News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I'm totally not a fan. Still. But I AM a fan of one thing. The free time off. "Work from home" today and tomorrow. Yeah, heh,heh, I'll "work" from home. I'll install my rear end in the recliner.. :lol:

Kim calls this morning. She had water well issues and didn't want to drive to town. I drove her to town,then picked up a couple things at the grocery store. It was slicker'n snot.  She called again around 7pm. There was another part broken. I drove her to Conway tonight. Much slicker. But we made it.
And tonight we are supposed to get the next round of snow. 
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

We got a little of the extra snow.  But my 8 inches of extra snow turned out to be about 2 or 3 inches.

*sigh*

Overall about 6 inches here.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

I've had a vacation at home at least the past couple of days. Went to my appointment today for my heart and then to work to do payroll and whatnot. Sun came out yesterday for a bit, but no sun shining through today. Thankfully the roads were much better.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on February 17, 2021, 03:01:43 PMWe got a little of the extra snow.  But my 8 inches of extra snow turned out to be about 2 or 3 inches.

*sigh*

Overall about 6 inches here.
Well, so far we are at an overall total of close to double that Mini. Like a foot. And it is STILL COMING DOWN.
Supposed to have a doctor's appointment Friday, but the weatherman claims this stuff won't taper off until Thursday afternoon. If that is true, I may not be able to get to the dr's office in Conway...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

What do you say to somebody who calls in "I can't come today, we're snowed in" and then shows up a couple hours later to pick up his paycheck AND get a burger?

I really need some ideas, because we have multiple employees who pulled this junk.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

The sun is rising... I think. Cloud cover is 100% but it's lighter outside than it was an hour ago so I'm guessing the sun is up.

Everything is covered with white and very quiet. No traffic on the highway a mile to the south. No nothing. It's very peaceful.

As usual, it makes me want to connect my phone to a guitar amp and blast some Kutless or Paige Armstrong across the landscape.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Our water is off. It comes on for a bit then stops again. Thankfully we have electricity, which is better than Chel. She has no electricity or water and her internet/phone signal is spotty.

Nelle

@Work. So very sleepy. Probably because I've had lunch/snacks and my heater has been running nonstop beside my desk.

Roscoe

@ Lynx- If I were the boss in that situation, I'd have had two words for them. "You're fired".
@ Fuzz- Sorry to hear about y'all's issues. We've been fortunate- never lost power. I went to the office this evening and did a bit of work. My appointment tomorrow has been postponed. I'll probably go to work for part of the day, as we open at ten, but my day off has already been approved....
Lou goes back to work tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will start to warm up some.

Nelle

The ice on top of my vehicle FINALLY came off today. I was nervous that it was going to fly off and hit someone's car on the interstate.

@Work.

Finally able to take off my holter this morning. Praying they find nothing wrong and none of my symptoms happen again. But if they do find something, I pray that we can move forward with it financially and all.

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankful that today is above freezing and stuff is trying to melt. We've had to fix some leaks and got water again but not full pressure. It's supposed to drop back to the teens tonight. :(

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on February 19, 2021, 08:23:48 PMThe ice on top of my vehicle FINALLY came off today. I was nervous that it was going to fly off and hit someone's car on the interstate. 
I had to resort to my backup vehicle because my minivan got a flat and our mechanic has not been at his shop all this week. When I hit the highway and got up to speed, suddenly the whole ice sheet on the hood lifted up, flipped over the car and bashed itself into a spray of white powder behind me.

Though the highway was well clear, enough to get up to 55-ish safely, there still weren't many cars around, so no damage. Weeee, do it again!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
 I've made it no farther than Sam, in the driveway. Went out and swept the snow off of it and Rusty, then came back in.
There was some melting today, thankfully.
 I'm halfway studying for tomorrow, in hopes that we can get in the driveway of the church. We are kinda on a hill and it takes a bit for that to clear off.

The Purple Fuzzy

We are still under a boil water notice. Had to fix some pipes, but at least we have water.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm thankful for sunshine & melted snow!

Nelle

@Work.

We tried to have someone try out for our church yesterday, but when we all got there - the heat wasn't working and the electricity was at half-power. (I work for an electrical contractor.) They're going to check with Ameren to make sure it isn't their issue first before we send someone out from here to check it out.

It was cold inside, but as soon as we left to go home (after a very very short service and me doing the books) - I stepped outside and it was warmer outside than it had been inside, haha.

