News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I miss the chatroom today lol. So many friends and connections made in those days.

Trying to count calories. Fighting a wicked headache.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
Been a busy couple of days. We did finish up Rusty's rear end install, and he looks and drives great.
Yesterday was weird not being at work...this morning, I got up an hour later than normal and went to orientation at the new job.
There's gonna be a TON of paperwork, and more desk work than I'm used to, but I really think I'm going to like it. My coworkers seem to be great, although one of them confided that the office was known as the "Henhouse" because of the nearly all female staff. :lol:
It's definitely going to be awesome working ten minutes from home again though, and it looks like I shall get to take off the week of the carshow too....:clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Well. My kiddos that are in Mexico are heading to Cambodia next. Can't seem to convince them to stay close.

Roscoe

Lord. Glad they enjoy gadding about. I wouldn't mind seeing the world, but no way would I want to uproot every few months and trot off across the globe.

Morning, all. :hi: I think I'm gonna enjoy this job, especially the hours. I've been up an hour, prayed, read a couple of chapters of the Word, and am enjoying my coffee. And I still have an hour and a half before I have to be at work, ten minutes away. Such a pleasant change from getting up an hour earlier, rushing to fight traffic, and being in a negative mood all day...
Only downside seems to be less time to torment Mini via text. I must address that.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Dad has been in the hospital since yesterday afternoon. Started as chest pain. Urgent care to ER to admission to the hospital. We found out he already has spots on his liver as well. Bad because it's his liver but good because it's easier to biopsy there. That was supposed to be done today but he got bumped to first thing tomorrow. I'm staying at the hospital most day and staying at my parents with their dog at night. I'm very thankful that my teachers are essentially letting me become an online student for the next 3 weeks. Prayers would be greatly appreciated as we move forward with care, testing, and trying to get short term disability going. We are still believing for a miracle!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Praying for y'all.
Made it through day two. Gonna be ALOT of learning paperwork. Lord, it seems like every contact with an offender, about every 30 minutes, produces 25 pages of paperwork.  I do think I'm going to really enjoy it though. So far, I love my coworkers.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

My thoughts exactly. Them must be some pretty good people he's working with there. Like, undercover angels or something.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

They remind me of me. :hypocrite: Sweet, kind, generous- and extremely bad tempered if lied to or done wrong. :lol:
Folks, I've walked into a powder keg waiting to explode....in a good way. The people we deal with are only those who have majorly messed up, and will do their level best to pull wool over your eyes. There are the occasional ones who the mess up was one time, and those they try to help. Then you have those that are habitual criminals and that's the ones you have no pity on.
These cats know not to mess with Probation/Parole. One of my clients today is a case in point. A few years ago, I chased his sorry hide all over my town. Today, the big joker walked in to my office like a kitten, and before he left, we both were laughing. He told me, "I won't play no games with you here." He's scared of my coworker- she's 45-50 is, 5 foot 2, 200 lb lady. He's 6'5",280 with none of it fat...:lol:

Heather

Dad finally had his biopsy. They also found another tumor that's almost double the size of the 1st one. They are keeping him at least til Friday because they are waiting to get pathology back to get him a meeting with oncology.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Those days in the hospital are rough...praying for you, Heather. *HUGS*

Speaking of prayer...I am coming to you all asking for some serious ones on my behalf.

I have had pain in my back since before Easter. It's gradually getting worse. But some days it's non existent. It's hard to explain. It's in my upper right back area, behind my ribs, but it's not muscle or bone like...it feels like a huge bubble of some sort that kind of shifts. Sometimes it spasms with movement, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes OTC pills help it and sometimes not. Heating pads and hot showers may or may not lessen it either. It's frustrating! It's like it's pain but only responds sometimes to whatever treatment I give it.

Anyway. It hurts. And I don't know what it is or how to help it. It's not my usual diverticulitis flare up or a pulled muscle. And I don't want to go to the hospital and rack up another bill and get a script for mess I can't afford....

