News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 06, 2015, 07:23:25 PM
Let sleeping cops lie, I say.  :biglaugh:
Isaac is the wiser of the two previous posters, in this case. :hypocrite:
Actually, Jenn, I did get up, went to town, did the grocery shopping, ran by the library, came home and fixed a couple of niggling little issues the bbq run revealed on Rusty, changed a flat tire on the trailer, managed to work a few minutes into the schedule for a run by the church for prayer time, and have plans to cook some butterfly chops in a mushroom gravy with slices of Portobello mushrooms, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner.
Surprisingly- that's a light day for me on my day off. Oh, and I rewarded myself for being good vis-a-vis the diet by buying two smoked ribs, and had 18 pieces of Brookside Goji & Raspberry flavored Dark Chocolate...I'll have more of those little 170 calorie a serving sweethearts....:fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Congrats on the job, Heather.
It's been dark & dreary & raining all day here.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 06, 2015, 09:42:02 PM
Oh, and I rewarded myself for being good vis-a-vis the diet by buying two smoked ribs, and had 18 pieces of Brookside Goji & Raspberry flavored Dark Chocolate...I'll have more of those little 170 calorie a serving sweethearts....:fork:
o.O 

Well I can't say much. Day before yesterday I stopped by the salvage grocery to see if they had anything interesting, and they had whole cherries (the bright red, tart kind) dried, coated with dove dark chocolate. Not the strongest chocolate in the world, but dove has a good flavor. I... um... might have bought 20 bags or so... No I'm not kidding, exaggerating or using hyperbole.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Completely forgot about EmPower happening this weekend. Made it about 45 minutes late due to work. They were still singing. Awesome message from Jerry Jones. Then had some fun with the youth and Bro and Sis Lewis. I only ever get to see them at church. Sis Lewis is easily becoming one of my favorite people.

Woke up this morning to Brandon making me pancakes. He is now 2 weeks cigarette free!!! Work for both of us today. I'll still be making smoothies Fridays and Saturdays.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Ah, mexican chocolate. (And no, I do NOT mean the Carlos V "chocolate" bar. That doesn't even qualify as real milk chocolate.) Mexican chocolate has its own unique flavor. And it's very good combined with chili pepper, or cracked cayenne pepper, or a good bar of mexican cinnamon chocolate...

Say, Fuzzy, think there's room for a Lynx to stowaway in your luggage? :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Actually, only the carryon is free. Any other suitcases have to be paid for.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Getting ready to head to new members class before church. Finally folded my clean clothes from 3 days ago  :smirk2: It's been a weird few days.

Roscoe

:hi: Cool here. Not liking fall/winter at all, even if it's not freezing yet. I like my upper 70s + temps..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

It's been NASTY here. Hot, raining, humid...one of those you walk outside and immediedely feel like you need another shower cause you are sweating and YUCK. But then...yesterday morning was no different...nasty and rainy and HOT...went to church. Spent 4.5 hours inside the building, and behold! when I opened the door to leave, I FROZE walking to the truck! FROZE! It was windy and cold and crisp and just wonderful!

Last night I sat on the patio for about an hour for the first time since Heather was here and lit my lil fire pit! Beautiful!

I got up to use the RR and had a text from Krissy from 4am! She needs me all day today to watch her kids instead of just from 12-5. Her other babysitter is sick today. I told her she better be glad that my bladder wakes me every three hours or I wouldn't have seen her message in time...she said she was counting on that. Lol nice.

:flush:

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Morning, all. Cold- around 37- here this morning. :pound:  And traffic was atrocious. I sat on the interstate, moving less than a mile in 30 minutes, before I finally got to an exit where I could get off and take one of my little used, little known back routes in. That is the benefit to having old rides and avoiding interstates when you are in them-you find all the old two lanes. I've got at least 3, maybe more, routes to work without getting on the interstate, and if I do need to ,it's only for a mile or so.  :smirk2:
And last night was the first night of revival. Had  two backsliders in the altars.. Working on getting my beloved sister Kim there.... :freaky2:

MsJennJenn

It's in the 50's here. Cold. I'm sick. Woke up yesterday with a sore throat. But had practice at 12, then 1, then 2, then sing for church at 3. Throat hurts, can't breathe..ugh. :sick: Should of called in. :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

It's in the 40s here today. Not helped by the cold rain that has been falling from the sky since last night. Brrrr.

1st day of work study and here I am on GP typing from my laptop. Already have my homework for tomorrow done. I think I can get used to this.....  :cool:

Chseeads

Weirdos thou were, weirdos thou art, and weirdos shalt thou be.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on November 09, 2015, 08:29:16 PM
Weirdos thou were, weirdos thou art, and weirdos shalt thou be.
Yea, verily. As art thou.

And verily, yay! I came home from work to find homemade buttermilk biscuits and buttermilk fried chicken! A Grandma is an awesome thing.  :clap:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Mixed feelings tonight. A few months ago, Lou and I enjoyed a yard sale day, in which I found a several hundred dollar suit, worn once, for $10 bucks. I bought it, wore it once, and discovered the pant legs were a tad long. Got 'em back from the seamstress this week. Put it on a while ago- it's loose to the point of being baggy. I'm wearing it tonight, but I doubt I'll get to again. Glad to lose the weight, and I'm not complaining, but that was one of very few suits I own...:-p

Heather

Brandon can no longer wear the suit we bought for him for our wedding in May. We spent around $200 on it. It's the only suit he owns. He wore it once. It's now at least 2 sizes too big. I will take him healthier though!

Roscoe

I.am. totally. amazed. I posted that, texted mini that thought and went to church. Had a good revival service with folks praying...after service, I went out to the car to wait on Lou. She got in the car carrying- a new suit. One more expensive and better quality than the one I had. A sister in the church said her son in law had it and it was too small for him. It fits me well. It won't after 20 more lbs go away- but God furnished that one just after I MENTIONED it.  My God is AWESOME.
Now, I'm not trying to tempt Him or look a gift horse in the mouth- but the checkbook is mighty low, Lord. :pray: :laughhard:

Heather

Classes I had planned on taking next semester are filling up quicker than I thought. Why did all these seniors put them off?!?! We register here based off of how many credit hours you have earned that way upper classmen can get into classes required for them to graduate. Lowly sophomores such as myself can't register until NEXT monday. The geology class I planned on taking only has 15 spots out of 60 left  :roll: And I'm a planner!!! Don't these people realize they are sending my world into a tailspin?!?!?

The Purple Fuzzy

It's beautiful outside today but we're supposed to have storms headed this way later in the week.

MsJennJenn

Feeling so-so. I called into work though. Been waiting on the apartment landscapers to be quiet so I can go back to sleep.
-Alexander Den Heijer-