Sunshine is SO nice. I'm just a tiny bit sad to see the snow go, but I don't like week-long disruptions in my commute and day-to-day life, so overall I'm still happy to see it go. I did almost wipe out this morning in my own yard thanks to slightly melted snow on some ice, but I recovered and did not go boom. LOL.

MsJennJenn

I survived the polar vortex to Texas. No loss of any power or water thankfully.
I've been sick since Valentine's. Not sure if it's the flu or covid. They're one in the same these days.

Mom moves out this weekend!!!!

It was 70 degrees here yesterday. From 7 to 70 in three days.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Losing my mind. Stuck in online class for the past two hours and it is BOOOOORING.
 Pretty and decently warm here as well. Sorry to hear about Jenn being sick..
One of my older saints slipped and fell this morning dislocating his shoulder. He'll be unhappy for a bit- he is very active and this will slow him down. He is 73....was feeding the cats that have shown up at his residence.
Old man can work most people I know in the ground.

Nelle

Got my echo cardiogram results back today and they are good. Now we just wait for the holter monitor results!

I go back to the doctor on 3/1. I'm going to go ahead and ask her to have allergy testing scheduled (for caffeine as well) and if she still wants to do a chest xray to see my lungs. It really seems like it's either caffeine or stress/anxiety.. or maybe a combo. I would like to get to a point where I'm either okay'd to be on allergy meds every day or something. I want to make sure I'm taking the right combination for what allergies I have and not hurting my organs in the process. So far the only allergy med that seem to help is Allegra D. I have gone from having allergy/sinus issues maybe 1-3 significant events a year.. to dealing with them almost daily.

She did prescribe me the anxiety meds, but the side effects of those scare me. I am supposed to have already been taking them and I'm sure she'll expect me to have answers in March. They tell you not to take them until you know if they'll make you drowsy. I was going to take them over the weekend when I first picked them up.. until I read the medication booklet that came with them, haha. I should've called her immediately and discussed it I guess. It's just uncharted territory for me.  It's hard to know that I'm that stressed out.. that it could be causing medical issues... but I don't *feel* it when it's happening, ya know? Like.. I've grown numb to how it feels or something.

Nelle

I forgot to say... I haven't been having any breathing flare ups like I had been having... since I stopped drinking caffeine. Stinks tho.. b/c I'm not a huge fan of only water and there are just not many caffeine options available around here. ESPECIALLY at the restaurants and gas stations. I'm bound to Sprite or A&W if I want a soda... unless I bring my own Caffeine Free Dr Pepper with me! I'm trying to get back into drinking more water than anything else... and I do have caffeine free tea at home. I just ordered decaf coffee for the few times I drink it as well.

Honestly.. if all I have to do is eliminate caffeine.. I can do that. Obviously.. I also need to lose weight. LOL. I found my walking shoes that I bought last spring. I need to really take advantage of nice days and put them to use. I'm only 36.. too much possible life left to waste it.

Roscoe

I've actually been approved for Bariatric surgery- Don't know if I've mentioned it. The fat just isn't coming off like it used to.
Been a busy, busy morning thus far.
I MAY have bought a set of gauges for Sam- one of my "major expenses" during the rebuild. Everywhere I look they are running $700+. A guy on one of the forums rebuilds them with all new internals and does so for around $400. That'll be my "mad money" from the tax refund and Sam will be sporting! LOL

Nelle

@Work. A little sleepy..

Working on cleaning up my mess of a desk before our CPA comes first of March. I'll probably have to put in hours on Saturday if I can't get quite a lot accomplished.

It's a pretty day here, but I feel like there's a storm coming when it gets so warm after being SO cold.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Beautiful and 70s here today.
 Been a rough day- work nonestop, anxiety and stress, and then just as church was about to start I got a call and had to go to work. One of my offenders out of prison just a month, was found dead of suicide by hanging. He'd apparently been dead for several days, probably as much as 3 weeks...the snow and ice had prevented him being seen and preserved his body.
Came home, and Lou and I were discussing depression, stress, and suicide, as a result of that and the fact that a close family member recently shared having battles with that as well. I told Lou while I was in no way condoning or thinking of it, I understood how someone could feel that is the only way out,
I had told God early tonight, something has to give, and I need to hear from Him.
Out of the blue, literally during our conversation when I was expressing to her my feelings of the past week or two, a friend who I haven't talked to in some time messaged me "Feel led to tell you everything is gonna be alright."
 Simple. And oh so powerful. That God whisper reduced me to a blubbering mass of thankfulness, lifted 300 lbs from me, and renewed my belief that God loves me and He still hears me..