News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: SippinTea on April 17, 2015, 02:21:55 PM
*studiously ignores Roscoe's idea* :P

G'morning everyone! :hi:

:beret:
All my grandkids will be at the house this weekend and all kids.  Only missing one son in law, wish y'all could come too.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on April 17, 2015, 02:35:40 PM
Does it count if you work out and then eat a brownie? 😏😉😊
Sure it counts.  Better than just eating the brownie. ;)

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 17, 2015, 07:49:25 PM

All my grandkids will be at the house this weekend and all kids.  Only missing one son in law, wish y'all could come too.

That's wonderful!!! I've been trying to do that with my siblings for over two years; however, something always comes up for one of us!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Roscoe

I'm wounded deeply that Ruby would ignore my kind offer of bringing good taste and refinement to that sweet little girl. :hypocrite:
And I did NOT sleep in this morning. Quite the opposite, I got up fairly early (7ish) and met with the pastor. We went to Beebe, to Bro John Scheel's church, which was having a conference. Got to hear some good preaching, and see some good men of God. While I didn't get the chance to speak with him, I did get to see one of my favorite ministers, Bro Martyn Ballestero. Just wished I could've spoken to him- his preaching has always blessed me, and now I know he is a ham operator too. Anyway- great day with the pastor, and now I'm vegging at the house.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I think my body officially hates me. I got zero sleep last night.

If I feel like I'm gonna pass out, why can't I pass out?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 17, 2015, 07:49:25 PM

Wait. I've been demoted?!?!  :o :cry2:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

My RM left the room on a saturday.  :o She is only going to Wal Mart but it's still so surprising. I may just sit here in shock not knowing what to do for the hour that she's gone .....

Appropriately my last Saturday having to work at the Zone and I killed it on the front counter with the boss there. He has repeatedly told me that I need to work the front to get more hours. He refused to train me too. Now I've set my schedule for Monday and Wednesday mornings and the rest of the time at Keva and he's upset. He never gave me the chance. His loss.

Anyway....every joint from my hips down are currently killing me. At points today it was taking everything in my not to cry. I hope its just the weather, but at 32 I feel I am a bit too young for such shenanigans.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Got up today and found a cloudy day- but no rain as was forecast. So I fired up the 'vette , picked up a fellow 'vette owner, and headed for Hot Springs to a huge Corvette show. Nice and twisty 60 mile ride down, then I tormented Mini by sending him pics of the beauties, knowing he would love to be there....
When I got home I found that my carbon fiber vinyl I had ordered made it in, so I commenced to tearing apart the 'vette's console and covering it.  It came out not perfect, but decent. I may redo it later. In short, it's been a good day. I'm fixing to hit the sack since work rears its ugly head in the morning....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Been a busy day. Thankful to see my kiddos together.

Assuredbyfaith

Trying to get through a hectic work night...not quite half way through; however, I've got the beginnings of a virtual migraine happening...have no vision in my right eye! 😲  I can't afford to go home early; plus I have the closing shift! Going to be rough!

Roscoe

Hope things got better for you, Abf.....
And I can tell it is my Monday. I am dragging, even with the fuel known as Dr Pepper......

mini

*waves @ everyone in accordance to prophecy*

3 services today.  Preaching and teaching in all 3 of them.

Also, much to Roscoes dismay, I bought another guitar yesterday.  Now I have 3 acoustics 4 acoustics, I forgot I had another one, 2 electrics, a lap steel and a banjo.  I guess I need to start learning how to play.

:ugly:

*waves at bob in accordance to prophecy*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

The lap steel.....something I badly want to learn to play.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on April 19, 2015, 04:13:24 PM
You need a lap first.

:ugly:
:pound: I have a lap. And I value it so much I protect it with a belly.  :hypocrite:

Lynx

Now if I were someone else I would at this point make the observation that one must have legs to make a lap, so certain shorter people would be handicapped in this area...

But I'm me so I'll just observe that it would be hard to play a lap guitar when your lap is already claimed by a dog and a daughter.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised Bob didn't use that in his defense, that he must have a lap because Domino and Chey are always sitting in it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on April 19, 2015, 11:34:33 AM
Hope things got better for you, Abf.....
And I can tell it is my Monday. I am dragging, even with the fuel known as Dr Pepper......

Thank you! Didn't make it through the night...had to leave work at lunch time; barely made it home! Feel some what better now that I've slept for about three hours; had to take more Advil though! Unfortunately I have to go back to work in seven hours...my head still feels strange! 😲  Hopefully, tonight won't be so hectic!

Heather

Those who remember Kimber please lift her up in your prayers and those who don't know Kimber, please lift her up in your prayers. She is in need and the Lord is able in Jesus Name.

Went to 2 different church today. Still praying about which one is home. Now onto laundry and homework.

Heather

Just 2 more week. Just 2 more weeks and I never have to see her again if I don't want to. The good news is my RM and I seem to not be speaking anymore. She was babbling to me [while I was trying to do homework] about how her boyfriend needed to get his graduate degree in history to be a librarian. I told her that was wrong because my sister is in the program at University of Tennessee. I was apparently being short with her and should understand that she's stressed about having to get a job this summer while taking classes. I told her to be working 2 jobs, planning a marriage [and wedding], planning a move, and school and we could talk about stress. She then tried to precede with an argument and I told her that arguing wasn't worth the energy and I didn't have the time. Now had this happened 10 years ago I'd be in there screaming at the top of my lungs. Maybe one day she'll grow up and realize you pick and choose your battle and some just aren't worth it.

So, I'm in the library now  :cool:

Roscoe

Urgh. Lord. It's Monday again. OR actually Tuesday in my case, but it feels like the Monday that it is. :pound: Lord, I wanna go home. *Moan*

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on April 20, 2015, 11:47:44 AM
Urgh. Lord. It's Monday again. OR actually Tuesday in my case, but it feels like the Monday that it is. :pound: Lord, I wanna go home. *Moan*
t
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 20, 2015, 04:42:53 PM
:stupid:

:stupid: x2
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 20, 2015, 11:47:44 AM
It seems the pox returned upon thine own head, as was meet.   :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"