Which brings me to my next prayer request.

I can't find a job. Seriously I've tried EVERYWHERE. Online, in person, I've called places asking if they were hiring, I've talked to people who have talked to people for me and NOTHING. No calls and not so much as one rejection letter.

I have enough money for one more month rent. For May. That's not counting electric and water and gas for the truck. I have food, but that's it. May 1st when I pay the rent I will be BROKE. With nothing coming in. Without a job I will drown and be dependent on others again.

God has been so good to me. He has provided me with everything I have needed this far. After mom passed, SO
MUCH worked in my favor for me to stay here and blessings blessing blessings...so I can't think that He brought me this far and make me lack a job and watch me drown. Please pray I find THE job I'm supposed to have and that it comes in time before I start to go under. Tomorrow would be perfect. Ugh.

Number three...and I hate to even admit this...but I'm also drowning in emotional distress. Im so lonely and I'm TRYING to hold it together, but without Mom, without a job, with the pain and constant worry, I'm just so broken and Ive never felt THIS far gone before. I have no purpose it seems. I'm TRYING to trust God, and I do, but I...just don't know how to explain it.

No one around seems to see. I smile and can pretend so well I should get an award or something. But to Yall, I'm just being honest. I don't know what to do. I feel if I had a job and a routine it would help. But I don't and it's getting worse...please pray for me?

Yall know...my Mother was one of the most aggravating people in the world and I had such a hard time dealing with her. But I miss her so bad, I cry myself to sleep most nights and I have no one now. No one loves me like she did. Even with our problems, she loved me. And I'm all alone now. What am I supposed to do? What if this pain is something bad and God took her so she wouldn't see it? Is that why I can't find a job? Cause I'm about to die? God help me!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Ok. That may be the most pathetic post that has ever come from me.

And I'm sorry. But it's truth.

Please pray?

Lynx

Nothing pathetic about it. Constant pain wears you down. Of course you're depressed, you don't have any leeway to regroup and recuperate. Will be praying. I'd send some money if I could (any friend of Chel's can't be all bad) but I ain't got none.

In local news, I woke up with an odd, but accurate, thought going through my head. The Bible has a Creative Commons license. Specifically a CC BY-ND license. You are free to use it, even for commercial purposes, but you're not allowed to change any words in it.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Let me clarify just a bit. I know that no one took it this way, cause Yall know I don't beg or ask for handouts...but I have to say it anyway cause I worry about such things. My last post wasn't intended to sound like I was asking for anything BUT PRAYER. Lol

Gifts and money are nice, but unless God leads you, I wasn't asking for anything. I know God will provide, but I wasn't asking.

I worry that it came across wrong. I just need prayers. Majorly.

Thanks.

sunlight

Move here. :halo: I have sent you 100 or so texts already saying why it's a perfect fit, especially with at least 3 jobs waiting on you!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Melody: I know you weren't asking for money. I was just saying, I wish I could help someway, but I can't.

Chel, only a hundred? You're slacking ma'am. All that gadding about must be interfering with more important things. :p
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Praying Melbs! :hug:

But I'm with Chel....Texas!!! :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

The only problem with Texas is its Texas.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I agree with Mini and disagree with the Texans.
Arkansas is obviously  a better fit. :hypocrite:

Lynx

There is nothing wrong with Arkansas that a few hills could not fix. The place is much too flat.

On the other hand, in Arkansas you can probably see a storm cell coming 50 miles away.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 14, 2016, 06:10:05 PMThere is nothing wrong with Arkansas that a few hills could not fix. The place is much too flat.

On the other hand, in Arkansas you can probably see a storm cell coming 50 miles away.
You're nuts. Only the eastern half of Arkansas is flat. The rest of the state is mountains- the Ozarks and the Boston Mountains.. Oklahoma- now that's flat...

Lynx

I am not nuts. I'm MUSTARD, I got a promotion!  And east AR is all I've seen.
"Do you sing at church?"