News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

It's almost here, it's almost here, it's almost here! Package tracking shows the Padfone X I ordered is almost here!

Yeah, so I'm a nerd. A phone that doubles as a tablet and (with a keyboard) even an ersatz laptop makes me happy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:-p.
And today the date came in. My last day will be April 7....
Excited.  Apprehensive.  Mixed emotions.  My main boss made me cry by telling me that he was glad for me, but I "was irreplaceable. ".  I have been humbled by the outpouring by legislators that have commented, texted and otherwise  reached out after I posted about it on facebook. I didn't realize half of them knew who I was, much less thought that highly of me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I bet now you're glad you bit your tongue all those times people got on your nerves and you wanted to say something. People WERE watching you after all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

First 10 hour day prepping batter and icing done. Lord my feet are tired. I haven't have a job where I stand for more than 6 hours in a long time. Sheesh.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

My feet always used to hurt when I was on them all day... until I got zero-drop shoes. Now my feet don't hurt even after a 12 hour day. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:stupid:
Coffee. Need more coffee.  As I told a coworker  who told me I should be on top of the world-" I am, but there's  all these idiots  up here with me. I should push one of them off."
Coffee has kept that from happening.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

Heather, get a pair of Super Feet insoles. They make a world of difference. :)

Roscoe! I'm so excited for you!

Mr. Ted is a groucho again today. Crazy child. He's got such a happy disposition most of the time, but when he's grumpy MAN! is he ever Grumpy with a capital G. LOL Teething has not been kind to him. Or to his mommy. ;)

Miss B is being quite hilarious today. This morning at breakfast she informed me that "the princess still has a cough", meaning herself. I'm not sure what's up with talking about herself in third person, but it was very amusing. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

We fly back into the USA tomorrow... And it sounds like traffic is going to be horrid with all the traffic detours and rerouting due to the floods...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's so pretty outside today but we had to already turn on the air conditioner for a bit last night. It's too early in the year for that. :o

Heather

I have a very complicated situation involving a member of the church that everyone has blown off as 'that's just the way he is'. I just don't even know what to do about the situation and I'm not sure if I want to go into detail here. Let's just leave it at the 'stranger danger' feelings I have around him has been confirmed three times now and this last time was something he said to my husband. Why does crazy follow me?!?!?!?!?

Roscoe

I enjoyed  a beautiful vacation day today.  A friend  and I fired up Rusty and cruised around 200 miles on a bbq run.
The place we ate at was decent,  not top of the list like claimed, but okay..
An old truck, ribs, a good friend  and a 70 degree  sunny day. Hard to complain about that..

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on March 16, 2016, 10:12:28 PMI enjoyed  a beautiful vacation day today.  A friend  and I fired up Rusty and cruised around 200 miles on a bbq run.
The place we ate at was decent,  not top of the list like claimed, but okay..
An old truck, ribs, a good friend  and a 70 degree  sunny day. Hard to complain about that..
Shouldn't you be ''east bound and down loaded up and trukin''?

Lynx

So last night I saw a short video clip of a Ferrari that burned rubber at launch, caught up to another car and then skidded out of control. The caption was, "Gotta get another whiff of that driver's M&M breath... mmmmmmm!"

Then I woke up.

Then I thought, "No, no, nononono NOOOOO! My subconscious mind is even more cheesy than the whole internet!"

What do you do when you dream in short cheesy gifs?
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Rough afternoon yesterday.

Headed to the 2 day Men's Retreat held at BassPro, while the ladies retreat in the hotel ballroom. If the cease fire breaks we got them beat on munitions and artillery.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 16, 2016, 06:48:23 PMIt's so pretty outside today but we had to already turn on the air conditioner for a bit last night. It's too early in the year for that. :o

Same here. Until today - the temps dropped like 30 degrees, and it's rainy/icky.
It blew something in, cus I've sneezed my head off all morning.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Didn't make it to church last night. The anxiety of my current situation shut my body down. I slept around 12 hours last night. Work study today. My public speaking class then running group this evening.

MelodyB

Heater? What is that?

Seriously...even at the coldest, I think Mom and I turned the heater on twice. It never got cold enough. I've had the A/C on all winter. Or just OFF and nothing on. Too stuffy to turn on the heater. Mom was always cold, but she wore extra clothes and covered up. Now that I'm alone, I have the A/C on 69 all the time and I'm still hot. This summer is gonna be torture.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 17, 2016, 02:28:04 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 16, 2016, 06:48:23 PMIt's so pretty outside today but we had to already turn on the air conditioner for a bit last night. It's too early in the year for that. :o

Same here. Until today - the temps dropped like 30 degrees, and it's rainy/icky.
It blew something in, cus I've sneezed my head off all morning.
right. The temp dropped down to 55 after the rain came through.

Roscoe

:hi: Fixing to move out, as soon as Lou gets in. It's cooler here today too. I spent most of the day with Bro Wilson. Trying to download some decent music for the trip- decent as in not that horrid howling choir singing that Lou calls music.  Come on Hinsons, ect... :freaky2:
We are gonna head east, probably find a place around 8:30 or so to stop at.
Looking forward to seeing Elona and Jason, who are coming Sunday, and anyone else who might come over or drop in.... :clap:
And I'm suspending the diet in order to enjoy myself. Hopefully I won't add 10 lbs over the week....:sadbounce:

MelodyB

Going back thru training in a couple weeks will help you drop anything you may pick up on your vacation... Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?