother and his girl live in the same house as the girl's ex. Ever since then my brother has avoided his family, because he believes we are judging him about this situation.

Last week my dad called and said my brother would be visiting him, and he said my brother mentioned it would be nice to see Grandma too. So yesterday Grandma and I drove up to the south edge of Kentucky and met Dad and Bro at a Cracker Barrel.

It was a nice visit. We talked about many things - shoes and phones and chocolate and music and all kinds of things - but my brother spent about half the time trying to argue with us that abortion and homosexuality were okay and the Bible is mostly allegory and parable, not literal records of what actually happened.

Remember the old apostolic chat? Remember the trolls that came through there? It was like listening to every troll line ever, but my brother believed everything that he was saying.

This is the brother that at one time was trying to convince me to go to church. Now he believes the Bible is nothing more than good advice and fairy tales. And all this started when he tried to justify what he wanted, but it wouldn't fit in the framework of what he believed, so he had to tear down everything he knew was right and rebuild it to fit what he wanted.

Did I mention I'm depressed?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Man Lynx.  I'm sorry.

People often justify their sins to their own detriment.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi: And yeah, Lynx that stinks..

Morning all. Glad it is Friday..been an eventful week at work.

Nelle

Day 4 of 5 Recap - I worked a long day again this week. Got a lot done.

Day 5 of 5!! - I'm @work. I'm not feeling well, but it seems like as the day progresses, it is getting less intense, so I'm hopeful that I will feel fine soon! Hoping it was just the Panda Express that did not settle well. Could also be stress/nerves since I still have some work to get done (for my own sanity) before I leave work today. I'd love to be at home taking a nap tho....

MJJ - Could you take one for me please? lol.. I think that'll make me feel better.

It's SOOO cold in the office the past two days. I had a thick sweater on top of my normal cardigan that I wore, PLUS I ended up turning my space heater on so that my legs & feet would thaw. Since I don't feel well today, I am trying not to turn my heater on, but I already have the sweater on again. I was at the typewriter earlier that's by the window.. so I put my feet in the window sill (it goes to the floor) so my toes could feel some warmth from the sun. It helped some. :)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on June 28, 2019, 04:25:30 PMMJJ - Could you take one for me please? lol.. I think that'll make me feel better.

take a nap for you? gladly haha :sleep:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Shew. It be warm today. Of course, that could be because a large chunk of my day was spent in an un air conditioned 67 year old truck, puttering 125 miles home. Ah, but it was grand. Sam made it home with no issues of his own- we miscalculated his gas mileage and ran him dry at a stop light, so we had to tug him to the gas pumps at the station next door.

It's without a doubt the furthest Sam has been driven in 30 years, probably longer. :lol: But, he's home now. And Mini got some cool shots of Sam entering the Promised Land, aka, Arkansas under his own power. A friend and I took his big diesel and trailer to haul Sam home, but decided we'd drive him a bit and see how he did, thinking if we needed to, we could load him up on the side of the road. Never needed to. Coulda saved me $50 and drove Rusty over without the trailer, but better safe than sorry. I'm happy.

mini

Poor Sam.  He was sure happy driving down the road though...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

I feel like I'm behind on current events.

Sam was Mini's, but Bobby bought Sam and just now drove him home? And Sam's gas gauge doesn't work? Is all that right or did I miss part?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Yes.

I bought Sam in 2011.  Roscoe and I have a ironclad agreement.  If we sell Sam, it has to be to the other one.  I have completely refused to ever sell him...until this year.

In January I stopped to look at a old truck that I have been eyeballing for years.  Me and the owner hit it off.  Before I left that day he offered it to me at a price that was way less than what I expected, and in the range where I couldn't say no.

I called Roscoe and we talked it over for a long time.  Sam is special.  But I could take the same amount of money the other truck was offered to me for, put it in Sam and never get close to the level of restoration the other truck had.

So Sam went back to Roscoe (temporarily, albeit for several years I'm guessing).

Roscoe came over yesterday and drove Sam back home.

For the first couple of years I owned Sam I probably put 20 miles a week on him, back roads mainly.  Since moving over here he's only gotten maybe 300 miles on him in 5 years.  Mainly cause he has no brake lights or turn signals.

Roscoe drove Sam ~130 miles yesterday.

Roscoe put a few gallons of gas in Sam, drove about 100 miles and realized he had sucked every bit of gas down his gullet.  A few gallons more, and he made it "home".

Few if any of the gauges work in Sam.  He's a fun challenge to drive.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on June 30, 2019, 11:32:21 PMYes.

I bought Sam in 2011.  Roscoe and I have a ironclad agreement.  If we sell Sam, it has to be to the other one.  I have completely refused to ever sell him...until this year.

In January I stopped to look at a old truck that I have been eyeballing for years.  Me and the owner hit it off.  Before I left that day he offered it to me at a price that was way less than what I expected, and in the range where I couldn't say no.

I called Roscoe and we talked it over for a long time.  Sam is special.  But I could take the same amount of money the other truck was offered to me for, put it in Sam and never get close to the level of restoration the other truck had.

So Sam went back to Roscoe (temporarily, albeit for several years I'm guessing). You may retrieve him after preaching my funeral

Roscoe came over yesterday and drove Sam back home. Not sure "drive" is correct. Herded, perhaps. Prayed him home. But he did it! and did it well..

For the first couple of years I owned Sam I probably put 20 miles a week on him, back roads mainly.  Since moving over here he's only gotten maybe 300 miles on him in 5 years.  Mainly cause he has no brake lights or turn signals.

Roscoe drove Sam ~130 miles yesterday.

Roscoe put a few gallons of gas in Sam, drove about 100 miles and realized he had sucked every bit of gas down his gullet.  A few gallons more, and he made it "home". It is claimed that 235 equipped trucks can get up to 16 mpg. Beside I can tell, Sam got closer to 10. But I WAS pushing him- old boy ran 50-55 mph the whole way, and he hasn't been driven that far at one time in over 30 years I know.

Few if any of the gauges work in Sam.  He's a fun challenge to drive.

I'm probably going to anger some of Sam's fans. He will eventually lose the "patina", aka rust look. I've already began collecting parts to repair him. He will still never be a show truck but will lose the flintstone floors and some of the challenges to drive, as I am going to swap transmissions (with another of the same type from a friend's stash), upgrade the rear end and adjust the brakes- and fix his exhaust leak, cause he is loud. LOL

Lynx

I vote for leaving the leak. Loud gives old trucks character.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 01, 2019, 06:30:06 PMI vote for leaving the leak. Loud gives old trucks character.
I'd like to be able to hear myself think. :smirk:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 01, 2019, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: mini on June 30, 2019, 11:32:21 PMSo Sam went back to Roscoe (temporarily, albeit for several years I'm guessing). You may retrieve him after preaching my funeral

This is the best line I have seen in this thread so far.
"Do you sing at church?"